Clear All

• WAYWOF 20th March

Wearing this all week with a strap change. Be safe everyone

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	57011
    "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It can not be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell" - Buddha

This would have a few buggerd for time and date adjustment, nice watch. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9789.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	57013
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

• Tempus
      Tempus commented
      Editing a comment
      Interested to know why it different to other watches. The citizen accutron took a bit of research until I discovered that it needed to held upside down for date change

• cyma
      cyma commented
      Editing a comment
      To set date and hour ,pull crown out advance hr to correct date and same for hour, push crown in for 3-5 secs release and push back in to advance minute hand, same for second hand hold to correct time and release. that's best I can explain. that's alot different to a normal watch.
      Last edited by cyma; 20-03-20, 18:23.

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      That's very interesting, Pete. Casio has some Analog and Ana-Digi watches that don't have a crown, and here's one example... https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...r-wts-titanium ...The way the hands are set is similar to what you described of this Tissot. Tempus has a vintage G-Shock Analog that does a similar thing.

Big week for me watch-wise this week. My work advised us earlier this month that they had been incorrectly paying for paid break times for years and would backpay what we were owed mid-month, gave me some spare change that I used to pick up something that had been on my mind for a long time, and am glad to share it with you all this Friday.

The majority of the watches I have bought are ones that I love to wear, but don’t believe NZ watchmakers will work on them if issues arise unfortunately, so I thought to myself the next time I buy something I really want one that both looks good and can be worked on in the future without too much of a cost to myself. Might be a cliché choice but I think it’s popular for a good reason.

Used an express shipping option to get it to me amid all the craziness at the moment. The case has great lines and a reserved size, a decent movement and versatile killer looks – the bracelet is fine for me even with its minor flaws, and I’m looking forward to trying all sorts of straps with this one, although I have luckily managed to get a great fit on the bracelet as well (which seems to be a complaint among a lot of owners). It’s not an expensive watch comparative to a lot of others, but it is easily the most I have ever spent on one in 2 or so years in this hobby and I hope to have it for a long time.

Seiko SARB033

Some photos from earlier this morning:

Hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe during these uncertain times.

G

Comment

• Scouser
      Scouser commented
      Editing a comment
      Timeless, very eligible.....

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      What he said 'Timeless, very legible' and great work on the coffee break situation !

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 to all the above! ...SARB033 is, IMO, the quintessential Seiko mechanical gents watch--everything great about Seiko gents mechanical, including the essential value-for-money factor went into this piece. Having being discontinued in 2018, you are very wise to grab one while they can still be found, as I don't think any of the Presage that replaced the model hit the mark like the '033. I'd really love to read a review from you on this one when you find time, Gauss.

Name:	image_5619.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	57016 3133 movement again.....
    While i'm not as good as i once was.....i'm as good once as i ever was.......!

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      what is it about these things, they just have so much character, this is a very cool looking piece Scouser 11/10

Love the lume, the orange, the 'loads of pushers' and love the starburst case finish

Way Cool

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      What H said... Has a real 1970s sci-fi retro-futuristic-dystopia vibe to it

Stuck at home in isolation doing my tax return today. What fun...

Name:	20200320_114853~2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	57019

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a mega striking combo.

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Rolex should definitely have offered the Yacht-Master with straps like these--brings out the head more, IMO.

• Scouser
      Scouser commented
      Editing a comment
      That strap is gorgeous.....

Last edited by LeroyC; 20-03-20, 12:02.

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      10:30 thats morning coffee time yaaay

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      You must be keeping track of GMT+10? ...not many places on GMT-2, I don't think.

• LeroyC
      LeroyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Don I actually usually have it on GMT+7 as my brother lives in Jakarta, however it looks like this is actually on GMT+10 for AEST and hasn’t been adjusted since DST started here last spring. So it’s currently accurate for Queensland and that’s about it.

Bronze Seaforth. Very happy with my final setup. Blue Eulit perlon with the OEM bronze buckle fitted. Have some more on order for a few other watches - I think a blue perlon will look awesome on the teal / blue Seiko Jumbo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20 March.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	57024

Hard to believe but that is a blue metallic dial and blue Eulit perlon!

Comment

• Gauss
      Gauss commented
      Editing a comment
      The bronze is taking on a nice looking patina, cool watch!

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Contrast of the two textures on a common tone is pleasing.

Originally posted by kiwi.bloke View Post
    Bronze Seaforth. Very happy with my final setup. Blue Eulit perlon with the OEM bronze buckle fitted. Have some more on order for a few other watches - I think a blue perlon will look awesome on the teal / blue Seiko Jumbo.

Click image for larger version Name:	20 March.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	57024

Hard to believe but that is a blue metallic dial and blue Eulit perlon!
    I'm hoping it will get the same patina as this one.

Name:	9FF7F441-09E7-4FFE-8505-1F7DAD3F33F9.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	57032

Comment

Very nice showcasing today on previous posts

I think I have the honour of the most inexpensive watch on this thread. You know it's crazy when one of your most favourite watches also happens to be the easiest on the pocket. When that happens, the dial usually has "Автоподзавод" (Automatic) on it

VOSTOK "AMPHIBIA Classic" 170 on Diloy Vintage distressed cowhide
      On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here ...This is actually my first 170 Case, Gauss, though I still can't tell the difference between this and the 150 Case, apart from the brushed finish. I'm liking the sandwich dial a lot, and it makes the dial legible from a wider angle than conventional one-piece type. Great that Chistopol includes on this Vostok's signature paddle hands, and for some odd reason, I prefer its regular run-of-the-mill Amphibia case back to the Special Edition ones.

• kiwi.bloke
        kiwi.bloke commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m hoping they’ll release this dial in a 710 case... probably a good excuse for some lock down modding, but with Russian shipping times, be all over by then.

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        @ kiwi.bloke ...Yeah, I think this dial would suit a 710 too. I do like the 710 Ministry case for the reason that it has more ties to historical Amphibia. Re Russian shipping time, I've found that it has a lot to do with the destination country. When I was in Auckland, 4 weeks transit time is the norm, but from Chistopol to Bangkok, only around 7 business days, so 1 1/2 weeks.

Have a great weekend all.

Name:	IMG_20200320_161944.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	57036
      'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Have great weekends all ⌚️

Comment

Working...
        X