Samantha

Via Nokia 3210 + TapaTalk Premium
    Image Sized Medium
    1024 x 768 Pixels
    Last edited by rolex; 12-09-19, 16:23.

Comment

• Hi @Rolex

It's me from your TM listing!

Yes, I did recently sell my MM. Lovely watch - although I wish they'd just charge another $500 and regulate them better.

Since I got my Springdrive Snowflake I have developed the beginnings of very expensive Grand Seiko habit I fear.

I see the handle scales on the CIvilian are quite different to the current version; if you want to find that a new home I could be tempted!

Comment

• Wow. This thing is awesome!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

• When it rains it pours....another courier at the door. This was the watch that made me not a "one watch guy" had to rebuy it when I heard it was discontinued(perhaps for real this time).

Comment

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            Must be so painful, having to keep answering the doorbell... opening all those packages must be horrible, feel for you.

• Sarbie
            Sarbie commented
            Editing a comment
            its the kind of rain we like

• deerworrier
            deerworrier commented
            Editing a comment
            i have the very same tucked away in the "try to forget drawer 'draw' for the TM crowd.

• Originally posted by Sarbie View Post
          Wow. This thing is awesome!

What black magic trickery is this!!
          If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• Bergeon 7825 springbar pliers. I've had them in the back of my mind a long time now. When the wife's fathers day surprise fell though (kids too young to give me beer) I topped up the prezzie cash allotment and ordered it.

Comment

• Worth $200? The bracelet has never been off my Speedie - remember also how much heavier mine is? Terrified of munting the lugs only time I tried so it's stayed put, even though I'd love to try it on a couple of strappy options.

New Christopher Ward (if the bugger ever turns up) has got those funky newfangled quick release bracelet levers, so that'll be a strap monster for sure.

Comment

• The price is the reason I've held off for so long. I've bought a cheaper one that I was never comfortable using. I did the same research and nearly bought another alternative until I realised if that was no good I would be out over half the price of the best tool for the job.

If you want to get the bracelet off your speedy for a bit you can come over and give it a try.

It was a snap as was the BB58. Easy to compress the springbar in the end link too for putting the bracelet back on.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_104.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	52507
                  “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                  Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• rolex
                    rolex commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool backdrop... what is that ?

• my very unPC & socially irresponsible Backy tin
                  Cptn S may recognise the image or possibly a little after his time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190914_170910.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.9 KB ID:	52518

a habit i have never let fully go! 1 in the morning and 1 at night.
                  “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                  Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• harlansmart
                    harlansmart commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sweet.... yeah my 1st thought looking on a little hone screen was a mouse pad... then I looked again on a computer & became unsure. Bi-daily won't do much harm mate!

• Originally posted by Sarbie View Post
                  The price is the reason I've held off for so long. I've bought a cheaper one that I was never comfortable using. I did the same research and nearly bought another alternative until I realised if that was no good I would be out over half the price of the best tool for the job.

If you want to get the bracelet off your speedy for a bit you can come over and give it a try.

It was a snap as was the BB58. Easy to compress the springbar in the end link too for putting the bracelet back on.

Will take you up on that - need to order a decent 19mm strap for it.

Comment

• Quick Release Springbars are actually an awesome thing, pity systems like that are not more prevalent... makes you wince when you see what people do to the backs of their lugs and end pieces... have watched watchmakers in AD's and 'sales staffers' fully munt brand new lugs and bracelet EP's on 20k watches... anything that takes away fiddli'ness is

Originally posted by sjb View Post
                    New Christopher Ward (if the bugger ever turns up) has got those funky newfangled quick release bracelet levers, so that'll be a strap monster for sure.
                    Harlan
                    Timekeeper Watch Club
                    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Our SEIKO SBDA005J1
                      Samurai Ti - Generation One
                      Green hued double bubble saphir

Comment

• Originally posted by harlansmart View Post
                        Quick Release Springbars are actually an awesome thing, pity systems like that are not more prevalent... makes you wince when you see what people do to the backs of their lugs and end pieces... have watched watchmakers in AD's and 'sales staffers' fully munt brand new lugs and bracelet EP's on 20k watches... anything that takes away fiddli'ness is
                        They are indeed. I've got 3 good quality leather straps with quick release pins - a few seconds for a strap change and no scratches on the lugs. Really dont know why they dont come as standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by harlansmart View Post
                          Quick Release Springbars are actually an awesome thing, pity systems like that are not more prevalent... makes you wince when you see what people do to the backs of their lugs and end pieces... have watched watchmakers in AD's and 'sales staffers' fully munt brand new lugs and bracelet EP's on 20k watches... anything that takes away fiddli'ness is
                          Totally with you guys on that!
                          The strap on the BB58 is from Martu and even she/it has quick release springbars.

My g shock has quick release too but it's a new model. Really it's the bracelets that need something sorted the most I think.

Today I've got the Rubber on the Pelagos and really enjoying it.

Comment

Working...
                          X