Clear All

• WAYWOF 7 February 2020

Have a great weekend all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200207_072008.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	56201
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Vintage Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4296.JPG Views:	0 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	56204
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Unbelievably nice condition too

Happy Friday folks.

Comment

Been with this one all week.

Name:	92774D6B-3D1D-4D61-9D6C-C9A46C98A794.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	56208 Have a great weekend folks.
    Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Name:	IMG_20200206_144649_671.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	56210

Comment

Raven DeepTech. Nice bit of kit. Not as big as specs would suggest. With 4 boys about to become teenagers it’s as close as I’ll get to a DeepSea for a few years. Had a few others out for the day but the good old courier prioritised my delivery and came to me early.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FDDC055F-DC91-4F86-8A3B-8F9C9F095772.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	88.2 KB ID:	56212
        Last edited by kiwi.bloke; 07-02-20, 14:16.

Comment

• kiwi.bloke
          kiwi.bloke commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks and I was sold on the big date in minutes of trying it on. Amazing to see the date without needing glasses... why aren’t they all made this size? Bar the end links on the bracelet it’s a very nicely executed package. Hint of a dome to the crystal, legible dial with not to much crap printed on it. Big easy to use crown and a big date. I really like how the bracelet tapers to 18mm and the buckle, which I’ve disliked in the online pictures is very well executed. Lume is meant to be good, not great but overall I’m pretty happy with it - was the big date that sold me on getting one. And love that!

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          You should definitely write a review on it, kiwi.bloke ...Most big date movements that I see tend to place the date at the 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock positions, but I don't think such aesthetics are universally liked. It's nice to find the date where you would normally look for it on your other watches. With the bracelet taper, many of us say we prefer those that don't, whether its for balance or weight, but in my personally experience, those that taper are noticeably more comfortable to wear.

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          I always like that style of hands as well.

First acquisition in some time... doesn’t disappoint

Click image for larger version  Name:	F066FEE1-F72D-4530-BA78-2E25EA746F14.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	83.2 KB ID:	56214 Click image for larger version  Name:	86DF3F61-710B-49B7-8256-9DBD65E447A8.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	114.6 KB ID:	56215

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          WOW! ...that's a first on Timekeeper for these later version, I think? Definitely doesn't disappoint. The first generation Orient Star 300m Saturation, yellow dial that I had many years ago, remains one of my favourite Orient divers. Prices on these new ones certainly make them the most expensive of the non-Orient Star, non-OS Royal.

Not as rare as the OP's single-pusher manual-wind wonder, but another vintage Seiko chronograph...

SEIKO AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH 6138-7000 (1975)
        On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats quite unusual... 6138-7000 hmm

Another scorcher! Have a great weekend watch chums

Name:	GMT.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	56226
        If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

Yup, it’s hot most places today, watch is cool though the Gen I Ti Sammi

HAGWE Kiwi WIS

Comment

Have a good weekend chaps

Comment

• harlansmart
              harlansmart commented
              Editing a comment
              haha looks like you need another !!

Stunner....

Name:	IMG_20200207_203200.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	56243
            'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Working...
            X