No announcement yet.

Daily Chat & Wrist Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thinking, the steel one is bigger, taller, and steel is heavy, but it only weighs 17g more than the smaller, thinner, titanium one - this makes no sense to me

239g of pure stainless

The zilla's rolling at 222g of titanium good ness
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Harlan, just copied this from suppaparts website

https://suppaparts.com/Zilla-Bracelet.php

The Suppa Zilla Bracelet is a combination of titanium adapters with a titanium link bracelet and a stainless steel adjustable divers clasp. Made for BJ8050, BJ8051, BJ8044, NH6930, NH6934. All the bracelet parts are brushed to match. You can remove the bracelet and use these adapters with other 24mm straps.

Hopefully this solves the weight issue
      Last edited by Artemis12; 28-07-20, 19:11.

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh yeah! Thats starts to make a wee bit more sense I guess... Ti 'should' weigh a helluva lot less, I mean it is physically smaller too...

(Unless somehow there is 'more' in it)

• Click image for larger version  Name:	27F414A4-6CD5-4796-8B74-90A2A3C91908.jpeg Views:	31 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	60421

I’m one day into a three day course at our Auckland corporate office. I still don’t get much opportunity to wear this watch so I took the chance today. Love it as much as always.

Comment

• LeroyC
      LeroyC commented
      Editing a comment
      It sure is a great watch guys. (And as a former owner Don would know).

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, i thought Don was a bit too sweet on this classic masterpiece did Bulova steel the marker design??

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      I just love the 'Commander' part too..

Very James Bond

• Casio mqd-3000w for this morning must reset the dateClick image for larger version

Name:	Casio mqd-3000w _183958.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	60443

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	CD4213AD-647E-44E6-9F9A-1B441BEEB36B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.2 KB ID:	60447

I enjoyed having this on the wrist again today. And yes Don, it is an 8269. If anyone doesn’t know how special these watches are I highly recommend doing a little Googling. You’ll likely find a couple of threads right here on TKNZ along with others on overseas forums.
      Last edited by LeroyC; 29-07-20, 19:59.

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Leroy, is this your watch? ...https://i.postimg.cc/3NJ2cH46/8269.jpg ...If so, 1993, and was mine until 2010, then jakem looked after this watch until 2012. If this it is, then I'm very happy to see it with you )

• LeroyC
        LeroyC commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Don. Yep, looks like that’s the one.

• harlansmart
        harlansmart commented
        Editing a comment
        haha love it, 'keep it in da house!'

• The attention to the details are just awesome, just beautiful

Comment

• One of my favorites

Click image for larger version  Name:	Citizen Promaster Altichron_201751.jpg Views:	9 Size:	73.5 KB ID:	60455

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Colours are well-composed on this piece. I like it more than if it were just black or orange.

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          I like it too, deeply recessed dial, I likee that

• Artemis12
          Artemis12 commented
          Editing a comment
          No GPS required with this one tooooo!!! it's got a compass and altimeter unfortunately I'd still get lost

• Pulsar,1973, before Seiko owned. not many of these around.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0075.JPG Views:	0 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	60464
        Attached Files
        'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Alba AKA "LED" is viviendo la vida in Barcelona, Spain

• cyma
          cyma commented
          Editing a comment
          Found in an antique shop on a shelf in a box of watches, its in very nice condition on original lobster bracelet, its 14ct gold filled and still fitted with the old RW25 batteries which had leaked slightly, its working but not 100%, needs circuit clean and im not going their, so any help on this would be appreciated.
          Last edited by cyma; 31-07-20, 13:03.

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          A very lucky find, Pete

• full on late'ish model SEIKO MM300

it's about a decade old I think

mean glow all nite

i'm on the tracks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	61780640891__00014B56-DA6D-4100-A72A-082540BC1094.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	60491

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          I think an SBBN017?

• Have a great weekend all Click image for larger version

Name:	Casio mqd-3000w and md-703_184958.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	60496

Comment

• Perfect Patina, this is what you call a vintage watch, got that yellow tinge all over, and a great maker. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0084.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	60512
          'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            Brilliant consistency of patina. Makes me think... Since we have custom pre-washed and distressed denim jeans and jacket, I wonder whether someone has figured a way to accelerate a patina aging effect on a new watch dial. This would be as opposed to just a repro-style new dial. Maybe an atmospheric and chemical aging process over, say, a few weeks?

There could be a market for something like that.

• I opened the watch box today and just wasn’t really sure what to wear. Then I realised I was almost skimming over everything without really paying any attention to my Times Helix Works. I then realised that I think it’s been quite some time since I wore it as I often have less opportunity to do so these days and other options that have been first choice. But it was the perfect choice for walking the dog (and child) at the beach this morning and I definitely felt afterwards that it deserves more wrist time. It’s such a comfortable watch to wear and that’s important as I often find watches I like aren’t particularly comfy on my oddly shaped wrist. This Timex is also just kinda cool. Not quite ‘vintage’ yet, but certainly starting to get a bit older. It’s not a ‘tough’ watch like a G Shock, but it’s unobtrusive enough that even at 48mm wide it’s an easy daily wearer. And I’ve never really been able to try out all it’s features so next time I fly somewhere I might wear it and see what altitude it thinks we’re at when cruising. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	016F56E7-695C-4B50-B4C5-1B3D72452C49.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	60543 Click image for larger version  Name:	567884DD-AA03-4C80-B7B0-85676C6FEDF9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	60544

Comment

• Artemis12
            Artemis12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely a head turner it will be interesting to see if it picks up the altitude change have an awesome weekend

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            A lovely weekend story, Leroy... How a man relates to his watch is a source of never ending fascination. Many enthusiasts do what you do, allowing yourself the freedom at any given moment to pick out a watch that fits the occasion. In watches, we intentionally move ourselves towards being spoiled for choice

Some, like me, avoid the dilemma of choosing, and simply assign watches in the box to fixed given days or situation. However, this can become anal retentive, e.g. I have a watch assigned to be worn on public holidays that fall on odd-numbered months of the year @@ haha

• Enjoying the 61 today Click image for larger version

Name:	20200801_183541.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	60546

Comment

• Morning all. Enjoy your Sunday.

Name:	IMG_20200802_085046.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	60551
            'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Shopping with the 61 happy Sunday everyone Click image for larger version  Name:	20200802_112607.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	60554
              Last edited by Artemis12; 02-08-20, 11:54.

Comment

• Hamilton intra-matic micro rotor. The perfect side arm for handling a bit of canned rabbit.

Name:	9AA9D8C0-A25E-41D1-BF07-A6D8BFAF1AAA.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	60560

Comment

• Don
                  Don commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Intra-matic is perfect for Sunday lunch ...It would be fun to see that can in a vegan place :D
              Working...
              X