Nice Pair,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Pair,

Lets start a thread of nice pair, ill kick it of with this pair, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8869.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	49249
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

What a great idea!
    Pair of seiko 7A28's

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      And best of both worlds at that too!

Originally posted by cyma View Post
    Lets start a thread of nice pair, ill kick it of with this pair, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8869.JPG
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	49249
    +1 on the great idea, Pete

I first saw your opening photo this morning, briefly on my phone. Actually thought for some time that they were the same make and line of product, and was surprised to see later that one is a Seiko and the other a Citizen ...Twin separated at birth?
    On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post

+1 on the great idea, Pete

I first saw your opening photo this morning, briefly on my phone. Actually thought for some time that they were the same make and line of product, and was surprised to see later that one is a Seiko and the other a Citizen ...Twin separated at birth?
      Cheers Don, both cool watches, and great condition for there age.

Comment

Neat idea for a thread, Pete!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3223.jpg
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	49266
        If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Sweet 56 Series pair ...I like the colours and texture in the shot too.

Originally posted by sjb View Post
        Neat idea for a thread, Pete!

Name:	IMG_3223.jpg
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	49266
        Thought you would have had the Rolex up, lol,, nice pair as well.

Comment

Helen has one now also - bought her a steel & gold Datejust for her birthday today. Maybe I should do a Mr & Mrs with them - a nice pair!
          If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

Do these count as a pair? Same movement, different cases and a few years separating them.

Name:	DSC04085.JPG
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	49278
            Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

• Don
              Don commented
              Editing a comment
              Certainly a pair!

Take your pick. Any two of three

Name:	image_3500.jpg
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	49289
            'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Name:	
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	49292 Boctok......
              While i'm not as good as i once was.....i'm as good once as i ever was.......!

Comment

Usually for me, anything “pairing” is criteria-met for re-homing one of the watches ...So, would like to first share two from my partner's, Christine’s, watch box. They are a pair of Quartz Diver 150m Cal 2625, both from 1981.

Of mine, the closest that pair would be these, which don’t really pair with their aesthetics nor are the movements exactly the same…

On the left is the King Seiko Special NBR020 (5256-8010) from 1975, often referred to as the Last King Seiko, i.e. last to be released among both Suwa and Diani Seikosha. The Cal 5256 (1973-1975) is the final iteration of the vintage high-grade 52 Series. While there was never a 52 Grand Seiko, the “Special” added behind the KS designation means the same as a GS Standard (AA Grade, -3/+5 sec/day).

Production for King Seiko ended with this model, and for the remainder of the 1970s through to early-1990s, Seiko focused almost solely on Quartz technology. It had no high-grade mechanical movements, and only entry-level workhorse calibres powering their Automatic watches—mainly Seiko 5 and Divers including 6306. During the early-90s, however, a Renaissance of mechanical movement occurred in Japan among the press and watch-buying public. Seiko were caught with limited technical expertise in mechanical movement design, in particular of high-grade caliber.

So, a decision was made to resurrect the 52 Series, last seen in the watch on the left. Seiko based the design of the “new” movement on the 52, and named it Cal 4S35. The 4S35 was adjusted to -10/+15 sec per day, so the same range as the current Cal 8L35. The first watch to be fitted with this movement became the flagship of Seiko Mechanical range until the arrival of the current Grand Seiko 9S Series in 1996. That watch is the SCVK001 (4S35-8000) on the right.

More about the SCVK001 here https://musingsofawatchaddict.wordpr...iko-4s-family/
                Last edited by Don; 01-04-19, 22:11.
                On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Another nice pair. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8883.JPG
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	49324

Comment

Also got these out for the weekend - a true pair. Actually have quite a few pairs - perhaps its my OCD. Often seem to be a couple of each maker to get a feel for the brand. Also so many Seiko models had different dial combos within the same model - might have to go and get my Seiko Bullheads now as well for the weekend! Cheers all!

Name:	Pairs.JPG
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	49329

Comment

Another nice pair. Click image for larger version

Name:	300.JPG
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	49377