Waywof 8.11.19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waywof 8.11.19?

New watch to kick this weeks WAYWOF. It’s the green hornet today! Ticked quite a few boxes for me. Given I’m not likely to be getting a Panerai any time soon a sandwich dial with no date appealed. Also been wanting different coloured dials that are wearable.

I love the case shape and size. Seems to suit my wrist well and sits perfectly. Retro bracelet is very comfortable as well. Dial colour is somewhat of a departure for me but really really like it. Bonus was the no date dial and movement. Was a limited edition of 250 or so in Green. Also comes in a similar number of blue dial versions. I suspect the purists turned in their graves when it was released as I believe the case and bracelet are Chinese made, but really, isn’t everything these days!

Overall a very useable and wearable watch that is different and unique enough to find a place in the safe. Kinda makes me want the Bronze case version…

Click image for larger version  Name:	D578BE4C-3E09-4B26-B87F-22E718BE4D84.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	95.3 KB ID:	54137
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0AB4DBDE-2728-484D-B0FA-E85091FB8444.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	54138
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AAA5EEA0-4DED-441A-A1C9-7E1766585A93.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	83.2 KB ID:	54139
    Last edited by kiwi.bloke; 08-11-19, 07:23.

Dive into the weekend with Seiko
    US market 7002
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BCCD40B4-DABC-4ABD-B6C6-234D7AD23F52.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	54141

Comment

• rolex
      rolex commented
      Editing a comment
      'Dive' into the weekend, thats a new one!

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Remind me again how old this watch is, please? ...Incredible, isn't it.

The green is choice, but how many do you really need? Remember,

A man with a watch knows the time... a man with 2 watches never really knows

Originally posted by kiwi.bloke View Post
    makes me want the Bronze case version…

Click image for larger version Name:	D578BE4C-3E09-4B26-B87F-22E718BE4D84.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	95.3 KB ID:	54137

Comment

Still wearing this, everyday now for a week. Put the explorer 2 on yesterday and took it off straight away . Think I better do a review and comparison post sometime soon. They really are quite different.

Click image for larger version  Name:	15731606569989184872825633599799.jpg Views:	9 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	54145
      I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

• Sarbie
        Sarbie commented
        Editing a comment
        I even love the tick of the 9F it somehow seems lazy, i think because of the 2 ticks per second and no backlash. Just noticed I managed to get the shot at 10:10. Seem to be channeling DW from earlier in the week with the Michael Bay flare at 12. None of the shot was set up edited, nothing. Taken from a nearly 3 year old cell phone. The watch is just so clean open and clear. The tiny little ridges on top of the indices actually break up light waves. Sit under a fluorescent light and the marker shimmers in a red green blue hologram type effect. Its bloody incredible. The dial is so glossy that even though its black it subtly takes on the colours around it, and did you notice the second hand reflected in the hour hand. I was concerned about the raised centre links on the bracelet but in real life its not a concern. Better stop raving i guess

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        The first GS GMT, the SBGM001 like the one kiwi.bloke has, is one of my favourite GS. This is such a nice re-interpretation of it, and the Bome lugs are lovely. Awesome piece, Sarbie. Congratulation!

• Sarbie
        Sarbie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Don

THE WORLDS TOUGHEST WATCH

CITIZEN Robert Swann
      SUPER TOUGH
      BJ8010-53E
      Promaster
      Eco-Drive
      0x/500

On ‘side of the road made’ Kangaroo strap

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Always brings a smile to see these Robert Swann. Very high-octane speced-to-the-max wrist armour, and I wish Citizen had used the same monocoque case design for the later Eco-Zilla Ti... There is one or two other SS versions on our forum, but this is the top one.

morning espresso time... HAGWE TKNZers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "at least it won't be a down-trou" - Dean Barker 07/09/2013 (PDT)

Comment

Nice, Sarbie!
        I'm still in the honeymoon period with the SBGK005. The dial just keeps you coming back for another look.
        I now have it on my Aaron Pim ostrich strap which really makes the dial pop.

Name:	IMG_20191108_100332.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	54149

Name:	IMG_20191106_121448.jpg
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	54150

Now that I've experienced this zaratsu "mirror finish" polishing, it makes me want to sell a bunch of pieces to buy more Grand Seikos!

Comment

• Sarbie
          Sarbie commented
          Editing a comment
          Great strap!...and GS

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          This piece is pure Credor in a GS. Truly a work of art.

Originally posted by kiwi.bloke View Post
        New watch to kick this weeks WAYWOF. It’s the green hornet today! Ticked quite a few boxes for me. Given I’m not likely to be getting a Panerai any time soon a sandwich dial with no date appealed. Also been wanting different coloured dials that are wearable.

I love the case shape and size. Seems to suit my wrist well and sits perfectly. Retro bracelet is very comfortable as well. Dial colour is somewhat of a departure for me but really really like it. Bonus was the no date dial and movement. Was a limited edition of 250 or so in Green. Also comes in a similar number of blue dial versions. I suspect the purists turned in their graves when it was released as I believe the case and bracelet are Chinese made, but really, isn’t everything these days!

Overall a very useable and wearable watch that is different and unique enough to find a place in the safe. Kinda makes me want the Bronze case version…

Click image for larger version Name:	D578BE4C-3E09-4B26-B87F-22E718BE4D84.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	95.3 KB ID:	54137
        Click image for larger version Name:	0AB4DBDE-2728-484D-B0FA-E85091FB8444.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	54138
        Click image for larger version Name:	AAA5EEA0-4DED-441A-A1C9-7E1766585A93.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	83.2 KB ID:	54139
        Apparently green is the new blue

P. S. Really like it. In particular the bracelet.
        'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          Its true, the bracelet really is 'something else'... maybe it will grown on me hahaha

(not sure if I like it or not)
          Last edited by harlansmart; 08-11-19, 09:22. Reason: spewling

I little steel gold bling to brighten a grey Welly morning.

Have a good weekend all.

Name:	IMG_20191108_082314.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	54154
        'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

I can take or leave hi finish polishing but dial, it's all in the dial treatment, this watch is equipped with typical eye watering GS dial treatment.

Originally posted by retlaw4 View Post
          Nice, Sarbie!
          honeymoon period with the SBGK005.

Now that I've experienced this zaratsu "mirror finish" polishing, it makes me want to sell a bunch of pieces to buy more Grand Seikos!

Name:	IMG_20191106_121448.jpg
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	54150
          Harlan
          Timekeeper Watch Club
          Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Loving everything today - great selections so far. Must get a GS - that zaratsu finishing is unbelievable! Speedy looks pretty boring next to that lot.

Name:	Speedie.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	54158
            If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• harlansmart
              harlansmart commented
              Editing a comment
              You've got way more hand and dials though ye !

Just got this but off to marketplace as I have 1 too many turtles

Comment

• Don
              Don commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice, Ninca. What do you think of the sunburst orange, compared to the usual matte orange on other Seiko divers?

Name:	IMG_9426.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	54165 Citzen
            Last edited by cyma; 08-11-19, 11:03.
            'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Originally posted by rolex View Post
              The green is choice, but how many do you really need? Remember,

A man with a watch knows the time... a man with 2 watches never really knows

Droll... I like to think that a man with 73 watches is never short of time!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammers View Post

Apparently green is the new blue

P. S. Really like it. In particular the bracelet.
                When your sitting in 37 degree temp... it’s a very comfy bracelet! Plenty of ventilation.

Comment

Working...
                X