Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panda-Panda-Panda

not the song, the dial type.
    i have had a hankering for a panda dial in the collection for a while and thought i cant be the only fan?
    so, get them out for the thread, it can be one you own, one you want, one you are currently saving for.
    im currently down to 2 preferred dials...

the Marui
    Click image for larger version

Name:	omega1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	44526

or this reissue, love the dial but the tall tales about the movement and the case depth is steering me away...

Name:	Tag1.jpg
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	44527

what you got or what you want? lets see em gents.
    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Hamilton Chrono-matic and intra-matic. Love the Proportion of the sub-dials.
    harlansmart commented

strap whore = Sarbie

Comment

No longer in the fold but quite possibly one I regret letting go
      “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Damn they’re all nice!!!

An affordable Ive thought about picking up to see what it’s like and how the style suits

And a classic that would be nice to have

Comment

• deerworrier
          deerworrier commented
          Editing a comment
          went through an 18month period of horror to keep both my nuts so I won't be giving my left one for the heuer!!

I really love the look of the Longines Heritage - pricey for a Longines though

Name:	LonginesHeritage1973_2.jpg
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	44553 Click image for larger version

Name:	longines-heritage-1973-feature-1024x682.jpg
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	44554

If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• deerworrier
          deerworrier commented
          Editing a comment
          I was actually looking at these last night and decided the white dial was my preferred option. pricing is steep new but they seem to be selling at reasonable 2nd hand rates. defo worth addition to the list.

• kiwi.bloke
          kiwi.bloke commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the case - busy busy busy dial!

How about something along these lines... each has its merits... own both myself. Did have the Seiko Pandas as well but never really connected and moved them on when prices went silly. Still mulling over getting the other version of the Tudor, then again you could get the real deal

Name:	IMG_6314.JPG
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	44663 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6310.JPG
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	44662
        Last edited by kiwi.bloke; 09-08-18, 22:20. Reason: Seem to only show on my iPad... fixed now hopfully

Comment

• deerworrier
          deerworrier commented
          Editing a comment
          can't see any pics? could be my compooter though!

Love the look of the panda Longines above

I’m usually neutral on the panda and reverse-panda, so have not owned many. These two vintages came to my box via their other merits, and weren’t as costly as those above. First, the Seiko Automatic Chronograph 6138-8000 23j, though please don’t call it a Baby Panda—there’s nothing “baby” about being the flagship of the 6138 line

The other a Reverse… I’m not a huge fan of modern Breitling, and one wouldn’t normally associate “best kept secret” with anything Breitling—it is usually the opposite that tends to be true, and anything Breitling normally commands many times the price of an equivalent-movement brand. However, these Windrider Chrono Callisto, produced 1988-1992, definitely fly under the radar.

Tri-compax dial with no Date, and no “Automatic” designation—must be quartz? ...No, Breitling Cal 11 is actually a manual-winding Lemania 1873, the same as found in the Speedmaster Pro Moon Watch.
        Last edited by Don; 09-08-18, 12:00.
        A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

• deerworrier
          deerworrier commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a 6138 a few years ago and liked it, I think the case bothered me at the time? no doubt it would have been something trivial as an excuse to try the next shiny thing

Love Panda dials. Have you had a look at the vintage Movado Datron watches John?
        Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Originally posted by captainscarlet1 View Post
          Love Panda dials. Have you had a look at the vintage Movado Datron watches John?
          was a ball hair away from making an offer on a HS360 then a VJ72 caught my eye, then i got all confused and had a wee nap the older Hamiltons seem to be the best priced of all the vintage mainstream. there are some v.nice Clebar out there, but even those are starting to climb! it seems everything is worth a small fortune at the moment
          “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
          Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Like the Heuer. But Omega all the way out of your original two. Like to see how the Longines wears, quite retro imo
            'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Working...
            X