• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch you wearing Tuesday 3 December

Shanghai Triple Date moonphase

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk

Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

Nice to see that one again Tony. I recall you got in person on a trip to China.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6FAF8A02-9428-4ACE-8A3E-4664972AED44.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	54997

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Gone are the days when a column-wheel controlled megaquartz was so accessibly priced. I used to see many of these Calibre 2100 on eBay, and though I believe a larger number was produced, people who have them now are certainly not putting them on the market very much. Can't seem to find any, new or used, below the NZ$750 mark. Awesome piece of machinery that, had Citizen marketed better, would have received as much respect as Seiko's Spring Drive technology.

Originally posted by anzac1957 View Post
      Shanghai Triple Date moonphase

Tony, I've been looking at Date-pointer type triple date watches, initially vintage 1950s, usually equipped with one of the A Schild triple date movement, e.g. AS 1380. Unfortunately, apart from these older watches not having in-house movements, they are usually very small sub-33mm pieces, fragile due to their age, and rather expensive. A Shanghai B series like yours here (https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...onphase-review )would fit the bill for me, but they are hard to find outside of China. Most Chinese triple date available to me at the moment are easier to execute sub-dial date style, not date pointers.

I have seen some Ingersoll watches with the Shanghai B, but of course, would prefer a Shanghai B inside a Shanghai. Yours is lovely. Thanks for sharing again.
      On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

SEIKO 6R15 "Alpinist" SARB015 from 2006
        On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• psyched
          psyched commented
          Editing a comment
          Seiko certainly produces it's share of stunning timepieces at price points that are impossible to match - so much to like about that one

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolute agree, psyched. Thanks!
      Working...
      X