Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FREE: Pulsar Chronograph (conditions apply)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE: Pulsar Chronograph (conditions apply)

Hey all,

Does anyone need a bit of beater or work watch? Or something for a teenager maybe? Have I got a deal for you!! A workmate of mine was going to throw this watch out. Seriously, he was actually going to throw it in the bin!! He dropped it and a few markers fell off so were loose inside the crystal, it started fogging up and eventually stopped running. He bought a replacement, but I grabbed the Pulsar off him before it went to the dump. I've opened it up and cleaned it out and have managed to get it going again. In the end 9 of the 12 markers fell off. They were just outlines so they weren't worth worrying about and they've been binned. The crown stem had a bit of corrosion on it so this must be where the water got in. I've cleaned it and it's working fine, but obviously the watch may not have the best water resistance. I also cleaned out a bit of gunk from inside the case and gave everything a good dry out and put it all back together. It was running after reassembly, but didn't last long so I realised that it probably needed a new battery. I got some good Maxell silver oxide batteries and popped one in and it's been going great ever since. I've worn it for a few days and it hasn't lost any time and hasn't fogged up at all so it's worth keeping it out of the landfill for sure.
    It has the standard Pulsar chrono quartz movement and all the usual features you'd expect on a watch like this. Just a folded link bracelet, but it's comfy enough. I've got it on the tightest setting on the clasp to fit my 19mm wrist so there's a whole clasp worth of adjustment there for bigger wristed folk. Ummmmm, what else............. Oh, the dial has been bumped a bit, either when the watch was dropped or when I had it apart and on 2 of the subdials the hands aren't aligned properly. If I get time I'll open it up again and sort this out, but I might not get to it. It's not a big deal really, is easy enough to fix at some stage and hey! The watch is FREE!! And on that topic as I said I'd like to off this to any TKNZ member with a NZ shipping address, FOC!! (That's 'Free Of Charge'). Flick me a message if you're keen. Cheers.

Last edited by LeroyC; 25-05-18, 19:10.

Well done on fixing that until Leroy!

Make a great beater for someone

Comment

Thanks Brucy. To be honest I thought it would’ve been snapped up by now. Maybe my price is too high?

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC
        Thanks Brucy. To be honest I thought it would’ve been snapped up by now. Maybe my price is too high?
        I’ve got a mate that lost his Tag in the ocean last year, he’s got one of mine on loan, I’ve just texted him so I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back from him, nothing wrong with this, nice enough watch.... good enough for the British MOD even if they are cheapskates

Comment

Dang it! He prefers the field watch he has from me... ironically it’s a pulsar too!

Comment

Leroy your a great hooman

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

harlansmart commented

strap whore = Sarbie

Comment

Offer withdrawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What it didn't get snapped up
                Geez
                Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Originally posted by pedro44
                  What it didn't get snapped up
                  Geez
                  Nope. I’m gonna fix it up a bit better and pop it on Tard Me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X