No announcement yet.

Daily Chat & Wrist Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orca on the wrist today, only just noticed the promaster mark today for the first time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200511_084431.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.6 KB ID:	58265

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      Eco-Drive s generally really hassle free, and the Orca is also pretty cool looking if you ask me (I know no one has)

The hands are choice, and the crescent markers, that match the bezel all make it a bit unusual.

Is it sapphire, is it domed, what color is the AR if it has AR ?

Proprietary strap system eh ?

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment

I was eXcited to see such an inconspicuous logo

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Super slick dome crystal, unfortunately just plain old Mineral glass

• Hmmm,

Don asked what color the AR was on this AutoZilla, looking into that I discover the indicators & display have blue lume while the rotating ring reference plot is filled in green lume.

Lightly domed sapphire is 5-6mm thick and has a bluey/purpley AR coating w/a very small circular etching, near the sapphires visible edge, at 52m 30s exactly, a perfect round circle, about 0.2mm in diameter, only saw it with a 10x loupe while I was looking at the finish & install etc etc on the hands which isn't quite GS levels but it's not bad though for a unit that retailed at the original price point the AutoZilla did... again like the etching you need a loupe to view this 'not quite perfect Grand Seiko level finish'..... looking more, I wonder if the AR coating is on the outside, and the tiny circle is part of the manufacturing process, I cannot tell.

Mine came with some scratches in the dark finish on the release lever, might brush it as I think it will look cooler brushed anyway, the watch will look bigger and more round without the dark coloured lever sitting next to it... wonder if it's stainless or titanium.

Mods, nomnomnomnomnom

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6772.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	58275
    Last edited by rolex; 11-05-20, 22:51.

Comment

• LeroyC
      LeroyC commented
      Editing a comment
      From memory my Ecozilla was the same H with the mismatched lume.

• Another stunner of a morning here. Have a good day all.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200512_075634.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	58281

​​​​​​​
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Lovely morning to be up and about early.

Name:	FF1D0307-0EFB-4B11-937B-842E3463F3BE.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	58283

Comment

• Definitely is another nice day

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200512_082931.jpg Views:	18 Size:	33.7 KB ID:	58285

Comment

• It is, and, I just learned something... if you click on the likes/unlikes (the number in the box) then it tells you who has been hating on you!!

Originally posted by Artemis12 View Post
          Definitely is another nice day

Name:	Messages Image(1311247235).png
Views:	71
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	58295

Harlan
          Timekeeper Watch Club
          New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Artemis12
            Artemis12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol, the only thing I get by clicking on the box is "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think anyone ever intentionally Likes my post... but I think some accidentally touch that while scrolling through the page :/

• I decided it’s time to re-learn guitar. Why not?

Comment

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            That's wonderful to hear, Leroy ...another activity you don't need to take your watch off for--except people who wear it on the "wrong" wrist.

Our elderly-couple next door neighbour passes each day, oblivious to the blessing that I don't re-learn violin.

• Long wait for the OEM Ti bracelet on order.

Name:	A314010F-BC0A-46FF-AFA7-05F6559BB96D.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	58299

Comment

• Hammers
            Hammers commented
            Editing a comment
            Jee wiz what is that 3-4 months since ordering?

• kiwi.bloke
            kiwi.bloke commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup. I don’t even think the boutiques are open so I figure it’ll be in the warehouse or regional stocks. I’m fairly sure they would be a stock item, just held in HK or Switzerland. Who knows, no one to even ask.

• Originally posted by rolex View Post
          Hmmm,

Don asked what color the AR was on this AutoZilla, looking into that I discover the indicators & display have blue lume while the rotating ring reference plot is filled in green lume.

Lightly domed sapphire is 5-6mm thick and has a bluey/purpley AR coating w/a very small circular etching, near the sapphires visible edge, at 52m 30s exactly, a perfect round circle, about 0.2mm in diameter, only saw it with a 10x loupe while I was looking at the finish & install etc etc on the hands which isn't quite GS levels but it's not bad though for a unit that retailed at the original price point the AutoZilla did... again like the etching you need a loupe to view this 'not quite perfect Grand Seiko level finish'..... looking more, I wonder if the AR coating is on the outside, and the tiny circle is part of the manufacturing process, I cannot tell.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6772.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	58275
          Beaut! Harlan. You should definitely do a full review in the Reference sub-forum… Yes the Auto-Zilla has existed for two decades, but nearly all of the reviews that I find are boring in-depth type Sooo... yesteryear!

Maybe we need to borrow from the Marvel/DC “universe” approach to things? That is, not solely focused on one watch, but how it fits into the story of the Japanese Diver Universe. I’d like to read your views on that, especially after the above quality comparison with GS (wow!). Now, what about this Zilla’s true nemesis, the Seiko MarineMaster 1000m SBBN013 “Darth Tuna”?

The reason I was asking about the colour of the AR coating was that, despite the Auto-Zilla’s fame and reasonable documentation, the enthusiast community still lacks many pieces of information—still holes that are inclusive. Most people understand that there is just one Automatic Zilla, but there was actually a few variants, and this has not been properly documented… Your AR coating is blue-purple?

Your Day wheel… what is the alternate language besides English? (You can tell me tomorrow, as it’s in the “Danger Zone” right now)

Artemis12…if you are seeing this.. What about your Auto-Zilla? Day wheel language and colour of AR coating, if you could, please?

Any other Auto-Zilla on board?
          On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• Artemis12
            Artemis12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Don, add a few photos for good measure too

• ​ English/Arabic and Ar coatings greenish I think??

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200512_213440.jpg Views:	5 Size:	62.9 KB ID:	58311 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for that, Artemis12. I know that there were Arabic version, but not common, and this is the first time for me to see one... Would you happen to know, for certain (from say, original warranty/hangtag/box), what the full model number is for yours? That is, NH6930-???

• Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk

Comment

• all original seiko 5 including the bracelet

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200513_082801.jpg Views:	6 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	58318

Comment

• harlansmart
              harlansmart commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool bracelet !

• Artemis12
              Artemis12 commented
              Editing a comment
              Its definitely a cool bracelet, unfortunately one of the small center link covers is missing☹

• Bit of G-Shock bling today.

Name:	EEE8CDA2-A2EE-4FE7-B83C-564AC0A64772.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	58321

Comment

• CITIZEN Auto-Zilla 1000m today:

MIYOTA
              8203-T011161 TA
              Serial: 1D1000021
              Bluey/Purpley AR Coat
              Hang Tag: NH6930-09F
              Arabic/English Day Wheel
              Warranty Card Dated: Oct 2014

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6837.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	152.7 KB ID:	58325
              Harlan
              Timekeeper Watch Club
              New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Don
                Don commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for that, Harlan!

• Originally posted by kiwi.bloke View Post
              Bit of G-Shock bling today.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EEE8CDA2-A2EE-4FE7-B83C-564AC0A64772.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	58321
              Synced via Bluetooth. 3 minutes out over 6 odd months. Changed a few settings via the app. Quite fun.

Name:	AEA4301B-CFCA-4D7B-8AEE-6C5295944D42.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	58329

Comment

• harlansmart
                harlansmart commented
                Editing a comment
                Can you have it so it sync's to the phone app daily ?

• kiwi.bloke
                kiwi.bloke commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup, believe so. Of course I only get it out every few months so not surprising it got a tad out of whack.
            Working...
            X