No announcement yet.

Daily Chat & Wrist Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling brighter this morning. Perhaps it’s the cheering effect of an orange diver.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1D70FFA1-F316-46F2-A45C-EBF790ED6116.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	58001

Comment

• Thats a IsoFrane for sure, there are some that look and feel very very similar (no bad thing) but those are legit.

Nice setup.

Originally posted by Artemis12 View Post
    Hi Harlan, I'm not 100% sure as it came with the "hockey puck" I've added a pic for confirmation, your thoughts are welcome

Click image for larger version Name:	20200503_101606.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	57995
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet, that's good to know

• Best lume in the business, SEIKO

SBDB001 5R66
    GMT 600M

Sent via TapaTalk Ultra Premium + NOKIA 3210
    Images Sized Medium
    1024 x 768 Pixels

Comment

• Blue Vader, with Shrek in the background....

Name:	IMG_20200503_153511.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	58008
      'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Another quiet afternoon at the depot. Enjoyed the warm weather today - it got up to 25deg here in Christchurch. We’re gonna feel it when the southerly blows through tomorrow night and it’s only 10deg on Tuesday. Ah well, that’s the way it goes.

Comment

• retlaw4
          retlaw4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Love those case lines - you've captured them here just perfectly!

• back on with mudmaster, with a little surprise in the background

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200504_100807.jpg Views:	10 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	58014

Comment

• Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by harlansmart; 04-05-20, 14:08. Reason: Boo hoo I tried to have a look/help but I just don't have the skills to read into a mind so great unfortunately :(

Comment

• revisiting a few lesser worn this week...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20200504_112600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.7 KB ID:	58018
          Last edited by deerworrier; 04-05-20, 11:31.
          “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
          Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah it's always a good idea that, otherwise ownership can become questionable

• I think I’m the only person that doesn’t like the the Z22 rubber!

Swapped it out for a NATO, but still struggling to find a strap that I like with this one.

Comment

• kiwi.bloke
            kiwi.bloke commented
            Editing a comment
            Eulit. Rocks.

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            Grey Zulu, make it POP a bit ?

• Hammers
            Hammers commented
            Editing a comment
            Nah you are not alone, I don't like the z22

• Originally posted by Brucy View Post
          I think I’m the only person that doesn’t like the the Z22 rubber!

Swapped it out for a NATO, but still struggling to find a strap that I like with this one.

The key with the Z Seiko straps is to pre-shape them. Even then it can take a few goes and I far prefer the FV to the CV that usually comes standard.

Comment

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            Good advice LeroyC, the FV's are less grunt too, they have less stretch in them, and are easier to pre-bend on the stove top.

• I braved the supermarket again today. When going out into the zombie apocalypse it pays to wear suitable wrist armour to allow you can beat away the zombie hoards if needed.

Name:	093d0db4776f9c7eb3800524231465d8.plist.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	58049

Name:	61b38f87301a5ca84b9499594198d2ad.plist.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	58050

Comment

• Ventured out today for an appointment.
            Only titanium monocoque will do.

Name:	12407945-42C8-48D8-95AC-2620233EB71D.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	58041

Comment

• Artemis12
              Artemis12 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was wondering if this was a carbon print over leather?? Casio do a similar strap for the 504 over leather. Looks cool!!

• Tempus
              Tempus commented
              Editing a comment
              Strap came a forum member in Dunedin. It’s leather backed.
              He supplies excellent straps.

• Don
              Don commented
              Editing a comment
              Titanium Duratec monocoque with the same movement as the Eco-Zilla, the PMX56-2811 is a rare discontinued JDM Marine series. You can think of it as the ISO-diver version of the Citizen "Ray Mears".

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20200505_081243.jpg Views:	3 Size:	31.8 KB ID:	58047

out for a qick stroll.

Comment

• Triple date bumper automatic. Possibly the only one we are going to see here today.

Name:	AA3820D7-DA70-40FA-95D3-652B3000140E.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	58056

Comment

• Don
                Don commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice, Tempus. The internals are very well preserved indeed--no moisture damage on the dial nor hands, despite all those case orifices.

• A pandemic purchase arrived this morning, a Daini Seiko 7005-7030 from 1970. I found it really interesting how similar the dial and case design are to the SARB033 that I have, these two definitely have some DNA in common. Nice to think this one might have played a part in the cream-dialled SARB035's creation 35 years down the line:

G

Comment

• Don
                Don commented
                Editing a comment
                That is a beautiful piece, Gauss. Congratulations! ...I can confirm the DNA match, yes, and more than skin deep too. Daini Seikosha was the Seiko division that we know today as the watch manufacturer Seiko (Seiko Instruments Inc.).

As I’ve mentioned before on other threads, the SARB033 was a re-designation of the 6R15 “Spirit” SCVS003. The entire Spirit collection was, exactly as the name implies, a rekindle of older Seiko gents watch spirit, so the SCVS003’s (and thus SARB033’s) creation was more than just influenced by watches like your 7005. IMO, the 7005 played more than just a part—it was “the part” that the original Spirit range tried to capture.

The movement inside—the Seiko Cal. 7005 introduced just a year prior to your watch being made—is the base calibre of the entire 7000 Series. While the movement designation “70xx” existed only until 1995, the series did not end, but became the recently discontinued 7S family (7S25, 7S26, 7S36), a re-designed upgrade of which is the Cal. 6R15 in your SARB033. The 7000 Series lives on today as the 4R and 6R Series, and the Cal. 7005 was the singular spark that ignited them all, way back in 1969. Seiko 7005 should really be nicknamed the Seiko “Adam”
                Last edited by Don; 05-05-20, 16:35.

• Gauss
                Gauss commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for your knowledge Don, I knew of the Spirit/SARB relationship but not of that between the 7000 series and the Spirit series itself. It makes a lot of sense when I think about it after reading your comment. It's great to learn that the 7005 started so much of what Seiko does today, and we can still enjoy the legacy of Suwa through a lot of what Orient does with their movements as well!
            Working...
            X