No announcement yet.

The Incoming thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the crystal... what have you installed exactly?

Below, was scratched up OEM was it, and now??

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1564.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	42749

Originally posted by mechanalogue View Post
    WooHOOO!
    The crystal while a less mountainous as the original, has actually improved both the look and practicality of the watch. Very happy boy. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090155.JPG
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	42736 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090156.JPG
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	42737 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090157.JPG
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	42738

Comment

• Mate, I'd pretty much given up on getting a replacement crystal, a genuine one at least. But I just googled 6106-7729 crystal and followed my nose until I positively located one at Otto Frei. They were exceptional to deal with considering they didn't realise they were out of stock. They emailed me promptly and gave me the option of a refund or an extra week's wait. They also clarified which mail service Id prefer. A week later I got confirmation that it was in stock and had been dispatched. Three days later it was in my letterbox. $20.00 US plus postage which wasn't much from memory.
      Part Number 300WA2GCOF.
      I like the new crystal because being less prominent means its easier to read the time and less likely to knock it around.
      Craig.

Comment

• So the replacement from Otto's is another genuine SEIKO part, but less tall... or thinner, and you installed it with the facets going cross ways not long ways, correct?
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• No I don't think it is a genuine Seiko crystal. The pic shows the genuine Seiko package on the right (For my 6119) and the one from Otto is on the left.
          Yes the new crystal is a lot more shallow than the original. The watch maker fitted it cross ways. I was expecting it to be long ways however I think I prefer it cross ways. Easier to read the dial and Ive seen some with what looks like the original crystal mounted crossways.
          At least I think the one on the right is genuine...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1090173.JPG Views:	1 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	42765

Comment

• Like a real day of new watches coming in. Found a whole pile in box under the stairs today. Including Orient Marcus Gronholm LE, Orient Rally yellow slide rule etc.
            Tony Lewis
            New Zealand

Comment

• Yup,

That is what I was searching for... to educate 'people' who might be trying to do the same sort of thing

Full, originality, is massively (i.e everything) important sometimes... when nothing but that USD600 unusable rubber strap will suffice lol

Whacky how it was (A) fitted x-ways & (B) how it's a 300 vs. 320 display cover

All good, as you were, just wanted someone (not me) to be clear.

Originally posted by mechanalogue View Post
              No I don't think it is a genuine Seiko crystal. The pic shows the genuine Seiko package on the right (For my 6119) and the one from Otto is on the left.
              Yes the new crystal is a lot more shallow than the original. The watch maker fitted it cross ways. I was expecting it to be long ways however I think I prefer it cross ways. Easier to read the dial and Ive seen some with what looks like the original crystal mounted crossways.
              At least I think the one on the right is genuine...

Click image for larger version Name:	P1090173.JPG Views:	1 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	42765
              Harlan
              Timekeeper Watch Club
              Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• A little boy waits...hopefully it will clean up nicely.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	806798218.jpg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	42814

Comment

Working...
                X