No announcement yet.

The Incoming thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody hell.....just received PayPal request for final payment on Seafarer 2 from Portugal....completely forgot about that one.....

I think that's when you know you have a problem - either with alcohol, or watches - perhaps both

Comment

• What do we want ANY OF THEM for??? I'd like to know how many on the forum who own a diver (prob most) actually dive. I'm not blessed with gills and my open water swimming etc limited to the times I have to swim....
      So yes, DESK DIVING only.
      Agree, built like a tank and probably has a button somewhere to fire the shells.
      Mmm....love the colour love the heft so therefore should just crack on and wear.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• It looks substantial, well built and nicely finished, and has some unusual touches, including the spiral fluted bezel edge. Extremely clear and legible dial, same for the hand set. Enough going on there to mark it out as a little different from the norm.

The problem with a lot of little things that are just a little different is that they don't always gel into one harmonious whole, which is probably what we all look for in a watch. It's really difficult to tell whether it succeeds in this just by looking at photos, it very much comes down to handling and wearing it for real.

In other words, do you like it or not?

Jim ;-)

Comment

• Mmm....love the colour love the heft so therefore should just crack on and wear.....

I reckon it'd look mint on an orange Isofrane (or even an OM Isoclone).

In other news : Likelyhood of selling the Alpina Seastrong chrono is increasing. It's an utterly fantastic watch, but it looks and feels humongous on my little wrist...

Comment

• Ha, answered my Q I sent in PM!!!

Comment

• By sheer coincidence, 2 titanium watches I've been after for a while should arrive in NZ early next week.

A Mido M018.430.44.052.00 Commander Titanium...

... and a unique watch in every sense of the word (only 1 ever being made) - the prototype of the Mavrik Nereus V 'Orange Crayon' 500m diver.

Comment

• New arrival. Wanted one for a while and I'm loving it.

noiseorchard@gmail.com

Comment

• Attached files

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                  Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• is that a clue??

A Mudman? Too obvious? Thought you'd been there and the SInn had beaten away allcomers for the tough all purpose piece?

Comment

• is that a clue??

A Mudman? Too obvious? Thought you'd been there and the SInn had beaten away allcomers for the tough all purpose piece?

yea, but it was cheap
                      “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                      Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• Having fallen for the Alpina from Blackrazor, I decided to "offer" grey dealer in USA a price for this....ACCEPTED....INBOUND.
                        Bracelet not leather which is my preference and way cheaper than even the leather is available for!!!!!

WHITE DIAL at last.

Comment

• Having fallen for the Alpina from Blackrazor, I decided to "offer" grey dealer in USA a price for this....ACCEPTED....INBOUND.
                          Bracelet not leather which is my preference and way cheaper than even the leather is available for!!!!!

WHITE DIAL at last.
                          Score bud. Watch fund must be running a bit low by now though

Comment

• I'm done for a wee while....still love the BB Bronze but duty free in UK my best bet. Plenty of time to save up.

Comment

• I managed to snipe this Mido Commander Flatline Chronometer on EBay for a song, but I was a little worried it was going to be a bit battered, given it's over 30 years old now.
                              I needn't have worried. It's in fabulous condition, and that silver dial is gorgeous. With a Chronometer grade ETA 2892, it's a heck of a lot of watch for US$126 shipped!

Comment

• You def cannot even make them for that price.....talk about bargains!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X