No announcement yet.

The Incoming thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome... have been waiting for a DHL item from Germany for over 3 weeks!

Thats a SEIKO is it, right ?
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Yep a 6106-7729 . Im also waiting on a crystal for this 6119-6023 from 69. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090112.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	42276 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090111.JPG
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	42277

Comment

• Originally posted by sjb
        Victorinox 241369 Auto with a 2824-2 for US$136 delivered (assuming it gets delivered lol). Couldn't say no - make a nice daily beater. I've got a couple of Rondas by Victorinox that cost more than that! Not sure about the silicone strap but it's nicely fitted to the case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	241369_ZM.jpg
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	42000 Click image for larger version

Name:	241369-back.jpg
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	42001
        That’s a nice VSA SJB IMHO ABC WTF

I like the font and layout and a good price too

Comment

• sjb
          sjb commented
          Editing a comment
          Let's hope it actually turns up!

• So, the Victorinox turned up today and I have to say - wow! for US$136 this is a steal. Another solid, well engineered case from VSA, super legible dial and a nicely finished off ETA 2824-2. The rubber strap, which I was expecting to be swapping straight out for a black leather nato is really good quality and surprisingly comfy (signed buckle too but you need Superman vision to see it).The case and dial, although smaller at 40mm, are very similar to another VSA I have with a Ronda that cost 3x more than this. So that one may be heading for the TradeMe watch graveyard soon. I'll take some pics this weekend when I have my camera rather than my phone.
        If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• captainscarlet1
          captainscarlet1 commented
          Editing a comment
          That seems unbelievably cheap. Is it new? and if so where did you get it from?

• sjb
          sjb commented
          Editing a comment
          Brand new, boxed. Massdrop special. Been lurking on Massdrop for ages but never pulled the trigger on anything until now.

• captainscarlet1
          captainscarlet1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Amazing!! It would cost me around $230USD for a 2824-2 movement alone.

• Originally posted by sjb
        So, the Victorinox turned up today and I have to say - wow! for US$136 this is a steal. Another solid, well engineered case from VSA, super legible dial and a nicely finished off ETA 2824-2. The rubber strap, which I was expecting to be swapping straight out for a black leather nato is really good quality and surprisingly comfy (signed buckle too but you need Superman vision to see it).The case and dial, although smaller at 40mm, are very similar to another VSA I have with a Ronda that cost 3x more than this. So that one may be heading for the TradeMe watch graveyard soon. I'll take some pics this weekend when I have my camera rather than my phone.
        Looking forward to those pics

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	vsa1.jpg
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	42418

Name:	vsa2.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	42419 Click image for larger version

Name:	vsa3.jpg
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	42420 Click image for larger version

Name:	vsa4.jpg
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	42421

Comment

• Very nice! So the numerals are a silver colour is that right? How’s the lume on this?

VSA do make nice field watches

Comment

• Yes - nice applied numerals in brushed silver - very legible in all lights. The date window I can see even without my glasses on (I need glasses for close up or reading). I can't usually make out the date on any of my watches! Only the hour and minute hands are lumed but just gave them a check and they glow quite nicely - not quite Seiko standards but easy enough to make out. The AR coating on the sapphire is done really well - like on my other 2 VSAs - it's almost as if there's no glass there on this one. I'll have to wear this every day for a week or so and see how the timekeeping is. Never usually wear the same watch two days in a row (except on holiday) so keep meself in happy ignorant bliss of their accuracy or lack thereof. All in all, if I'd paid US$300 for this I wouldn't be disappointed, at US$136 shipped it's the bargain of the year so far.

Comment

• SBDX001 SAPHIR arrived & in situ.. I'd say a very very slight improvement over the stock HARDLEX, just slightly clearer, a harder colder meaner more clinical peek at the display is afforded, not much difference

Perfect fit, exactly factory 1:1 unless you knew, you wouldn't know

Has BLEU inner AR

Via NOKIA 3210 + Tapatalk Premium

Comment

• psyched
                  psyched commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Such a stunning watch, OMG

• Wow, that things amazing for the money, where did you get it?

Triple date windows are awesome too, so so so much clearer & easy to read most of the time.

Jeez... what's actually wrong with it... what's not to like ​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1591.jpg Views:	1 Size:	134.6 KB ID:	42428

Harlan
                Timekeeper Watch Club
                Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• sjb
                  sjb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This one came from Massdrop in the USA. It's a sort of crowdfunded mass purchasing type of thing. Check them out, there are good deals on watches all the time. This was the first time I purchased after lurking for ages, was quite surprised by the $6 postage considering they sent it with DHL. Oris, Ball, Orient, Seiko, Glycine and Victorinox seem to pop up a lot. The more people who commit to purchase, the cheaper the price. Absolutely chuffed with this one and confident should something else come along.

• Sarbie
                  Sarbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i nearly picked one of these up too SJB. Nice score!

• harlansmart
                  harlansmart commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Know about MassDrop... someone I know of recently bought a GLYCINE from MD for NZD350

He sold the watch a while ago on TM for a 400% profit

It was instantly recognisable my the 'MD' on the box.

• Well done chua but i deleted the post when i realised all the images had names that totally gave it away. FAIL on my part there...since you already know lets see if anyone else gets it.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	42532

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	42533 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	42535
                Attached Files
                I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

• June 02, 2018 16:31 Geneva - Switzerland Shipment picked up
                  June 04, 2018 09:44 Auckland - New Zealand Processed at Auckland - New Zealand
                  picked up on a saturday afternoon and arrived in Auckland on the monday morning!
                  following a direct path thats 18,600km. im guessing the pick up was local time so that would be 04:31 NZ time making it a 53hr journey, at 351KPH so surely it can make the last 361km overnight?
                  we shall see...

Name:	Alpina-AlpinerX-Outdoors..016.jpg
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	42677
                  “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                  Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• deerworrier
                    deerworrier commented
                    Editing a comment
                    im hoping they make a better job of hand alignment on the finished product, as the hour hand above has a lot of catching up to do in 5min!!

• rolex
                    rolex commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I take it this will be unveiled at the Xmas Party being held at Beastiez tomorrow??

Those digi-ano's often display those types of characteristics.. it's ok normally.

• WooHOOO!
                  The crystal while a less mountainous as the original, has actually improved both the look and practicality of the watch. Very happy boy. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090155.JPG
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	42736 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090156.JPG
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	42737 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090157.JPG
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	42738

Comment

• Aaaand...

Name:	P1090162.JPG
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	42742

Comment

• A couple more shots!

Name:	P1090159.JPG
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	42746 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090158.JPG
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	42747

Comment

• rolex
                        rolex commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nica dude... so often all an older watch needs, to bring out its character is a new glass eh... nothing else, just a new glass.

Looks awesome mechanalogue
                    Working...
                    X