Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deerworrier
    replied
    mine has now made it to Auckland. funny enough, it tracked as expected all the way to NZ, it landed this morning and the first text i received was from DHL NZ informing me of a delay in delivery but it was scheduled for wednesday so i think it will be on time. with any luck i'll be posting pics early in the week. the Guinand is off to the same man who can next week for a similar overhaul and a bit of refinishing.

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    To anyone else waiting for international deliveries via the postal services, they are moving, but just very slowly... I received this padded envelope from Germany yesterday, containing watch straps currently on my wrist as I type. Posted in Dortmund, Germany, on 24th April, so 18 business days to arrive in Bangkok. Normally, something like this would make the trip in around 8 working days by Airmail. Not entirely sure whether it came Surface all the way, or SAL.

The parcel from Russia, sent a full month earlier, is still not progressing. I'm guessing delivery will happen when it happens.

Leave a comment:

• Hammers
    commented on 's reply
    You will only need to a wait until the trans Tasman freight bubble gets its S##T sorted then

• deerworrier
    replied
    i shouldn't complain by the sound of things!
    mine is now in Straya so fingers crossed for next week some time.

Leave a comment:

• kiwi.bloke
    replied
    Me 3... waiting 6 weeks from the US. Given up on my UK shipment (not watch related) but won’t even post a claim as I figure it will turn up in a couple of months in any case. Probably need to tie some mail bags into seats on a passenger plane.

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Originally posted by deerworrier View Post
    d
    the wait is killing me... Result Summary
    Waybill: xxxxxxxxxProcessed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK Thursday, May 07, 2020 at 21:35 Origin Service Area:NEWCASTLE - WHITLEY BAY - UK Destination Service Area:NZ REGIONAL SERVICE AREA - NEW PLYMOUTH - NEW ZEALAND Estimated Delivery:Wednesday, May 20, 2020 By End of Day

1 Piece
    5 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 21:35 1 Piece
    4 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 20:29 1 Piece
    3 Departed Facility in NEWCASTLE - UK NEWCASTLE - UK 18:10 1 Piece
    2 Processed at NEWCASTLE - UK NEWCASTLE - UK 18:10 1 Piece
    1 Shipment picked up NEWCASTLE - UK 12:59 1 Piece

Not sure if this would help you feel better, DW, but at least DHL has their own planes. The rest of the snail-mail crew aren't so fortunate, as most global airmail travel on commercial flights, and most of these are currently grounded. This package of mine was posted in Chistopol, Tatarstan, Russia on 24th March, and now, more than a month a half, the rotor inside is swinging back and forth, somewhere.

Last update 30th March. The postal services are advising that, due to the scarcity of flights, parcels are being carried by surface mail.

Leave a comment:

• NINCA
    commented on 's reply
    Wouldn't mind getting stuck in Newcastle

• deerworrier
    replied
    i know boy who did the work had a few family drama so a weeks delay there then DHL seem to need a merc team to fight their way through the covid fundamentalist to get to each depot!

Leave a comment:

• Hammers
    commented on 's reply
    And getting stuck in the East Midlands of the UK has got to be one of the worst places possible

• Hammers
    commented on 's reply
    So what was / is incoming Pete?

• Hammers
    commented on 's reply
    Jeez mate where the F is it

• deerworrier
    replied
    did this thread just die a death?
    for shame

the wait is killing me... Result Summary
    Waybill: xxxxxxxxxProcessed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK Thursday, May 07, 2020 at 21:35 Origin Service Area:NEWCASTLE - WHITLEY BAY - UK Destination Service Area:NZ REGIONAL SERVICE AREA - NEW PLYMOUTH - NEW ZEALAND Estimated Delivery:Wednesday, May 20, 2020 By End of Day

1 Piece
    5 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 21:35 1 Piece
    4 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 20:29 1 Piece
    3 Departed Facility in NEWCASTLE - UK NEWCASTLE - UK 18:10 1 Piece
    2 Processed at NEWCASTLE - UK NEWCASTLE - UK 18:10 1 Piece
    1 Shipment picked up NEWCASTLE - UK 12:59 1 Piece
    Last edited by deerworrier; 08-05-20, 20:52.

Leave a comment:

• Hammers
    commented on 's reply
    No idea Pete. Can we have another clue

• pedro44
    replied
    Next

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• deerworrier
    commented on 's reply
    its on its way to Portland. should only be another 2weeks to NZ.
Working...
X