Clear All

• Waywof 4.10.19

Let's get this party started.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191004_064017.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	53107
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

It's a Tudor for me too. Have a great weekend chaps!

Name:	BB58.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	53109
    If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

Seiko 7t82 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9352.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	53111
      'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

CITIZEN PROMASTER Automatic Diver's 200m "Limited Edition Asia", Gergeti Trinity Church, Kazbegi, Republic of Georgia
        Last edited by Don; 04-10-19, 08:23.
        On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          fantastic shot, how high is that mountain in the centre left distance I wonder... yeah that's a very cool location based watch shot.. 9.75/10 easy

(currently googling location)

• captainscarlet1
          captainscarlet1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Epic shot

Name:	1202D435-21E3-4F5E-A6D8-A3218715806C.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	53114 GS for me today. If someone had told me years ago that I would be so enamoured with a quartz watch, I would have told them to give their head a shake. You live and learn I suppose
        Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          just 1 more step to go CS

• Sarbie
          Sarbie commented
          Editing a comment
          funny i said nearly exactly the same thing on SCWF this morning must have had my antannae out

• captainscarlet1
          Editing a comment
          Haha. I will be misaligning all my bezel pips way before that happens

Something classic for a Friday, snapped earlier this morning.

Pobeda (Victory)
        2nd Moscow Watch Factory

Name:	pba54.png
Views:	79
Size:	722.8 KB
ID:	53116

Have good weekend all.

G

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm always a sucker for steely bleu indicators, that looks nice

My Nicest vintage ,age,patina , stunning watch im wearing it today, took that other big thing of,lol Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9302.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	53118
        'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

6309 in front of today's kit.

Name:	IMG_20191004_100638.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	53120

Comment

Name:	15701413394632749619926869172446.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	53122 Click image for larger version

Name:	15701413916311484937988358500466.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	53123 My strap came in from the Ukraine. I opted for something slightly different length wise. Made the buckle side longer and the tail slightly shorter than normal. I think it's more comfy. Might make it even more so next strap order. ​ ​​​​​​​
          I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            lol, this apparently is the 1st comm's between forum management & Mancaveleather... assume forum management thought this was a spambot, fwiw about 5 attempts to join are made daily (well 1750 in the last 12 months) but only a few each week are actually genuine, the easiest way not to get spambots joining is to physically write to each applicant individually, automated spambots find it difficult to beat that... the Ukraine IP address and somewhat unusual username probably made Mykola's application look a teeny bit spurious to start with I'd guess
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘I mean, is there some way i need to prove it? MCL’

‘Hello!
            Thank you very much for your kind message.
            How can i let you know Im not spam?
            Best regards MCL’

‘Hi Mancaveleather,
            If you want to join TKNZ let us know you are not spam?
            Admin’

‘There is a new user, Mancaveleather at Timekeeper Forum
            IP Address: 79.110.128.191 Ukraine
            To view their profile, go here:
            https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/member/1304-mancaveleather'

• sjb
            sjb commented
            Editing a comment
            I love that he does straight and tapered versions - and for me especially, the XS/S sizing. I think I'll be ordering one or two pretty soon.

• Sarbie
            Sarbie commented
            Editing a comment
            Guys I just sent Mykola (Man Cave Leather) a message on his etsy page to ask if he had signed up and he confirmed it is him...also he said he has not much time. Makes it more personal if you want to get some straps though methinks

Gergeti Trinity Church (Georgian: წმინდა სამება - Tsminda Sameba) is a popular name for Holy Trinity Church near the village of Gergeti in Georgia. The church is situated on the right bank of the river Chkheri (the left tributary of the river Terek), at an elevation of 2170 meters (7120 feet), under Mount Kazbek.

The Gergeti Trinity Church was built in the 14th century, and is the only cross-cupola church in Khevi province. The separate belltower dates from the same period as the church itself. Its isolated location on top of a steep mountain surrounded by the vastness of nature has made it a symbol for Georgia. The 18th century Georgian author Vakhushti Batonishvili wrote that in times of danger, precious relics from Mtskheta, including Saint Nino's Cross were brought here for safekeeping. During the Soviet era, all religious services were prohibited, but the church remained a popular tourist destination. The church is now an active establishment of the Georgian Orthodox and Apostolic Church.

The church is a popular waypoint for trekkers in the area, and can be reached by a steep 1 1/2 hour climb up the mountain.

By December 2018 a paved/tarmac road has been laid up to the base of the church, accessible by any normal car. - Wiki

Ok... right dead centre between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea..

Click image for larger version  Name:	Messages Image(1417802856).png Views:	0 Size:	441.1 KB ID:	53136

Quite pretty indeed:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Khevi%2C_Georgia_—_View_of_Gergeti_Trinity_Church.jpg Views:	0 Size:	238.0 KB ID:	53132

Click image for larger version  Name:	Khevi%2C_Georgia_—_Gergeti_Trinity_Church.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.2 KB ID:	53133

Click image for larger version  Name:	The_Tsminda_Sameba_church%2C_Kazbegi_%283%29.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.5 KB ID:	53134

Click image for larger version  Name:	Gergetis_Tsminda_Sameba.jpg Views:	0 Size:	186.5 KB ID:	53135
          (all shots used w/out Wiki's permission (because they didn't answer the phone)

Mt Kazbek maybe, just over 5000m / 16,000ft

Originally posted by Don View Post

CITIZEN PROMASTER Automatic Diver's 200m "Limited Edition Asia", Gergeti Trinity Church, Kazbegi, Republic of Georgia
          Harlan
          Timekeeper Watch Club
          Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Only one watch for me today, although been sharing with others all week.

Name:	48A7DAE2-5086-492A-9549-787DD2F792E2.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	53139

Comment

Arnie Friday

Comment

• harlansmart
                harlansmart commented
                Editing a comment
                ARNIE, personal favourite of mine, should really have one myself instead of looking at others peoples haha

Nice model NINCA

Originally posted by harlansmart View Post

Mt Kazbek maybe, just over 5000m / 16,000ft

Thank you, Harlan. It was well worth the climb. In my wristshot, Mt Kazbek was behind me, so straight ahead is actually Mt Shani (4,500 m), the ridge of which form the Russia-Georgia boarder. Here's the Gergeti again, shot from the balcony of our guesthouse, with Kazbek towering behind.

On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Gorgeous Pobeda there Gauss and the scenic shots, stunning

Comment

• Gauss
                  Gauss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Brucy, have sent you a PM by the way.

• captainscarlet1
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice bike Brucy. Have you ditched the Triumph for the moody super model?

This Friday morning im wearing bund prototype on Boldr Venture.

Comment

• Sarbie
                  Sarbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome aboard nice bund, looks totally edible, soft and like liquorice.
              Working...
              X