• Show
Clear All

• Back to the office full time today. Been away a bit, wearing this one a lot

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChrWard.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	59164
    If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• Two of my favorites

Name:	20200610_181257.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	59166

Comment

• Earlier today

Name:	IMG_20200610_121854.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	59168
        'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Traffic's almost back to normal!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200611_074910.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.0 KB ID:	59172

Comment

• For the first time since I bought it this watch went flat and needed charging a couple of weeks ago. It was may daily work watch for so many years that it never went flat, even over a couple of weeks of not being used when on holiday. I don’t wear it as much now that I’m mostly behind a desk, but I thought I might get the bracelet tidied up a bit and put it back on that and I’ll be inclined to wear it a bit more. For now it’s on the Seiko silicone dive strap and spending a little bit of time out of the box to charge it up, both on the wrist and on the bench.

Comment

• Don
              Don commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, solar. My partner and I store our watches in the safe, except for our Eco-Drives, which sit on shelves etc. where they will get some ambient light but not direct sunlight. A good idea, I think, to maintain them at at least 20% charge for longevity of their ESU.

• Artemis12
              Artemis12 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, that has a totally awesome solar dial!! The waves are fantastic.
              Last edited by Artemis12; 14-06-20, 22:06.

• LeroyC
              LeroyC commented
              Editing a comment
              normally stored in my watch box that has a clear top, but I've had it in the lower left corner which probably receives the least ambient light at this time of year. I'll leave it out for a week or so to give it a good charge then try putting it back in the box in a different position and see how it goes. It didn't stop running last winter and I was already not wearing it as much so it may have changed position in the watch box since then.

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Sqaule(1).jpg
Views:	73
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	59183
            If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• turns out, ORANGE man good

Name:	20200611_183808.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	59192
              “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
              Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• Don
                Don commented
                Editing a comment
                When you commented in "The Keeper" thread, "...an orange dial from a few years ago back...", I had a hunch it might be an Orange Sawtooth

I know these have increased in value over the years, but the SHC0xx Sawtooth (2006-2011) has monumental values beyond the cool aesthetics. They were Seiko's Last Mainstream Quartz Diver that ended a 32-year tradition of battery-powered mainstream divers that started in 1979 by the Quartz 150m Diver 7548-7000. This is excluding LEs like the Giugiaro Design SBEE001. Today, we're back to how it was in 1978, with the cheapest Seiko Quartz true diver being a Professional line Quartz Tuna.

Funny thing how the Hodinkee/Monochrome/Ablogtowatch-types who go on about how the SBDB008 Spring Drive Tuna and Kinetic GMT Diver SUN0xx are some kind of refreshing interpretations on the Tuna have likely never seen a Sawtooth.

• LeroyC
                LeroyC commented
                Editing a comment
                I told you you're funny.

• harlansmart
                harlansmart commented
                Editing a comment
                Rescue orange being a very practical color for deerworrier also.

• Originally posted by cyma View Post
              Love wearing this. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9921.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	59162
              Its a beautiful watch. Rado Starliner. I haven't come across this one. Thanks for posting!

Comment

• harlansmart
                harlansmart commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah this is an interesting model, are there any others that do a 'mirror of themselves' ?

• testing timing of Leroy's special home-brew!

Name:	20200613_073036[1].jpg
Views:	56
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	59255
              “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
              Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• harlansmart
                harlansmart commented
                Editing a comment
                Serious watch for a serious brew eh.

• Started the day with this one

Name:	IMG_20200613_092845.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	59263
              'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Artemis12
                Artemis12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Another fine piece Hammers!!! I was looking at a reissue review the other day and the original is still the best dose the stop watch function still work?

Name:	IMG_4031.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	59265

Comment

• Kronos
                Kronos commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, Don. This is my first "proper" watch. Got this sometime in early 2009 when I knew nothing about watches (I still don't know anything, but that's a different story). Got hooked by the looks and immediately bought it. My love for watches started with this one. So, a very special one for me. It's an Eco-Drive Perpetual Calendar Chrono, model no: BLE8005-77E, case dia 39mm, approx 6 months running time on a full charge.

• Artemis12
                Artemis12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice piece Vish and great back story. The first is always exciting. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of your collection as it progresses

• Don
                Don commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome, Vish. Thank you for sharing. Citizen is certainly a master when it comes to modern complications. I look at your watch, and it's like the functions of my digital G-Shock, but expressed beautifully through analog. Digital tells information, but analog shows it and, by doing so, adds a certain value.

• Oh, what to wear today??? Click image for larger version

Name:	20200614_095212.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	59271

Comment

• Artemis12
                Artemis12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok, let's give the bn2029 a go

• Don
                Don commented
                Editing a comment
                I can imagine how your next progression would be to put some chunky leather straps on the vintages?

• Artemis12
                Artemis12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like a very cool progression

Name:	20200614_102208.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	59278

Comment

• Going out with my new Turtle

Comment

• Artemis12
                  Artemis12 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking good Vish

• After a very long wait, I've just received the new additions.
                tw steel ce2002.Click image for larger version  Name:	20200614_153153.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.0 KB ID:	59302

Comment

Working...
                X