Christchurch Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christchurch Earthquake

Hi guys down in Christchurch.. How are you all and your families?

In my thoughts and prayers..

God bless
    Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

Hope all are OK
    'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

From me too Pedro did you get my text?
      I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Thanks Tony.... My wife is right in the middle of it. Friends $2m house where she is/was staying totally demolished around her ears..Will
        The best watch is the one that makes you happiest... and tells the time.

Comment

A truly sad day. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones... Telecommunications (mobile phone towers, internet access, etc.) would likely be down in many parts of Christchurch, so it could be a while til we hear from friends we're trying to contact.
          On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Just back on line,
            power back on but water supply stuffed
            phones ,mobile an landline crap nothing getting through,
            central city flattened, suburbs flooded, streets like sandpits (liquidfaction )
            still getting major aftershocks on a 1/2 hourly basis,
            my family all safe an sound , but the wife is an emotional wreck .
            We were lucky where I am , How bout you Captain - did you get much damage out at a Darfield,
            Didn't get your text yet Doc but it will get here sometime -On the bright side, yes there is a bright side
            All the Single malts survived ,
            Alas a good set of whisky glasses broke
            A good stiff drink is required tonight .
            Thanks for all your concerns and thoughts guys
            Really appreciate it
            Pete and Alita and family
            Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Was sat checking timekeeper when the quake hit my place. It was a very different experience to the sept 4 quake in that this one felt like being in a boat on a moderate swell. We have been lucky this time. My place is situated about 600m away from the epicentre of the sept 4 quake at a little known place called Greendale, and that one was unbelievablely long and very violent and wrecked everything. The Mrs was in Peterborough street when this one hit and when she arrived home she was ashen but thankfully unhurt. Pete. Really good to hear you and your family are ok. If you need anything let me know. Looks like the emergency services are going to have a long and harrowing night ahead of them. Our thoughts will be with all those affected by this devastating event.
              Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

We're ok. Both inside 4 avenues when it hit. I boosted it to my partners work breaking all the speed limits. Everything at both our works is on the floor or hanging from the ceiling. Spent 7 hours doing my morning 20 minute commute to get home. A lot of rubber neckers unfortunately.

Our place in Bexley is trashed - major structural by the looks, have had to pry all the doors open with my crowbar. We're sleeping here tonight because we're practically trapped. The flood water is about 40cm deep and the roads are mince and it's pitch black, the Subaru can't take it. Sewerage everywhere, everything on the floor including my watch collection.

BUT, we're alive. A lot of people out there tonight are trying to deal with losing loved ones. I can't believe this.

Can't sleep, were getting aftershocks every 5-20 minutes and I can't stop thinking about everything from today.

We're heading to my parents in Avonhead tomorrow where they're practically untouched.

Cheers,
                Alex
                  [br]
                1. \"Luck is merely preparation meeting an opportunity\"
                2. [br]

[br]
                  [br]
                1. My WAYWOF photo archive
                2. [br]

Comment

Oh just so sad...I have a grandson doing Uni at ChCh but hes fine, just no water sewerage showers etc.
                  My lady and self have offered accomodation with us for 2 weeks thru the Blind Foundation. It seems to me some may be glad of a change away for a few weeks. May I suggest our other members concider something similar?

Comment

We have organised for my mother-in-law and her husband to fly up here on Saturday and a friend has allowed them to house sit for her..
                    Tony Lewis
                    New Zealand

Comment

To all those affected, may you have the strength and resolve to get through this crisis..
                      On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

We spent last night at my parents place in Avonhead. Came home to Bexley this morning to secure the property and found this drawing out front in the thick silt.

It accurately sums up how everyone's feeling I think. We're all hurting now knowing just how lightly we got off, and knowing that so many people have lost their loved ones, their lives or their quality of life.

This watch hasn't left my side since the moment the quake struck, it's comforting in a way I can't really describe.

Kia Kaha Christchurch!

Kindest regards,
                        Alex
                          [br]
                        1. \"Luck is merely preparation meeting an opportunity\"
                        2. [br]

[br]
                          [br]
                        1. My WAYWOF photo archive
                        2. [br]

Comment

+1 romeo
                          We got off lightly compared to a lot of people
                          Many 10 times worse than us.
                          Aftershocks getting to us so gonna pack up the family and head south to ashburton for the weekend to settle our nerves.
                          Again thanks for all the support from fellow members
                          Pete an Lily

We spent last night at my parents place in Avonhead. Came home to Bexley this morning to secure the property and found this drawing out front in the thick silt.

It accurately sums up how everyone's feeling I think. We're all hurting now knowing just how lightly we got off, and knowing that so many people have lost their loved ones, their lives or their quality of life.

This watch hasn't left my side since the moment the quake struck, it's comforting in a way I can't really describe.

Kia Kaha Christchurch!

Kindest regards,
                          Alex

Comment

Amazing support and encouragement :D :D
                            I know I have said it before but again I must thank all those who have showed and offered their support to us down here in Christchurch.
                            My email box has been full of emails messages from all around NZ .
                            Plus we have been getting messages from all around the world on watch forums ,TKNZ , WATCHUSEEK, AND SCWF
                            It still amazes me that people have remembered me from that one off deal and sent messages of concern when the news broke.
                            It goes to show that we in the WIS community are a close bunch and when the Sh*t hits the fan all past grievances are quickly put aside.
                            To all those who sent us text messages we thank you from the bottom of or hearts ,
                            If we have failed to reply we apologize , but there we so many we lost track of who we had replied to , ops: ops:
                            The incoming emails and PM's and messages of support on the forum have been great and appreciated ,
                            They have had a soothing effect on my wife and helped her through this event knowing that others really do care.
                            So before I start getting to soppy and ruin my image
                            Thank you to all from my family
                            Peter Alita and Family

Comment

Too late Pal your sprung. We thought you were like us ,an up to the minute young thruster ready willing and able to handle what life throws up untill something that really matters happens .
                              To you Pete and all you other Cantabs we're thinking of you and there by the grace of God go I ..we see it on the news and think of you and what it must be like in that situation . I hope I can speak for all TKNZ members and from the rest of the country when I say thank God your OK our heart felt condolences to those of you missing loved ones. Our thoughts are with you and the mammoth task in front of you cheers mate Tony
                              I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Working...
                              X