X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, lepo76 Now you know that the "Incaflex" and "Dynawind" are on the dial because they were the showcase technology and pride of Wyler. During the mid-20th Century, most Swiss brands had their collection of waterproof gents and sports watches, and they gave these names that originally just meant "waterproof", but later came to be the actual names of the line of watches. The word "Seamaster" started out this way, as did the Lifeguard's competitors at the time--Rado "Horse" range, Eterna "Kontiki", Mido "Ocean Star", Tissot "Seastar", and Enicar "Seapearl".

Hammers, my Lifeguard ITB 660 was sold on TradeMe later that year, and the buyer picked up from me at work, in Auckland. He may have since moved to Tauranga, according to his TM account. The movement was serviced in 2014, so am hoping that he is still enjoying the watch.

• lepo76
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you guys for the nice comments
    Don your knowledge newer cease to amaze me... I've just read your post about Wyler Vetta and it is so well written!

• Hammers
    commented on 's reply
    Don - where is that Wyler LifeGuard now. Lovely piece, stunning condition and I remember reading your article back in 2014!!!!

• Hammers
    commented on 's reply
    Nice piece. Reminds me of early King Seiko, simple but sharp lines, elegant and so easy to read. Thanks for sharing.

• Artemis12
    commented on 's reply
    What A fantastic treasure lepo76 with perfect timing I'm looking forward to seeing your Italian friend on a regular basis. Have a fantastic Christmas

• Don
    commented on 's reply
    +1 to what Harlan and Tempus commented. A very Italian timepiece, too

I am drawn to watches built on the philosophy of high resistance to the elements, and Wyler was one of them--they were certainly obsessed with this aspect of watchmaking. The old Wyler Vetta was the Italian market-only Wyler, but subsequently purchased all of Wyler, and became the Wyler Vetta of today. However, few people have heard of Wyler outside of Italy, or even in the US, where a large proportion of vintage Wyler usually turns up nowadays. There are Wyler collectors out there, though, who comb the market for the older models like yours, which I'm quite sure is early- to mid-1970s, as you've said.

The movement could be a Wyler ETA 2789, a heavily modified version of the 2789. If it were manufactured today, such calibers would be marketed as being in-house. Myself, I've owned a couple of vintage Wyler Life-Guards, and you can find more info on the brand's history here... https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...iver-200m-1970
    Last edited by Don; 23-12-20, 17:43.

• Tempus
    commented on 's reply
    So good to see it in such great condition and especially important that it has family history. Enjoy wearing it.

• lepo76
    commented on 's reply
    definitely unusual but it brings back good memories

• harlansmart
    commented on 's reply
    gee that's pretty unusual eh, nice one especially being Dad's n all etc

• lepo76
    replied
    This one used to be my father's watch. It's a Wyler Vetta from the seventies ( I believe ). I've just got it back from servicing it ... just on time for Christmas

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-9263.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	64382 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-9264.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	64383
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-9265.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	64384 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-9267.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	64385

Leave a comment:

• Artemis12
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely exciting finding something no one's seen for awhile

• cyma
    commented on 's reply
    Only rare ones.

• Artemis12
    commented on 's reply
    Looking sweet, Hammers

• Artemis12
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, looks like we have another casioholic just awesome seeing more of your collection Cyma

• Artemis12
    commented on 's reply
    Very slick indeed lepo76
Working...
X