Clear All

• Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20191008_080703.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	53211
      “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
      Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• Shooting today at POAL. Would have got a decent photo on site, but the amount of times I've taken a wrist shot on site in front of a client and they've been like "wtf...?"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191008_130725.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	53213

Comment

• Sarbie
          Sarbie commented
          Editing a comment
          Your clients sound the same as my wife and kids :/

• Tknz tuna today while I contemplate wether I should have the vintage pocket Chrono restored or not.
        Stuffed balance.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

• Morning all. Weather is getting interesting/better. Click image for larger version

Name:	15705605406072910525663507637007.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	53218
          I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

Comment

• It's a chrono roll this morning

Name:	Speedie.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	53221
              If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• Originally posted by sjb View Post
                Hey chaps! Thanks for all your comments re: the busted new CW. Just to be clear to anyone who might be reading these here threads, CW have been great so far. I asked could I return just the head so that I could massively reduce the size of the packaging (and save sending back/forth an already sized bracelet). I imagine they'll just send me a new watch rather than fix. The main bug bear for me is that the whole purchase with this one was so protracted, with a lost order, a 3 month wait, and NZPost losing the parcel and then sending it unsigned for to some random PO Box. So a difficult purchase compounded by a faulty product. However, I did use a £100 off voucher and CW gave me a further 15% off ($168) for good will and to apologise for messing up the order, so not a total disaster. Sometimes these things just can't seem to be helped.
                And so, the never-ending saga of this cursed watch continues. I re-packaged the head without the bracelet to avoid having to send the huge box back to the UK - secured in a hard, flat case and padded bag - weighing in at just under 200g. Arranged shipping with DHL - $142.20 - which CWard said was fine, and they will refund when they receive. DHL chappie picks up the package on Monday morning. On Tuesday afternoon I received this:

Name:	DHL.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	53223

The WTF!!! was added by me (not DHL).

Luckily, I was sat at my desk trying to figure out how to download a receipt for the postage to CWard when the charge arrived and I managed to put a stop on it before it left. Multiple calls to DHL and this morning they've admitted their mistake and refunded. However, they've now told me I have to fill in an importer/exporter declaration and wait for 48 hours. And thus, I am so over this have told them to leave it and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow from the depot by the airport. Will ask CWard for a new stem/crown assembly and take it to PWC. I'll even write them a nice letter and indemnify them of their 5-year warranty.

And then the bloody thing is going on TradeMe.

Comment

• Sarbie
                  Sarbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  kinda wish there was a thumbs down button...what a cluster truck for you

• harlansmart
                  harlansmart commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have you shown CWard this thread?

Completely ridiculous, agreed, should not happen like this

• sjb
                  sjb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CWard aware I'm not sending back but not too happy to supply a new crown methinks. Still waiting to hear. Seems odd if they're not prepared to issue spare parts. Replacement stem is a buck, but the crown is custom with their little flag logo. DHL still haven't processed the refund but I got the watch back this morning.

• Sydney Airport-

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post

Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk
                  Such a cool looking watch. Wish it had sat on my wrist ok.

Comment

• harlansmart
                    harlansmart commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is cool looking Leroy, indeed

+1

• Hate it when this happens, one minute it’s there, next the lume pip is gone... only ever happened on two watches, an Omega and a Sinn... serves me right for babying them!

Comment

• sjb
                    sjb commented
                    Editing a comment

• harlansmart
                    harlansmart commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Like sjb suggested or, apply some luminous material... let it dry fully then coat it (fill the hole) in superglue/araldite, you will get a pretty decent lume pip.
                    ==============
                    R.I.P. Herr SINN

Born 1916 - Died 2018

WWII Fighter Pilot Ace, Race Car Driver, Icon Watchmaker, Legend & Innovator.

• Originally posted by Sarbie View Post
                  Anyone feeling a pull towards Quartz in the force lately?
                  Haven't worn this one for a while, and it hardly got a run out anyway. Really nice leather strap, super legible, almost invisible AR coating, ticker hits every mark dead on. New battery installed ready for selling, but think I'll keep it.

Name:	VSA.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	53232

Comment

• Bit of matchy-matchy going on here. Unintentional. Just put the citizen on and then realized. Click image for larger version

Name:	15706668448092406600291275748368.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	53236 Click image for larger version

Name:	15706669423356117681102427176479.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	53237
                    I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

• Comment

• harlansmart
                        harlansmart commented
                        Editing a comment
                        very cool Leroy, very cool... love those massive chunky rotating rings!

Comment

Working...
                      X