Omega seamaster service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega seamaster service

My Father has a 5ish year old seamaster that started losing time. He took it to Partridge jewellers in Wellington where it was purchased from, and they sent it to the authorised repair center who have sent a quote of $1650 to service. Is there anybody that can service and get parts for these new watches? as he was told by a friend it is a closed shop and only authorised repairers can buy parts.
    Who would you recommend?

Cheers
    Glenn

Hi Glenn. Omega parts are difficult to source by independent watch makers for sure, however at this stage it may not need parts. There are 2-3 independent watchmakers around with good recommendations from TKNZ members - pilbrows in Taupo, Blair at Watch on Broadway (he may have relocated to Rotorua?) and Ian Daniels in Waikanae (he was originally Omega trained), to name just three.
    I have used the later two with good results, albeit not for an Omega service.
    Other members should be able to provide some other wisdom.
    Good luck and it is always good to have the end result reported, for the benefit of others.
    Cheers.
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have my rolex at Pilbrows at the moment for a new main spring and the service, which they do when replacing the main spring which is costing $1020 so not overly cheap. I had it serviced at watches on broadway 4 years ago at a cost of $400 which was reasonable.

Unfortunately I am a week too late as Dad has already given the go ahead. The email he received said the following repairs are required: complete service, sapphire crystal, movement parts, set of seals and pressure test. $1670 inc gst

What sort of parts would you expect to replace on a 6yo watch that is worn daily in an office?

I have told him to get an exact break down of what is done and replaced when he gets it back

Cheers

Comment

Actually sent you a PM middle of last month, and then another PM recently (yesterday) lol

Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Sorry, have just seen your message. There is only 1 there, the other probably went when the forums were changed. I don't really expect any messages so don't check in there, I am in Wellington. This is the first time I have asked about Omega servicing, last year I was asking about rolex servicing.

Cheers
          Last edited by skyline_glenn; 07-02-2018, 21:31.

Comment

I wonder why a 6 year old watch should need a new sapphire gLass,they are expensive and do not wear out. Remember you are legally entitled to have all the old parts returned to you for your inspection when you collect the repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Horos View Post
              I wonder why a 6 year old watch should need a new sapphire gLass,they are expensive and do not wear out. Remember you are legally entitled to have all the old parts returned to you for your inspection when you collect the repair.
              That is what I can't understand. It might have a few light scratches but nothing really bad. I guess they want to send the watch back looking like new.

Comment

Working...
              X