Waywof 5-1-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waywof 5-1-2020

Will kick of with this old Mido, mulitfort I think, be happy when this covids all over. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9822.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	57887
    Attached Files
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Omegamatic on a brown croc strap (thanks Don).

Have a great weekend all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200501_083738.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	57890
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Hammers
      Hammers commented
      Editing a comment
      At least from this shot no one can see the incorrect date

• LeroyC
      LeroyC commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see it quite clearly Bryn!!

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      The genuine croc does go really well with the Omega, Hammers Nice contrast of colour and texture. Thanks!

Obviously neither myself nor Bryn need our watches to check the date.

i have a packet of pure Trade Me gold here.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200501_084402[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.7 KB ID:	57892

and to help the government, citizens and those of us lucky enough to be working under the current 'guidelines' understand exactly what Ms J.A and the authorities are saying please see below...

DWs guide to level 3....

1. You MUST NOT leave the house for any reason, but if you have a reason, you can leave the house

2. Masks are useless at protecting you against the virus, but you may have to wear one because it can save lives, but they may not work, but they may be mandatory, but maybe not

3. Shops are closed, except those shops that are open

4. You must not go to work. Unless you have to because you can’t work at home. Then it’s ok unless your business doesn’t want you to. Then you must stay home or you can get another job and go to work

5. You should not go to the Drs or to the hospital unless you have to go there, unless you are too poorly to go there

6. This virus can kill people, but don’t be scared of it. It can only kill those people who are vulnerable or those people who are not vulnerable. It’s possible to contain and control it, sometimes, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster

7. Gloves won't help, but they can still help so wear them sometimes or not

8. STAY HOME, but it's important to go out if you need to. But only for essentials. Or exercise. Or to pick up paint.

9. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarkets, but there are many things missing. Sometimes you won’t need loo rolls but you should buy some just in case you need some

10. The virus has no effect on children except those children it affects

11. Animals are not affected, but there was a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

12. Stay 2 metres away from tigers (see point 11)

13. You will have many symptoms if you get the virus, but you can also get symptoms without getting the virus, get the virus without having any symptoms or be contagious without having symptoms, or be non contagious with symptoms...it's a sort of lucky/unlucky dip

14. To help protect yourself you should eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand as it's better not to go to the shops, unless you need toilet roll or a fence panel

15. It's important to get fresh air but don't go to parks but go for a walk. But don’t sit down, except if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant or if you’re not old or pregnant but need to sit down. If you do sit down don’t eat your picnic, unless you've had a long walk, which you are/aren't allowed to do if you're old or pregnant

16. Don’t visit old people but you have to take care of the old people and bring them food and medication so you can visit them then

17. If you are sick, you can go out when you are better but anyone else in your household can’t go out when you are better unless they need to go out. But if you aren’t better don’t go out till later.

18. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house. These deliveries are safe. But groceries you bring back to your house have to be decontaminated outside for 3 hours including frozen pizza...

19. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but they can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver

20. You are safe if you maintain the safe social distance when out but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours ... or four hours...or six hours... I mean days, not hours... But it needs a damp environment. Or a cold environment that is warm and dry... in the air, as long as the air is not plastic

22. Schools are closed so you need to home educate your children, unless you can send them to school because you’re not at home. If you are at home you can home educate your children using various portals and virtual class rooms, unless you have poor internet, or more than one child and only one computer, or you are working from home. Baking cakes can be considered maths, science or art. If you are home educating you can include household chores within their education. If you are home educating you can start drinking at 10am

23. If you are not home educating children you can also start drinking at 10am

24. The number of corona related deaths will be announced daily but we don't know how many people are infected as they are only testing those who are almost dead to find out if that's what they will die of… the people who die of corona who aren’t counted won’t or will be counted but maybe not.

25. We should stay in lvl3 until the virus stops infecting people but it will only stop infecting people if we all get infected so it’s important we get infected and some don’t get infected

26. You can join your neighbours for a street party and turn your music up for an outside disco and your neighbours won’t call the police. People in another street are allowed to call the police about your music whilst also having a party which you are allowed to call the police about

27. No business will go down due to Coronavirus except those businesses that will go down due to Coronavirus
    Last edited by deerworrier; 01-05-20, 10:13.
    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• psyched
      psyched commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice - the world is truly weird when it's virtually impossible to tell satire from reality...

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Best laugh of the day so far :D Thanks DW! ...I was actually reading your post in my head, in the PM's voice and tone. Not sure what is more disturbing between the guideline or the fact that I can read in JA's voice in my head :P

• Hammers
      Hammers commented
      Editing a comment
      When you said Corona related death, exactly how many bottles of corona does that take on average?

Old faithful, old school sumo

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

• LeroyC
      LeroyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Great photo Pete.

