Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch sizing in Wellington - $25 reasonable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch sizing in Wellington - $25 reasonable?

Can someone kindly recommend a place to go about sizing watches in Wellington CBD?

I got a new watch today but the bracelet adjustment tool is still on its way here (bought it from Aliexpress). I asked around locally and prices for sizing falls in somewhere between $20-25. Is this normal or I didn't find the right shop for a more reasonable price?

I will shout a coffee if someone in Wellington CBD have the tool I can borrow tomorrow (even better if you can show a rookie how to use it properly).

By the way, the watch I just got is a SEIKO SARB033.

Attached files

Nice watch. 20 to $25 sounds about right.
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Thanks for the compliment, Steve. It's my first automatic watch and I really enjoy the finish and details of it. To me, it's worthy the price.

Comment

I wonder if Jake (jakem) is about? He probably has tools and lives nearish to the CBD..
        Tony Lewis
        New Zealand

Comment

Nice watch, RayRay, congrats...
          Sorry Im out of town till next Thurs.
          Id probably visit Pacific Jewellers down Lambton Quay. They are lightyears ahead of Capital Watch Services when it comes to communicating with earthlings (I think CWS staff come from some other strange planet) and its near Partridges so you can stop off for a watch-perv while you are there!
          Or you can buy a cheap pin press off TM for prob about 10 bucks and experience the thrills and spills of Seiko bracelet resizing for yourself (its rather easy, to be honest, so nothing to worry about there - just keep an eye on those little collars).
          Or message me in a week !
          Good luck and enjoy your nice new watch !
          My karma ran over your dogma

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, Jakem. Much appreciated. Will try Pacific Jewellers today and see how we go.

Comment

A quick update on my story.

Thanks to Jakem, I checked with two branches of Pacific Jewellers in Wellington. I can confirm that they are indeed more earthling-friendly and do speak the language I can understand. Their branch on Lambton Quay quoted me: $15-25 depending on the hours; while the one in Johnsonville mall reckon it would be $15 straight.

The one I chose? DIY with "paper clip" and this is how it looks on my 7" wrist:

Note to myself, I really need to pay attention to those little collars ... thanks to Jakem again for the heads-up.

Attached files

Comment

Was there a collar of one end or in the middle? If on the end, when you refitted pin and collar did you push in from both sides? They can come adrift if not properly pushed together..
                Tony Lewis
                New Zealand

Comment

Luckily they are the "middle" ones which in my opinion, it's easier than those end-collars.

Photo courtesy of ustasmallblog.wordpress.com

Comment

Luckily they are the "middle" ones which in my opinion, it's easier than those end-collars.

Photo courtesy of ustasmallblog.wordpress.com

Excellent..
                    Tony Lewis
                    New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                    X