Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unexpected buy

Hi all,
    I was in Melbourne couple of days ago, wife was on her shopping spree, could not be a better time to go to watch shops and have a look at few watches in flesh which is not an opportunity for me being in small town.

Oris 65 , Omega PO attracted me quite a bit.
    Entered next shop ( watches of Switzerland) nothing different and while I was about to leave he pulled Tudor black bay S&G .
    Never thought I will buy a gold accent watch and was not a big fan of tudor hands in photos.

Put it on wrist and to my surprise liked it.

Bit of price negotiation and the price came well below tax free from NZ and below from any online offering I could see.

An hour later , walked out with the watch.

Here is a quick wrist shot.

Regard
    Ibrar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice one. As I would say as I have the same. Did you try it on the leather also?
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammers View Post
      Nice one. As I would say as I have the same. Did you try it on the leather also?
      I understand leather looks great and makes watch less shiny but leather was not available and when I kind of showed my keen interest in leather he dropped the price further making it even a better buy.

Comment

Nice watch
        “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Very nice! Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by ibrar View Post

I understand leather looks great and makes watch less shiny but leather was not available and when I kind of showed my keen interest in leather he dropped the price further making it even a better buy.

That makes perfect sense.

I bought an after market deployment and then a custom strap from gasgasbones. Will try and post a photo later.
            'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

I went for a mid brown rather than the black tudor surplies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190127_194524.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	48115

Name:	IMG_20190127_194534.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	48114

Comment

Originally posted by Hammers View Post
                I went for a mid brown rather than the black tudor surplies.

Name:	IMG_20190127_194524.jpg
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	48115

Name:	IMG_20190127_194534.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	48114
                Thanks , looks great, I will go the same route.
                Hunt started .......

Comment

Originally posted by ibrar View Post

Thanks , looks great, I will go the same route.
                  Hunt started .......

Good luck. The most fun is always in the chase.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Congrats! I love that watch, one of my favourites in the BB range. Im always lusting after Hammers one, now I can do the same to yours.

I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

Great watch! Were you able to get a tax rebate! Did you see any Tudor GMT’s over there?

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaPro View Post
                          Great watch! Were you able to get a tax rebate! Did you see any Tudor GMT’s over there?
                          Actually he charged me tax free, sized the watch put in a sealed pouch with paper work which I presented to tax refund counter on airport after passport check , once counter girl took the papers out I was able to put the watch on my wrist. I opted for this instead of claiming refund. Very straightforward .
                          Yes I had a look at GMT , loved that but wife picked this one( she is not a big fan of bicolour bezel) May be some time on a solo trip.

Comment

That sounds pretty straight forward. Do you remember what the price was on the Tudor GMT? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaPro View Post
                              That sounds pretty straight forward. Do you remember what the price was on the Tudor GMT? Thanks.
                              I have seen so many watches on that day hence can’t be sure , as I remember shelf price was AUD 6500.

Comment

Working...
                              X