• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAYWOF 04.03.11

Love that Zodiac ,
    Yellow looks great and a nice clean dial for a Chrono
    Just like the Seiko's 8-)

A Ruskie for me today with a good ole 3133 currently running at +3 secs a day
    Not bad for a watch BINB
    Normally I don't wear this kind because they are only 38mm cases w/o crown , But this one comes in at 40mm w/o crown
    so I nabbed it , Plus I made a cheeky lowball offer on it and he accepted. :D :D :D
    Even came with official Russian warranty papers though I doubt they any good for a claim .

Attached files

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Wonderful new Russian Pete!!! A proud product of the old 1st MWF, made just across the hallway from my Sturmy and Aviator.

Can I now begin pestering you in monster Brazilian dive watch aspirational fashion???

Comment

mmmm Maybe.
      Give me a chance to try an bond with it first.
      Gonna try one of Harlans Zulus on it first ,
      If I can't bond , I'll call you first ,
      But I don't like your chances as the Size suits my wrist

Then again the way my watches rotate in an out of my collection , :roll: :roll:
      Never say Never , Pestering got me Tony's Brazilian

Wonderful new Russian Pete!!! A proud product of the old 1st MWF, made just across the hallway from my Sturmy and Aviator.

Can I now begin pestering you in monster Brazilian dive watch aspirational fashion???
      Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Wow - we all love to chop and change but I'm sticking with Seiko... do any of you know what this one is?

Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

One word Harlan, WOW - you sure do love to push the envelope !
            [br]
          1. \"Luck is merely preparation meeting an opportunity\"
          2. [br]

[br]
            [br]
          1. My WAYWOF photo archive
          2. [br]

Comment

50th anniversary limited edition Orient M-Force World Time LE.. Coming up to four weeks straight..

Cheers
            Tony Lewis
            New Zealand

Comment

Wow - we all love to chop and change but I'm sticking with Seiko... do any of you know what this one is?

Wish I still had mine to show off :cry:

Here's what I wrote about it (or rather, wrote to make it go away )

The SEIKO Ultimate Kinetic Chronograph 9T82 combines the reliability and high accuracy of Kinetic technology with the traditional attributes of the mechanical chronograph. Powered by the Seiko Cal. 9T82 introduced in 1998, the series still remains until this day at the very top of the Kinetic line. Featuring 4 sub-dials with 7 indicating hands, the 38 jewel movement is made up of 350 separate components, and is fully hand-assembled in Japan. The Cal. 9T82 uses a heart piece or cam that is switched between three positions during start, stop and reset functions to maximize reset responsiveness. The movement was specifically engineered to retain the precise feel of the coordination mechanism, reminiscent of the crisp pusher action of the legendary 6139/8. 38 jewels ensure smooth movement of the hands and instantaneous date change.

An elaborate and sophisticated line of Kinetic Chronograph, no more than 2,500 of each 9T82 model has been produced. Indeed, this very same movement equips the current SLQ025J1 which retails at over US$5,200.
              On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Haven't got a wrist shot - but wearing my Dievas Aqualuna... my favorite for a while now, and no signs of that changing...

that Seiko is wonderful Harlan, just not sure my eyes could handle dials that size any more!

Attached files

Comment

Hi

I haven't made any posts for a while but today I am wearing the Marathon GSAR for daytime and tonight I will be wearing the OrientStar Limited Edition' Camera"

Attached files

Comment

Over a month now with the same watch, so this afternoon I have changed to the Orient World Heritage LE..

Cheers
                    Tony Lewis
                    New Zealand

Comment

I am having an Orient Friday too

Attached files

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

As usual, I come in with the oldest most beaten up watch of the bunch. My 1940s Cortebert. ops: Although lacking in looks, I feel it more than makes up when I think of where it's been. Like the time it spent with a Vet friend of mine and he almost lost it in a cow He did tell me however that mother and baby were doing fine :D

Attached files

Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

I hate to wear the same watch for 3 Fridays in a row - but I love this Seiko too much to take it off!

[br]
                          1. \"Luck is merely preparation meeting an opportunity\"
                          2. [br]

[br]
                            [br]
                          1. My WAYWOF photo archive
                          2. [br]

Comment

I hate to wear the same watch for 3 Fridays in a row - but I love this Seiko too much to take it off!

Not surprised about that.. Seiko Italian 7T32 Chrono and a nmae like Romeo..
                            Tony Lewis
                            New Zealand

Comment

Bit late.....

This is a pic of my two favoriate german Automatics. One loses several seconds a day. AND I have never known the other one to ever lose time at all. Infact when I am in it - time seems to speed up!

Give sarcasm a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X