Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiwi.bloke
    commented on 's reply
    Dislike. Would have to be an awesome Seiko for me to get a watch with it. Would go old school model every time.

• Hammers
    commented on 's reply
    Like / dislike / indifferent - don't care

• harlansmart
    replied
    Maybe we should have a poll, see who likes and who doesn't like (percentage wise) the Pro Spec X

Leave a comment:

• rolex
    commented on 's reply
    But the actual design of the X doesn't fit with the rest of the scripting as well, it's just fugly, like it's meant to be on a fun $75 toy childs watch with a Mickey Mouse theme...

I mean, just look at it FGS lol it's out of place

• rolex
    commented on 's reply
    And with an 'AUTOMATIC' that has a constant seconds hand, the whole 'AUTOMATIC' line is also a waste IMVHO

They should just do it like the real old ones

SEIKO

PROFESSIONAL
    300m

• kiwi.bloke
    commented on 's reply
    Reality for me is how much less busy the dial would look sans the X.

• Don
    commented on 's reply
    What I would like on the SBDX023, though, is for the seconds hand to be polished steel like on your SBDX001. For me, either all polished steel or all gilt, and it is still weird on mine--looks like the sweep seconds comes from another watch. I was very tempted to pick up a used SBDX001 or SBDX017 instead, and there's even a brand new '017 that I found for sale. However, a Seiko AD here gave me a good price on the '023/SLA021, so went with that.... In the foreseeable future though, your SBDX001 and the 017 will likely be more collectible pieces to own.

• Don
    commented on 's reply
    Hmm… I actually don’t mind it, Harlan haha :D ..I hear this a lot from enthusiasts, and it is hard to pinpoint whether the dislike for the Prospex logo is due to what is perceived as downgrade on aesthetics, or whether it is because these owners want their watches to be clear differentiated, i.e. exclusive, from what they feel are “lesser” Seiko divers. Personally, I feel the inclusion of the X is actually consistent with the inclusiveness that underlies the spirit of Japanese watches, Seiko included. Citizen uses their Promaster logo across a chasm of price ranges, and no one complains, but then again, Citizen doesn’t attract the same crowd as Seiko does.

Again personally, I would love to be in the scenario where a random stranger wearing a Prospex Turtle might mistakenly think that mine is just another variant of his watch ..Inclusiveness is what brought me to Seiko, and in a strange way, the ugly X on this dial embodies that
    Last edited by Don; 14-02-20, 17:43.

• Brucy
    replied
    That Explorer... again is sooo nice and you never get tired of seeing pictures of it!

Early morning Father son breakfast at school and finishing off the day with a nice wee drop of the black stuff... goes with the black face!

Leave a comment:

• psyched
    commented on 's reply
    Magnificent!!

• psyched
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t mind the X fwiw... seems I’m in the minority... just a beautiful diver regardless imo

• rolex
    commented on 's reply
    I love that model on a Zulu, nearly as cool as my GEAR S GALAXY lol

• rolex
    commented on 's reply
    Cool look, like the Sensei says, 'great mix', I like

• rolex
    commented on 's reply
    Now, if you can just take a VIVID marker to the fugly X.

Does anyone like the fugly X ?

• rolex
    replied
    SEIKO "PROFESSIONAL 300m" Automatic SBDX001

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk Ultimate Anniversary Edition

Leave a comment:

Working...
X