Waywof 27.3.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waywof 27.3.20

Day 2. First WAYWOF of a few during lock down period. Take care all, follow the rules and we will collectively nail this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200327_080858.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	57117
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Very nice vintage Tissot, take care all. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9802.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	57119
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Name:	447D2351-E3D9-4D50-B4ED-146137BC5D2F.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	57121 Virus watch #1. Finally got one. Home run. Love it.

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, kiwi.bloke, congratulations! Movement from the heyday of quartz, and I like how this piece has applied it, i.e. omitting the accumulator sub-dials makes adds a refreshing intrigue to the features of the watch.

"#1" means more to come? :-O ;D

• kiwi.bloke
        kiwi.bloke commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife feels we should support local businesses during this period and use the take away curb side food options. I prefer to interpret as needling to support international commerce. I have a strange desire for 3 watches in particular. All a little different in their own way. Just have to wait for the right one to pop up and pacific peso to recover...

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I'm trying to do both too. As I don't have any of the more vulnerable types living with me at the moment, I can still leave home, with proper precautions, and do my part to support local groceries and takeaway food vendors. At the same time, one watch package inbound from overseas, though am expecting a longer-than-usual transit time, especially out of the origin country.

Some (hopefully) decent whisky arrived at my doorstep this morning so the wife and I are happy. Never tried either before.

Name:	20200327_155824~2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	57123

I havent been well since arriving back from States but been feeling better and slowly getting back into home workouts which is feeling good. As a casual bodybuilder resistance training without a gym is difficult! But no excuses, right?

Stay safe guys.

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear that you've been under the blues, and glad to hear it is blowing over.

Here in Thailand, state of emergency came into effect yesterday, and likely to last for the whole of April. Not too bad so far, just inconvenient at times.

SEIKO PROFESSIONAL Automatic 300m SBDX023/SLA021
      On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• Hammers
        Hammers commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Don, whats your assessment of this model?

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Hammers, proper assessment is not easy, and I don't think as simple as many watch YouTubers make it out to be. I was asked this same question by email from a watch-collecting friend who owns an MM300 SBDX001, and my reply to him was 30 paragraphs long :P ...I don't want to bore others here, so if you don't mind, I'll PM you over the weekend?

• Hammers
        Hammers commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Don, I'll look out for that, a little extra spare time at present, at least at the weekend....

Stuck at work. Will be here for a few hours yet apparently.

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        I've always found something alluring about ISO divers from Pulsar and Alba (depending what market you're in). They are Seiko inside, engineered like Seiko, but designed with what looks like complete freedom. I don't know for a fact, nor have even heard about such, but it feels to me like there must be some sort of constraint all Seiko divers, even the boldest ones, need to adhere to--something about the proportion and stance (borrowing from automotive, for lack of a better word). Design-wise, Pulsar and Alba divers just roam wild!

Just been to the CV-19 acquisitions department (aka College Hill New World) w/SEIKO SBBN007/013/031

Comment

Working...
      X