WAYWOF 16 February 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAYWOF 16 February 2018

Let's get this party started. Have a great weekend all. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180216_084020.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	39084
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Looking forward to the Christchurch catch up on Saturday, it's long overdue.

Comment

This 50's Bulova 10BPAC is showing it's age.....Much like me Have a great weekend chaps, and see you tomorrow Luther Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03824.JPG
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	39090
      Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

• rolex
        rolex commented
        Editing a comment
        Give if a facelift w/a nice alligator strap, will look 3 decades younger!

• captainscarlet1
        captainscarlet1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, I think you're right!

Comment

• rolex
        rolex commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats cool that thing, kind of like a wee submarine hatch.

S E I K O M A R I N E M A S T E R
      Certified: ISO 6425 'DIVERS'*
      8L35 AutoMAtic
      Professional
      SBDX001
      'KP-MM'
      300m

* This means the watch is certified to 125% of the rated pressure, in this case 375m. It also means the watch meets requirement for Mixed-Gas diving, and it is tested in 'over-pressure' environs
      additionally. Elements tested which an ISO6424 Certified Divers watch needs to be equipped with include:

- Resistance to thermal shock.

- Reliability under water

- Water resistance.

- Timing device, i.e. unidirectional rotating bezel.

- Magnetic resistance.

- Visibility in the dark.

- Shock resistance.

- Resistance of crowns and pushers to external force.

- Reliability under water.

- Strap/bracelet strength.

- Resistance to salt water.

When you look at many 'so called diver's watches it is easy to see why they fail to meet rigorous ISO standards, many watch Manufacturers test internally & claim 'Compliant to ISO 6425' but few are tested/certified to ISO 6425'.

(The humble Seiko baby Tuna SBBN007 range for under NZD2000 are all approved for use as a divers watch in a Helium Enriched (i.e. mixed-Gas) environments )

' It was in 1965 that S E I K O made its first ever diver’s watch. Half a century on, the list of S E I K O’s achievements in this most challenging of arenas for watchmakers is long and distinguished. From the first use of a titanium case for a diver’s watch to the invention of the accordion-style strap and the twolayer case to the design of dial markers and hands of unparalleled legibility,
      S E I K O has been a pioneer in the field, and we are proud that the ISO 6425 standard was developed with S E I K O’s own standard as its base. Today, S E I K O’s diver’s watches are the world’s benchmark for excellence.' -
      S E I K O

Via Nokia 3210 with Tapatalk Expert
      Image Size Medium
      1024 x 768
      Last edited by rolex; 16-02-18, 11:15.

Comment

Friday already - where did the week go? Grand Seiko GMT today for me.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	16 February.JPG
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	39095

Comment

• rolex
          rolex commented
          Editing a comment
          Classy kb, very classy !

Live Long & Prosper!

Comment

Shower after tairua swim.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

harlansmart commented

strap whore = Sarbie

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	114.1 KB ID:	39102 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	110.8 KB ID:	39103 Boctok Amphibia (East Amphibian) ...................
          While i'm not as good as i once was.....i'm as good once as i ever was.......!

Comment

Awesome shots Scouser... it's pretty barren up there today but it'd be a great day to be scooting around the plateau... bivvying in schrund/slot etc

TUKINO Ski Area.... 20180216

Click image for larger version  Name:	latest.jpg Views:	1 Size:	154.4 KB ID:	39105

TUROA Ski Area..... 20180216

Click image for larger version  Name:	latest-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	177.5 KB ID:	39106

WHAKAPAPA Ski Area.... 20180216

Click image for larger version  Name:	latest-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	170.0 KB ID:	39107

Last edited by harlansmart; 16-02-18, 17:08.
            Harlan
            Timekeeper Watch Club
            Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Scouser
              Scouser commented
              Editing a comment
              Cheers HS, its one of my favorite spots, i was a member of the NZAC for many years, lots of scary escapades.....now i just take it easy
          Working...
          X