Waywof 15,2,2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waywof 15,2,2019

3 in a row, have a great weekend, we have art deco this weekend Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8770.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	48345
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Happy Friday everyone...its another scorcher which is great if your a tiny watermelon.

CITIZEN today to go with my t shirt..matchy matchy as sjb would say.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

• Sarbie
      Sarbie commented
      Editing a comment
      bang on Don.

• Sarbie
      Sarbie commented
      Editing a comment
      It actually is starting to mean quite a lot to me, I acquired it from a Hospice and my father at the age of 70 passed away (5 years ago next month) in our local Hospice. Somehow I have made the connection between this watch and him. They were very good to all of us and really did make his passing as positive and humane as it could have been.

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's very fortunate for any watch to have a story and relevance attached to it like that...I know the feeling, and thanks for sharing ...The Citizen Miyota 8200 Series itself is now it its 44th year of continuous production—probably the longest movement production run of any "current" calibres, and virtually unchanged from its original design. Yours would have been one of the early ones. Many late-70s Citizen mechanical watches found in New Zealand would have been assembled domestically by Citizen NZ from imported parts, due to the tax structure at the time.

Bam. Massive bang for buck.

Click image for larger version  Name:	73626CE1-C214-4774-9871-B85E584781E2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	48349
    Last edited by kiwi.bloke; 15-02-19, 12:16.

Comment

• Sarbie
      Sarbie commented
      Editing a comment
      I love what NODUS does with hands.

Heuer Monaco for me today.

Comment

Comment

Looks like another cracker this weekend! Enjoy

Click image for larger version

Name:	DJ.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	48353
        If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• Sarbie
          Sarbie commented
          Editing a comment
          cyma I was thinking about a plan to acquire it too (timing was really off though ha ha), lovely watch and I am sure its a nice feeling its still in the 'family'.

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          I love how this piece carries the look and feel of mid-70s DateJust 1601, but being younger years, perhaps more suited to daily wear.

• sjb
          sjb commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey guys, lovely comments, thanks! Pete, at least you know it's gone to a good home. If I only ever had one watch this one would be it. Don, you're absolutely right, this goes with everything, every day, any time.

“I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Afternoon Gents,

2001 SEIKO SBBN007

(Blue AR Saphir display cover + PEPSI ring insert + Olive Drab Maratac Zulu w/Black Hardware)

Image Size Medium

1024 x 768 Pixels

Comment

In the late-1960s, during the reign of the Submariner 5513 in the West and Seiko 62MAS in the Far-East, the Soviet built Vostok Amphibia dive watches for their navy. Rolex, Seiko, and Vostok had similar level of case technology, all three were equipped with durable work-horse movements. All three utilized compressor-case principle for depth resistance (though Vostok made most use of this with its ring-retained two-piece case back) through the use of thick deformable acrylic crystal. All three had protruding crown tube that required usual-at-the-time “big crown”--with Rolex and Amphibia having similar threaded canteen-type crowns. All three used bi-directional friction-type bezel.

Half a century later, Rolex and Seiko have further developed their diver’s watch technology to what we see today, both using the latest industry-leading manufacturing practices and both world leaders in their own ways… But limited by their scarce resources, the Russian did not and could not change, instead continuing to use the same late-60s case technology, barely-improved old-world manual-labour-intensive factory assembly, frozen in time, in the cold of Chistopol, Tatarstan. Modern Amphibia are not a nostalgic revisit of the old days, but are the old days that had no choice but to persist for more than 50 years—their watchmaking industry is honest to a fault. On my wrist today is the 20th Vostok that I have owned over the course of 24 years.

Last edited by Don; 15-02-19, 17:19.
            On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• Sarbie
              Sarbie commented
              Editing a comment
              OMG Don....I am ready with my popcorn in hand for the start of the movie, nice intro!

• harlansmart
              harlansmart commented
              Editing a comment
              Why was this so utterly enjoyable to read?!

"... limited by their scarce resources, the Russian did not and could not change, instead continuing to use the same late-60s case technology, barely-improved old-world manual-labour-intensive factory assembly, frozen in time, in the cold of Chistopol, Tatarstan. Modern Amphibia are not a nostalgic revisit of the old days, but are the old days that had no choice but to persist for more than 50 years—their watchmaking industry is honest to a fault. On my wrist today is the 20th Vostok that I have owned over the course of 24 years..."

• Sarbie
              Sarbie commented
              Editing a comment
              probably because its friday night and I should be gearing up to watch a movie but the theatre system is stripped out while we wait for a new cabinnet...long story but i prematurely ran the skilly through our old cabinet! ..and Rolex Seiko and Vostok going head to head? Amazing.

SHOM again today. Have a good weekend all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190215_194410.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	48387
            'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Yachtmaster today. And as of yesterday my other half is the now the proud owner of her own 35mm version!

​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG20190215193806_crop_464x652.jpg Views:	1 Size:	79.2 KB ID:	48390 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG20190214224637_crop_761x464.jpg Views:	1 Size:	84.1 KB ID:	48391 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG20190215192410_crop_777x464.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.7 KB ID:	48392

Comment

• harlansmart
                harlansmart commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats - that is very very cute!

Comment

Working...
              X