The Quickest Way to View Timekeeper Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quickest Way to View Timekeeper Forum

Yesterday, one of our respected senior members, captainscarlet1, brought up an issue of the home page layout...

Originally posted by captainscarlet1 View Post
    1.The layout of the site isn’t very good.

Personally I find the site cumbersome to use and a bit confusing. I regularly miss new posts as they all seem to overlay each other in one place. Now this may be partly my fault as I don’t know what I’m doing when it comes to computers. The old layout enabled me to see all new posts in all areas at a glance.
    I do agree that our main page is set up more to suit first time visitors than frequently returning members. So, while a discussion is taking place regarding whether changes are needed, returning members can jump quickly into the forum through this link…

https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/search?...ssage%22%5D%7D

Please “Bookmark” it on your browser, and call it whatever you like. Use it to see the updated topics quickly without going through the home page... Further inputs on matters relating to improvements should be made on captainscarlet1’s currently active thread… https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...-kiss-me-hardy

Thank you all.

On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

The url you give, is the homepage on my computers Safari internet browser + it's also on my favourites bar.

So, whenever I open the internet browser, Safari, this is the page that opens i.e. it is my homepage

(Sometimes I might glance to the right hand side at 'Latest Topics' as well).

Comment

There is also the Tapatalk app. I visit forums almost exclusively on Tapatalk these days. It does have some down sides with TKNZ, mostly in that you can’t always see photos depending on what hosting platform people use for their pics and you can’t see the ‘comments’ made on posts. It is otherwise quite easy to use to both browse and post pics. Obviously being an app it only runs on mobile devices though so it’s no good for you if you’re on a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
        There is also the Tapatalk app. I visit forums almost exclusively on Tapatalk these days. It does have some down sides with TKNZ, mostly in that you can’t always see photos depending on what hosting platform people use for their pics and you can’t see the ‘comments’ made on posts...
        Thanks, Leroy. That's good to know. I access Timekeeper both on my computer and phone, though use the web browser for both--our forum is actually quite smartphone friendly, and no problem seeing the Comments. However, if we have a fair proportion of members preferring Tapatalk, do you, other Moderators, and Admin think that the Comment function should be disabled? ...This would prevent a one-sided dialogue with the poster who can't see the Comments being added, and doesn't look good to new members who may then think such is the norm.

On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Working...
        X