No announcement yet.

The Incoming thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too true - love the Zimbe, but not at that price.
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• been a while since i messed with Pedros head so here it is...

Click image for larger version

Name:	McrCityCentre11_1646x1147.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	43846

Name:	oqh71ywqnw7y.jpg
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	43847

Name:	SIG-Sauer-MCX-Rattler-Feature-758x467.jpg
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	43848
      if you recognise the SBR the rest doesn't matter
      “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
      Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• MWW Beluga ascent
        Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

• Originally posted by pedro44 View Post
          MWW Beluga ascent
          Holy Sea snakes batman!
          you have no idea how close you are mate. right maker, wrong range.

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

Comment

• The rattler. !!!!
            That looks cool even at 37mm.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

• harlansmart
              harlansmart commented
              Editing a comment
              Brilliant - not going to comment though thanks to some favourable XE rates, we currently, as of this week, also sport a nice Ushanka kinda like in the pic.... MADE BY TOOTHLESS people constantly fagging from a backward fishing village well inside the Arctic Circle... IBEX

• Originally posted by pedro44 View Post
            The rattler.
            That looks cool even at 37mm.
            yup yup yup, now that the seiko sus has gone stratospheric this is a good homage. Titanium and 3mm bigger too

Comment

• Passed on one of these Spring Drives a couple of weeks back and am now waiting on... Click image for larger version

Name:	Grand-Seiko-SBGA373-2-845x550.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	44054 Click image for larger version

Name:	bb1dae9d8cf52fee61b245c1042a1386_preview_featured.jpg
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	44055

Comment

• mechanalogue
                mechanalogue commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Sarbie, yep I was sooooo close to taking the Spring Drive. Absolutely the most beautiful watch I've ever had in my hot little hands. And yep I've had the SRP773 k1 for over a week now and it's even better than I was hoping. The Blue face and Oyster style bracelet complete the package just right.

• Sarbie
                Sarbie commented
                Editing a comment
                funny...I'm trying to stop thinking in $500 lots equating to watches so i can put those lots towards a snowflake.

• Sarbie
                Sarbie commented
                Editing a comment
                P.S. My turtle is one of my favourite watches and regularly is in rotation. So comfy too!

• Birth watch incoming.......not expensive but a 10% rakuten code along with a claimed +2 seconds per day and some rakuten points pushed me over (after juggling it in and out of my cart for 16 hrs and loosing sleep).

Had my eye on these for some time now and then SJB popped one in the daily thread.

Could be a new obsession...anyone want to guess the birth year ha ha...or the watch? Grammar of design is a hint.
              harlansmart commented

strap whore = Sarbie

Comment

• Sarbie
                Sarbie commented
                Editing a comment
                another hint....wears a crown in Japan.

• everyones too busy methinks
              birthwach is...1973 king seiko hi-beat
              tracking has started so with ems it should be here this week.

harlansmart commented

strap whore = Sarbie

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarbie
                everyones too busy methinks

Youngster!!!
                Tony Lewis
                New Zealand

Comment

• Sarbie
                  Sarbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ha ha, old enough to take that as a compliment.

• Click image for larger version

Name:	839753232.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	44337 Lord Matic on its way. Hoping it will be a buff, shine and wear with a smile...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarbie View Post
                  everyones too busy methinks

Originally posted by mechanalogue View Post
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	839753232.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	44337 Lord Matic on its way. Hoping it will be a buff, shine and wear with a smile...

Congratulations to both of you on the incoming

I'm sure you both are already aware, but just in case you aren't, I didn't want to keep quiet about the necessary care these two 56 Series movements require... Anyway, due to a design issue with the 56 Series of calibers, 90% of vintage 56xx today--including 56LM, 56KS, and 56GS—no longer have functioning QuickSet Day/Date. So, if your 56KS or 56LM still has a functioning QuickSet Day/Date, please help keep it that way by never using the QuickSet while the watch is indicating a time between 8 PM - 4 AM (The Danger Zone). As a habit, for every watch you own, always set the time first, so that you know whether the hands are in AM or PM position, i.e. find "mid-night" when the Date advances, then set the time accordingly. After that, set the Day/Date.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched watch reviews on YouTube where the reviewer usually demonstrates Day/Date QuickSet without actually knowing whether the watch is in AM/PM

Wear in good health!
                  A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

• Tempus
                    Tempus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice to see another couple of Seiko royalty joining the forum. My 52KS has been doing excellent service this week.

• Sarbie
                    Sarbie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the heads up Don...quickset operational and by habit i change the time first.

• Originally posted by Don View Post

Congratulations to both of you on the incoming

I'm sure you both are already aware, but just in case you aren't, I didn't want to keep quiet about the necessary care these two 56 Series movements require... Anyway, due to a design issue with the 56 Series of calibers, 90% of vintage 56xx today--including 56LM, 56KS, and 56GS—no longer have functioning QuickSet Day/Date. So, if your 56KS or 56LM still has a functioning QuickSet Day/Date, please help keep it that way by never using the QuickSet while the watch is indicating a time between 8 PM - 4 AM (The Danger Zone). As a habit, for every watch you own, always set the time first, so that you know whether the hands are in AM or PM position, i.e. find "mid-night" when the Date advances, then set the time accordingly. After that, set the Day/Date.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched watch reviews on YouTube where the reviewer usually demonstrates Day/Date QuickSet without actually knowing whether the watch is in AM/PM

Wear in good health!
                  Thanks Don, I was actually ignorant to these facts so much appreciated. Fingers crossed its all working. $55.50 landed makes it worth the gamble I think. It's on it's way so will let you all know when it arrives.

Comment

• Arrival today. Quickset works a charm. The mark between 9&10 seems to be a spot of something on the dial. All other marks seem to be on either side of the crystal.
                    Very happy boy.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Sarbie
                      Sarbie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congrats! I should have updated here too but threw my KS on daily wrist shot a few days ago. Mine is sweet too. They wear small though aye? I guess refined may be a better perspective, classy even. ha ha

• Haven’t been able to do this quite a while so thought it was time for some more fun:

Comment

Working...
                    X