Have a great day guys

“I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      Classic Chrono Sir

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Choice background

Old crusty for most of this past week. Bloody brilliant watches these.....everyone should have one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0852DAFF-45CE-46F8-B5B0-B90112E98048.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	57897

Have a great weekend chaps.
    Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      7548 or 7C43?

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, ignore me.

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, don't be.. You predicted the future. There's a 7C43 appearing now on the next page

7002 on rubber today

Name:	IMG_20200501_090543.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	57899

Comment

Great 7002 and great to see it again.

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 ...I'll do a write-up one day on why the 150m 7002, not the 62MAS, is the true Origin of modern Seiko Automatic Divers (4R36 and 6R15/6R35)

Pm change to 8110 on NATO, with correct date!

Name:	IMG_20200501_124130.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	57905
      'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• harlansmart
        harlansmart commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you fixed the date issue.

Situation earlier was very disappointing to say the least.

• Hammers
        Hammers commented
        Editing a comment
        Point taken and I have severely reprimanded myself

Maybe should have worn a Seiko, but Datejust it is

Name:	DJ.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	57910
      If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

Posting SEIKO ARNIE H558 on behalf of tigermantis

tigermantis passed the watch on to his brother, who I have just wished a Happy Birthday!

Click image for larger version  Name:	60998849479__5450F41C-8261-404B-9C78-8F6C6177B965.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	48.5 KB ID:	57912

Stoked that his brother is wearing his favourite watch on his birthday

Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

CITIZEN today ⌚️

Name:	Messages Image(987648765).png
Views:	101
Size:	975.5 KB
ID:	57916
          Last edited by rolex; 01-05-20, 14:44.

Comment

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, thanks mate,

Serial # One D One Million & 21

But can't work out how I prefer it... have 2 different types of adaptors at hand but seem to recall there being a 3rd type... think thats what I need (typical). Will have to do some research (i.e. look in my computer for old pix see what the 3rd design was).

Just went jogging 12km with it on a 22mm ZULU and the ti ring adaptor sized for 24, worked well... um, FWIW it seems to look better w/a 22mm strap vs. 24mm.

I'll still have yours too when you're ready too please Sir.

Serial #: 1D1000021

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            Three now on Timekeeper, unless someone's got one hidden somewhere. We should do a 'Zilla roll call?

Re the strap size, I think the original proprietary set was designed to limit the horizontal rocking movement, especially for wearers like me, who tend not to wear watches too tight whether bracelet or straps. Aesthetically, smaller width straps would, IMO, achieve a more balanced overall look, à la Seiko Tuna. On adapters, I can only imagine the issue would be the same, so if you wear the watch firmly fitted on your wrist, narrower straps might do fine.

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmmm,

Someone really needs to make a better designed set of adaptors for the things, I am sure there was a 3rd design, I'll have to 'actually look'...

More with solid square bent titanium lugs/bars in 1 pce that kept it nice and tight & svelte

Click image for larger version  Name:	69A425AC-CC9B-44A1-92A4-F82046C3102B.jpeg Views:	29 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	57923

As Don pointed out recently, this Citizen could have made an appearance on Good Friday.
          In the spirit of better late than never, here today is a chocolate coloured pvd coated Citizen flyback chronograph, the Challenge Timer.

Comment

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            Easter and chocolate...never too late. That case finish is very unique, isn't it.

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            BULL HEAD

Love it, is that case coating OEM ?

• Tempus
            Tempus commented
            Editing a comment
            As far as I know this is essentially NOS, with some signs that it was not looked after particularly well while in stock.

Spent the lockdown (enjoyed DW's accurate perspective above) at the beach... much better for sanity, but only my favourite watch and the Zixen... but something that's divisive incoming

Comment

Originally posted by cyma View Post
          Will kick of with this old Mido, mulitfort I think... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9822.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	57887
          Very nice dial on this one, Pete ...Quite a bit earlier than a Multifort, which was introduced in 1936. Your Mido likely came from around 1930, and the movement was likely based Felsa. The watch would have been a direct competitor to the Rolex Prima of the period, which had Aegler-sourced movements, and quality is similar.

Both Mido and Rolex were relatively youngish watch manufacturers at the time, and they competed to produce waterproof watches--something non-existent in those days. Rolex beat Mido with the Oyster, and the Multifort was Mido's answer to that watch, though the Mido one-up with automatic self-winding and became the first waterproof automatic watch.
          On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• cyma
            cyma commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for that Don, I thought it was more 40s, Pete.

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries, it would be very logical to think so, Pete. I think during the first half of the 20th Century, advances in watches were not uniformly spread throughout the world, so something like this would have still being available in certain regions during the 1940s. For instance, Japanese watchmaking at that time was about a decade behind the Swiss, so WWII-era Seikosha would look very much like your Mido.
        Working...
        X