• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Sunday

Comment

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      A review would be greatly appreciated once you have put her through her paces. Looking totally
      awesome though
      Last edited by Artemis12; 02-08-20, 19:00.

• woodstock
      woodstock commented
      Editing a comment
      Fancy new watch, I like

• A quick change for office work time Click image for larger version

Name:	Seiko 7c43-6a00_170720.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	60564

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Like the contrast between the champagne dial with gilt hands and the brutish dark titanium.

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Don lucky shot

• Tangin ‘Swiss’ for today’s trip to the supermarket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB4F9E41-DBB1-484B-91AA-CC3127364138.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	60572

Comment

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      lookng good LeroyC the contrast between polished brushed looks great.

• Hammers
      Hammers commented
      Editing a comment
      Dressing up for the supermarket....

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Since that's the only place I go, a bother has to look good

• The re-lumed pip on my 6309 bezel has always annoyed me when I wear it. Can anyone recommend where to go to get a colour matched relume? In fact it doesn't even need to glow as the original probably wouldn't have any glow anymore

Name:	IMG20200803133617_copy_1512x2016.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	60580

Comment

• Originally posted by retlaw4 View Post
      The re-lumed pip on my 6309 bezel has always annoyed me when I wear it. Can anyone recommend where to go to get a colour matched relume? In fact it doesn't even need to glow as the original probably wouldn't have any glow anymore

Name:	IMG20200803133617_copy_1512x2016.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	60580
      Qtip and black coffee...

Comment

• retlaw4
        retlaw4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm yeah I could give that a go first

• retlaw4
        retlaw4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I actually need the lume to be a solid white/cream, rather than dark yellow/brown. Currently it's this greenish gluey blob

• Originally posted by retlaw4 View Post
      The re-lumed pip on my 6309 bezel has always annoyed me when I wear it. Can anyone recommend where to go to get a colour matched relume?...
      retlaw4, I'm not a watch repairer, so this is totally from personal experience. You can attempt to rectify this, but you need to keep in mind a few things.
      1. For the job to be done properly, i.e. not leave a botched uneven effect, the bezel insert needs to be removed from the watch. When you talk to a watchmaker about removing a vintage insert like this, they will advise you that there is a high chance of damage to the insert. The aluminum material is old, and may not be able to be fitted back in like before.
      2. Depending which repairer you talk to, matching an original aged lume is anywhere from "difficult" to "near-impossible". For watchmakers, lume reapplication is primarily a functional remedy, and less a cosmetic one. The difficulty in matching comes from the fact that when the luminous compound dries, the colour tone is different from when the repairer mixed it. It would take trail and error, thus time-consuming.
      3. You have to be prepared for the fact that the outcome may be worse than now, even if it looks okay to the repairer.

Again, from my own experience. When it comes to vintages, there are far more instances when I feel that the previous owner should have left an imperfection alone rather than try to fix it. For me, it might be better to leave it as is, and in the future, find a better conditioned specimen of the same watch to replace it. Remember that the 6309-7040 is actually a very common watch, and we'll see this soon enough when the global economy turns.

Another fix, though by no means a substitute, is called the SRP777
      On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• retlaw4
        retlaw4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said Don. Yes I had hoped to replace it someday with a better example

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200803_175014.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	60594 Looks pretty good to me retlaw4, I personally like the look of, if its worn its worn and if its mint your lucky to have found it.
      You could just replace the bezel ring. My 6105's has a replacement ring and the original is in the box just incase I want to reinstall it. Pic's attached. I'm on the hunt for a brith year and month 6105 minter, but that will be a wee bit away. Good luck with your choice Click image for larger version

Name:	20200803_175002.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	60593 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200803_174934.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	60595

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Artemis12, I think it was a good move to replace the bezel insert on your 6105. The original looks to have been well used, so a replacement like you have on lifts the watch up a lot.

• Artemis12
        Artemis12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don, you're quite right, it dose look better with the replacement insert, but I think you lose a bit of its history, as this pice of wrist magic has been well used by it past owner over the last 40 plus years. Its a hard call on how to handle cosmetic upgrades????

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200804_135143.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	60601this one still gets the most wrist time

Comment

• Artemis12
        Artemis12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like love to me. It definitely has the 6105-8000 vibe going on which I find rather appealing myself

• Artemis12
        Artemis12 commented
        Editing a comment
        just watched a few YouTube videos on your slick Doxa!!! Totally awesome watch with a great history

• retlaw4
        retlaw4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep they sure do! Very cool watches

• Casio for this afternoon Click image for larger version

Name:	Casio efe 504_182635.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	60604

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Megatron would go for this watch ...Come to think of it, I think quite a few cinematic Bad Boys would rock Casio! ...Darth Vader would love a G-Shock, while Thanos would have swapped one of his Stones for your MQD-3000W :D

• Artemis12
        Artemis12 commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks Don it is a bit sci-fi for a chronograph Darth Vader would definitely have this under his cap

• These things just DONT stop

Name:	Messages Image(3956717324).png
Views:	73
Size:	835.6 KB
ID:	60622

Not the Monster OR the Train

Comment

• Artemis12
        Artemis12 commented
        Editing a comment
        nice shot of the train, the monster looks sweet too

• The G-Shock is the only option for a surf most of the time, but especially today when it was cold and the surf was huge!!

Name:	A97CE2A1-E81E-4854-B5F4-A04137C90E76.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	60625

Comment

• Artemis12
        Artemis12 commented
        Editing a comment
        A pic of the surf would be awesome next time your out. G-shock looks awesome!!!!
        Last edited by Artemis12; 05-08-20, 18:19.

• Fair enough Leroy

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk

Tony Lewis
      New Zealand

Comment

• Enjoying my Daily beater: Click image for larger version

Name:	Casio gwg-1000_120922.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	60638

Comment

• Artemis12
          Artemis12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wholly heck!!!!! I'm severely under utilising the protenal of my gwg that's one intense video omg
          Last edited by Artemis12; 06-08-20, 18:56.

• LeroyC
          LeroyC commented
          Editing a comment
          Good grief. Feckin Muri-cans. Guns guns guns bombs bombs bombs war war war. They love it don’t they. Soon there’ll be fully armed Mall Cop ‘special ops’. Sponsored by Beretta or Raytheon or something of course.

• Artemis12
          Artemis12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't forget they all get a free gwg with each gun the closest thing i have is the nail gun and for the amount of near miss that's a good thing
          Last edited by Artemis12; 06-08-20, 20:47.

• Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Artemis12
          Artemis12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool shot David!! Is it the dial or the hands??

• Was wearing this one:

Name:	IMG_20200804_115755.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	60644

Which is making me want this:

Name:	sarx071-e_1024x.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	60645
        'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Hammers
          Hammers commented
          Editing a comment
          True. Three hander vs Monopusher chrono. Many design cues are similar and clearly you can see where they come from. The blue dial is nice (too many blue watches already) , but the teal/green is standout imo..... Maybe then....no green dials currently in the box

• Artemis12
          Artemis12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely has a bit of the 62mas feel too. Nice clean dial, good looking date window and larger crown. The more I look at it the more appealing it is

• Artemis12
          Artemis12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just watching a YouTube video on the new 6105 and the guys showing all of the latest Seiko and all three versions of the presage watches are on display they all look fantastic. Fast forward to around the 2.30 minute mark.
          https://youtu.be/CgdG7Nebrfg
          Last edited by Artemis12; 06-08-20, 21:06.
      Working...
      X