No announcement yet.

Daily Chat & Wrist Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot recall when I got this, all I know is that its a Russian cosmonaut. So if anyone knows about it.

Comment

• Hammers
      Hammers commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome Geddy1.
      What else do you have in your watch box?

• Originally posted by Geddy1 View Post
    Cannot recall when I got this, all I know is that its a Russian cosmonaut. So if anyone knows about it.

TKNZ is definitely the right place to come in New Zealand for all things Russian watch. The piece is a Vostok Amphibia Type 470 from possibly early-1990s. The movement is an in-house Vostok Manual-Wind Cal 2409, and here is an image scan from a Vostok vintage catalog ca. 1990, courtesy of schnurrp at watchuseek. Amphibia typically come in a wide variety of dials, so different combinations are possible.

To learn more about Vostok Amphibia, you can start here... https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...urist-movement ...After that, you can use the Search box on the upper right-hand corner of the page, type in "Vostok", and click search. You'll find plenty of references, and I'd say, within a good half hour, you would know as much as we all collectively do about Amphibia Have fun!
    On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• TV Dial for a change.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200318_192647.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	56999
      'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• I actually don’t mind this one. Simple, classic, dress watch styling.

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          No reason to mind it, Leroy ...I didn't have any knowledge about Tangin, so since your first post of the watch, I did some research--not a lot of information on them in English, due to their primary target market the massive Chinese market. Tangin is one of those brands that are Chinese-owned but operates from Switzerland, i.e. final assembly of imported parts is done in Switzerland, not unlike most Swiss brands actually. I couldn't find your specific model, but the movement could be ETA, Ronda, TMI (Seiko), or Citizen Miyota.

From their market positioning, I would expect the watches to be good quality, well-built with good QC, to compete with established Chinese brands like Shanghai Watch and Fiyta. All this while still having to offer clear value-for-money compared to other Swiss and Japanese imports. I wouldn't be surprised if the fit & finish is on par with the likes of Christopher Ward and boutique brands like CWC, Precista, or Benarus. Would love to read a review of it one day, your thoughts on different aspects compared to what you've owned.

• LeroyC
          LeroyC commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Don. Yes you're right, it has a Ronda quartz movement inside. It looks like this exact model has been discontinued, but there is an automatic relative still available - model T7035. The price on the website for that model is $653, but it doesn't say what currency that's in. The next time I post a pic of this watch I'll make sure to include a little review of it. Cheers.

• Bit of fresh air down in Welly with the Omegamatic.

Name:	IMG_20200321_152124.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	57056
        'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice shot... really brings out the unique character of the Seamaster.

• jakem
          jakem commented
          Editing a comment
          Really like the look of that !

• Click image for larger version

Name:	CE1774A3-3A13-4980-86F8-3802F2622DD3.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	57064 Meaty enough to stave off the virus for sure
        Actively seeking Tuna of all shapes and sizes...to hunt your pride of lions...

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          One the best Seiko divers for the real world, and yes, very meaty case, beautifully executed. Personally find the Sumo more comfortable than any other 45mm watch, and imagine this is how the old 6309-7040 Cushion case would feel on a bracelet.

• Thought we'd try the Hummer today, forgot how clean a look this has.

Name:	IMG_20200322_111403.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	57068

Comment

• kiwi.bloke
          kiwi.bloke commented
          Editing a comment
          Love this one. Must get one sometime.

• Working from home is dull, so might be a few changes today. First cab off the rank:

Name:	Eco_D.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	57078
        If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• Morning all.

Name:	IMG_20200325_081823.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	57102

Comment

• Counting down to the lockdown tonight with some whisky and 'coke'

Name:	IMG_0411~6.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	57110

Stay healthy everyone.

Comment

• From yesterday (I think)....

Name:	IMG_20200327_080858.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	57145

Comment

• Teal Seiko Jumbo. Eulit Blue Perlon. Seiko buckle.

Name:	1DDB7940-AD25-4612-ABEC-8C21EE0ACED4.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	57159

Name:	5DBD13D4-B30D-4090-B042-14D8F0CF2B18.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	57160

Comment

• Hi guys....hope everyone is coping ok with the lockdown.
                  Have turned my studio/music room into my wife's office and have the young children everyday to myself...yay?! it's more peaceful and calm outside than in.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

• Beautiful morning and only a 6m commute from lounge to study....

Name:	IMG_20200330_082643.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	57172

Comment

• Sunburst Blue Halios Bronze Seaforth. Eulit Blue Perlon. Halios bonze buckle.

Name:	4292D299-0EB2-40C9-994B-2DE13F6FB2EF.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	57175

Name:	A51DB171-4DDC-4ADF-AFC2-191EB625B079.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	57174

Comment

Working...