Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont wear it...Put it in your Hobby

OK guys, trying something new here.

Instead of showing us your watch on your wrist, put it in, on or around something else you love doing.
    I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

I've been training this Japanese Black Pine for 20 years.
    The explorer II is hardly off my wrist these days so nothing was wound and ready.....probably should have had my King Seiko in the shot but it's the kids bed time.

Probably more words here than is necessary but it's the first post

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful tree Sarbie... that’s very clever! Something I’ve never thought off but I assume if quite rewarding?

Comment

• Sarbie
        Sarbie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Brucy, yeah its really relaxing working on bonsaii. Havent had much time for it over the last 8 years since the kids were born but started work on "Bob" again last year. When I got Bob he was about 15 years old. A skinny little fella, too tall and with a corkscrew trunk not much thicker than a decent thumb. After planting it into the earth for a few of years the trunk got fatter and now with these photos I can see which branches need to get cut off and how much more I need to take off the height.

Ok, my little corner of relaxation and contemplation. i don't think my client "managers" realise just how many serious assaults this 6square meters prevents!

this fine friday consisted of an early morning walk for 50min and an evening of throwing sand around...

basically 40min of 20sec on 10sec off for 8exercises in 8sets, culminating in 2sets with the 100lb behemoth you see below.
      you could say a little less bonsai and more Banzai
      “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
      Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• Sarbie
        Sarbie commented
        Editing a comment
        This makes more sense now-

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

and my VR boxing game on the Playstation 4 is put to shame.

New Hobby for me. Started a couple of weeks ago. Bought this Fuji x100s 3rd hand.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Great photography Sarbie.

You can't really see much detail, but we have the 9th green at Paraparaumu beach golf course in the background. I'd call that a hobby / past time and when it's blowing its a physical challenge also

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3873.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	51235
        'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Sarbie
          Sarbie commented
          Editing a comment
          cheers Hammers. I'd definitely call golf a hobby too.

Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk

Comment

Name:	image_4361.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	52934
          Havent fired up a watches in hobbies or this hobby in a while
          Last edited by Sarbie; 15-10-19, 17:34.

Comment

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice image... tres austere.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	53296 I can not live a day without music. Not just playing it on the background but really sitting down and listening. Im using a dual armature earphones with neutral sound presentation to be able to hear all the elements and details. Playing it on the audio player which doesn't look like it is from current era , but. It has a good DAC and interchangeable OPAMP which allows to tweak the sound on hardware level.
          Last edited by Mancaveleather; 13-10-19, 20:08.

Comment

• Sarbie
            Sarbie commented
            Editing a comment
            Headphone systems have come such a long way. It is the place of true audiophiles now. Love that bund too.

• retlaw4
            retlaw4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great photo!

Going through a few unfinished tracks, see if there's anything actually worth finishing

Name:	Maschine.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	53301
          If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

Doing up this old w123 Merc in my spare time. It's been a hobby for the last 2 years, and it seems like the little jobs are neverending. So although this car is my hobby (apart from watch collecting) I'll be glad to see the project finished.

Name:	IMG_20191013_162328.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	53305

Name:	IMG_20191013_162355.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	53306

Here's a shot of what the car looks like before I tackled the rust in the front fenders. A real classic.

Name:	received_10212406077044705.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	53307

Comment

Originally posted by retlaw4 View Post
              Doing up this old w123 Merc in my spare time. It's been a hobby for the last 2 years, and it seems like the little jobs are neverending. So although this car is my hobby (apart from watch collecting) I'll be glad to see the project finished.
              Nice. I will get a C123 one day when a decent low k one pops up.

Comment

• retlaw4
                retlaw4 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah in hindsight that's what I should have invested in. But at least I got a 2.3l version. sure, everyone used to want the 2.8l's but with rising petrol prices I rekon the 2.3 will be seen to make the most sense in the long run.

• kiwi.bloke
                kiwi.bloke commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. I almost brought an R107 manual 280SL for that reason. Almost as fast as the 8, but more economical. Went with the competition instead.

Having a couple of runs on this hobby over the last few days gave me a chance for a few ‘watch + hobby’ pics.

Comment

This tree is 100% completely totally awesome

Originally posted by Sarbie View Post
                I've been training this Japanese Black Pine for 20 years.

Name:	ceb97fac9b5b37de6167461b36b87fef.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	54522

Harlan
                Timekeeper Watch Club
                New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Sarbie
                  Sarbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cheers H.

not really a hobby as such, more a professional/private passion.
                this week i am pushing my client to pay for trauma or "stop the bleed" training, its pennies if run over a day with 2-3 courses and the grim reality is that general work-safe required 1st aid is useless for remote or lone work areas.
                anyway, i brought my own grab bag in (interestingly, one of my HSE advisers is a former paramedic and he has reported back it is embarrassing that the sub-contracted site manager is better equipped and trained than their own staff!) going to spend a few hours this afternoon showing the boys how/when to apply a CAT and hebrew wraps, Israeli bandage to most folks.

if anyone here works in an industry where people meet machines please look into stop the bleed, it can genuinely save a life.

Comment

• Sarbie
                  Sarbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm sure Mark from Long Island would love to see those pics DW. Serious stuff!
              Working...
              X