WAYWO this lovely Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAYWO this lovely Friday?

$43 buck Vostok Amphibia for me... 15 dollars worth of parts ordered and once delivered will be as good as new. Taken on a lovely crisp Christchurch morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	158378BC-FE92-4470-ACF2-2D7093F17E4F.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	52413

Not many of these around and in this condition,keeping just about perfect time, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9290.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	52415
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      Just how many watches do you have cyme ?

'A man with 1 watch knows the time, a man with more than 1 watch never really knows'.

• cyma
      cyma commented
      Editing a comment
      But that's good is it not H, and yes to many, don't keep all my eggs in the one basket,lol
      Last edited by cyma; 13-09-19, 15:38.

14 degrees in this part of ChCh now. Got a couple of hours off the farm as youngest is doing driving test. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      LOVE the GT

246 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks H, I chose this over a vintage GT you had for sale at the time, interestingly similar money, the knowledgeable timekeeper who had this for sale suggested i make my own history with this rather than someone else's. On the Isofrane its got a long life ahead with me. Never been opened AFAIK.

Morning all.

Very fortunate and honoured to have been gifted this from my dad. It was his father's, my grandfather's. Presented to my grandad in 1958 my the South Wales Wholesale Dairyman. Other than a receipt for a service in 1970 I haven't had chance to research any further yet.

My Dad rarely wore it and last wore it 7-8 years ago, however just a couple of shakes and off it went. Keeping pretty descent time however I will ensure it is given a light once over when a get back to NZ.

Means a lot and it is quite a stunner in person IMHO.

Have a good weekend all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190912_213852.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.9 KB ID:	52418
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• psyched
      psyched commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow - so awesome, a legacy piece... special

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      Thumbs up for a super nice legacy piece, shit that's quite a special one he

Strap change

Forgot how much fun this strap whoring is

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

Originally posted by Hammers View Post
      Morning all.

Very fortunate and honoured to have been gifted this from my dad. It was his father's, my grandfather's. Presented to my grandad in 1958 my the South Wales Wholesale Dairyman. Other than a receipt for a service in 1970 I haven't had chance to research any further yet.

My Dad rarely wore it and last wore it 7-8 years ago, however just a couple of shakes and off it went. Keeping pretty descent time however I will ensure it is given a light once over when a get back to NZ.

Means a lot and it is quite a stunner in person IMHO.

Have a good weekend all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190912_213852.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.9 KB ID:	52418
      This is the kind of history I think we would all like to create with our purchases. Congratulations on having a part of your own history and it being a significant watch too. I am sure many of us wish we had a similiar story. You must have felt great when that second hand took off.

Comment

Lovely Friday indeed. Something a bit different today.

Name:	IMG_20190913_112307.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	52432

Comment

• retlaw4
          retlaw4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just a little bit of Colonel Walter Kurtz coming out in me.

• sjb
          sjb commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep - the studio made Marlon Brando remove the bezel from his GMT Master so that it wouldn't be recognisable (and look like product placement) which would have ruined the tone of the film)

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that right, didn't; know that (had always though (wrongly) it'd fallen off as they are somewhat prone to do... but they left the Martin Sheen 6105 alone, still massively recognisable piece imo

Thanks for this info

'studio made Marlon Brando remove the bezel from his GMT Master so that it wouldn't be recognisable (and look like product placement) which would have ruined the tone of the film)' - sjb

Love this post, very unique !!

Originally posted by kiwi.bloke View Post
        $43 buck Vostok Amphibia for me... 15 dollars worth of parts ordered and once delivered will be as good as new. Taken on a lovely crisp Christchurch morning.

Name:	158378BC-FE92-4470-ACF2-2D7093F17E4F.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	52413
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

SEIKO SBDX001 for us today.

Have a good weekend ladies & gents

Whoops, date wheels a bit iffy haha
          Last edited by rolex; 13-09-19, 20:29.

Comment

Originally posted by harlansmart View Post
            Love this post, very unique !!
            Was sorely tempted to keep it as is, with the crazed glass, however its perfect underneath and its a prick to read, so will fit the new glass and away we go... must have been a decent impact to break it in the first place.

Comment

Not having the best Fri 13th. Courier has 'lost' package I sent to Christchurch, so that's $1650 I'm out already. Oven quite literally blew up! Molten steel and smoke everywhere - at least Fisher & Paykel are sending somebody out to check even though it's 5 yrs old. After the 3rd attempt from Christopher Ward to get me my watch - ordered on June 15th - they've finally got it as far as somewhere. Where that somewhere is, nobody knows, least of all me. So, even more haggling with them to get another one sent or get my money back. I'm going home before anything really bad happens.

Name:	ChrWard.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	52446

If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

Bulova high over the South Island this morning

Name:	32AE774F-A10A-4171-9AE5-16F733A0D3AB.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	52450

Comment

• protocolphil
                  protocolphil commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dream piece for me this one is

• Guzz
                  Guzz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  very sweet

Seemed apt

Comment

• rolex
                  rolex commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice !

Swapped out to SBDB001
                Glide King woop woop

Last edited by rolex; 13-09-19, 20:30.

Comment

Originally posted by sjb View Post
                  Not having the best Fri 13th. Courier has 'lost' package I sent to Christchurch, so that's $1650 I'm out already. Oven quite literally blew up! Molten steel and smoke everywhere - at least Fisher & Paykel are sending somebody out to check even though it's 5 yrs old. After the 3rd attempt from Christopher Ward to get me my watch - ordered on June 15th - they've finally got it as far as somewhere. Where that somewhere is, nobody knows, least of all me. So, even more haggling with them to get another one sent or get my money back. I'm going home before anything really bad happens.

Name:	ChrWard.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	52446
                  Oh sh!t sjb....terrible day for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X