MOONPHASE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOONPHASE

Hi, Any one else out there got or hooked on Moonphase watches, Have 3 so far, just have to watch how far i go with it :D Heres a pic of my 3, would like to see some more pics of others, 7a48,no name but seiko movement, 7f39. Cheers Pete.

Attached files

'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Never quite understood this, how does it work?

Cheers,

Jim

Comment

Cheers,

Jim
      Ummmm will let Halan or Don reply to this as they will explain it a bit better than me :D All i can say is it gives you the phase of the moon :roll: Come in Don i think.

Comment

If I pretended not to understand your question, Jim, I could take this very far ...but I know you probably mean the moon-phase

It's an astronomical complication that consist of a rotating disc that is geared to complete revolutions in synodic periods, or lunation, of approximately 29.5 days. While the Date wheel tick over at midnight (two complete rotations of the hour hand), the moon-phase disc rotates fractionally faster. Here's how it's used:

(From Seiko Analogue Quartz 7A48 Instructions)

Notice also that on Pete's 7A48. The sub-dial at 12 accommodates two complications (Date and Moon-Phase) that share a common axis, but rotates at different rates. 8-)

Moon-Phase is, I guess, a relic of the past when watchmaking had a close tie to astronomy, especially that of the movement of celestial bodies.
        A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

See Jim, Easy ahy. Cheers Don. :D

Comment

Working...
          X