• Show
Clear All

• ANZAC day 2018

Click image for larger version

Name:	lest-we-forget5.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	41383

What are you wearing? & what are you doing?

A13-a pilots watch & listened to the dawn service then got stuck into some fencing and gate works (got to keep the land owners happy)
    as a side note, i can now confirm there is indeed light at the end of the tunnel

Name:	anzac.jpg
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	41384

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Spitfire today. Nice day for sitting around doing b all
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

My trence watch from 1915, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8189.JPG
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	41387
      'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Can't continue the military theme.
        New shoes on sbdc051.
        ''Lest we forget"

Name:	IMG_20180425_133703~2.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	41389
        'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Wearing a 6309 diver because I can, thanks to those who have served to keep our precious freedoms.
          Thinking of our own ANZAC as well and wishing him a good day.

Comment

Comment

Lest we forget those that fell before us and let us support those that stand today for tomorrow.

SBS for me today, missed the start of the service this morning trying to find a park but the upside meant I missed the shower too!

Comment

Originally posted by Brucy
                Lest we forget those that fell before us and let us support those that stand today for tomorrow.

SBS for me today, missed the start of the service this morning trying to find a park but the upside meant I missed the shower too!

A proper watch for proper hard men.

Comment

First big outing from hospital for me was Anzac Day parade at Titahi Bay. Wore the Bulova Moonwatch..

Tony Lewis
                  New Zealand

Comment

I was at Leigh climbing then teaching people to cast from the wharf, and haven't got a picture OF the watch I wore...

Click image for larger version  Name:	54632775625__4CF5F958-5BEB-48E3-B5E9-8D85A4D10588.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	226.7 KB ID:	41647

BUT... I did sent a pxt of a watch, early in the afternoon that ANZAC day !

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3159.png Views:	1 Size:	479.2 KB ID:	41648
                    Harlan
                    Timekeeper Watch Club
                    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Originally posted by anzac1957
                      First big outing from hospital for me was Anzac Day parade at Titahi Bay. Wore the Bulova Moonwatch..

Heh welcome back Tony! Hope your feeling better?

Comment

Patriots day 9th May in Russia.....just had to

Last edited by Admin; 09-05-18, 12:09.
                        While i'm not as good as i once was.....i'm as good once as i ever was.......!

Comment

What is your affinity with all the Ruskie's to do with again Scouser... how many Russian watches have you actually got, quite a few eh..

Haven't had many
                          myself but one that belonged to julo & now andrewing was mine initially and was real choice, a real show-stopper haha

Name:	15.jpeg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	41821
                          Harlan
                          Timekeeper Watch Club
                          Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Scouser
                            Scouser commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi Harlan, it was just curiosity on Watchuseek (Russian section) website, i dipped my toe in and the next thing i was needing a snorkel !!!!! Vostok (east) are cheap & cheerful to collect, some exquisite dials and all made 'in-house', i have over 30 of those!

then there are the military Poljots from the late 70s to 80s these have real history including the space race, i have 6 of those!.......im smitten, what can i say.....

• harlansmart
                            harlansmart commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Snorkel??

Bathyscaphe Trieste more like it lol

Nah seriously, I think we all (mostly) spend WAY too much on getting 'certain' types of watches.

Fact is, since I know a lot of people who have spent a lot of money, more than most, on fancy Rolex & PP and the like, and they're mates, who tell me the truth, they tell me really whats what, I can say these people confirm privately that the most enjoyable watches in ownership are not the 10-100k+ PP's & Rollies they are exactly what you have there, what I wear... things you can ENJOY.

It's like, whats the best day of yacht ownership apart from the day you buy it... it is the day you sell it.

JM2CW as I am certainly no expert & have never claimed to be.

Name:	
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	41828 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	41829 Here you go Harlan,.....enjoy

Comment

• harlansmart
                            harlansmart commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Wow - that is an IMPRESSIVE collection of Russian Wrist Kit 10/10... which is the #1 watch Scouser ??

Truly WOW

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	41838 This one Harlan....Strela (arrow) 3017 first watch to do a space walk....although my dial is arabic not cyrillic

Comment

Working...
                          X