• Waywof 15.5.20

Level 2. Churrrrr

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5973.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	58382
    Last edited by Admin; 15-05-20, 12:31.
    Actively seeking Tuna of all shapes and sizes...to hunt your pride of lions...

i was a lot happier at LVL4 & 3. it seems kiwis are only interested in filling up shops to buy pointless crap they lived without for 7weeks and driving like retards every morning. nice to see after all the nonsense people still think 5ft is a safe following distance at 100kph

on the up side, tuna today and a wee bit of Venison going in the slow cooker for the boys its great when the fun police have to do their site business remotely.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tuna15th.jpg Views:	4 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	58384
    Surf 'n Turf
    Last edited by deerworrier; 15-05-20, 09:48.
    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• LeroyC
      LeroyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Tell me about it. Can't believe we didn't work out a way to ban tradies from driving during lockdown. Some of the stuff I've seen since Level 3 started has just been ridiculous, although not surprising unfortunately.

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      Maaate, this is exactly the sentiment I got from someone yesterday, saying the exact same thing as you.

'Tell me about it. Can't believe we didn't work out a way to ban tradies from driving during lockdown. Some of the stuff I've seen since Level 3 started has just been ridiculous, although not surprising unfortunately.' - LeroyC

4hrs to go...

Name:	20200515_074336[1].jpg
Views:	93
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	58386
    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough... I should have know, apologies.

And the piece of meat is exactly what ?

• deerworrier
      deerworrier commented
      Editing a comment
      it is the top of the back leg (Haunch) from a fallow i met on tuesday
      Last edited by deerworrier; 15-05-20, 14:52.

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      Yip, was guessing that much (plainly not a rabbit back steak) but I mean what did it weigh & how did the 4hrs work out Sir?

Few of us have a wee bet on the heart rate of that slab at the 4h mark

Good shot too, deerworrier,

uzi:

Skx171,

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9881.JPG Views:	0 Size:	124.7 KB ID:	58388
    Last edited by Admin; 15-05-20, 12:33.
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sturmanskie  #2 (1-).jpg Views:	12 Size:	183.4 KB ID:	58393

Poljot Sturmanskie.......3133
      Last edited by Admin; 15-05-20, 13:03.
      While i'm not as good as i once was.....i'm as good once as i ever was.......!

Comment

• Gauss
        Gauss commented
        Editing a comment
        One of my favourite chronograph designs ever, those 3133s are so cool!

Hey Everyone,

Just joined the forum. Looking forward to learn more about watches and have some interesting discussions.

Name:	Tissot Bascule.png
Views:	136
Size:	655.8 KB
ID:	58402

Comment

• psyched
        psyched commented
        Editing a comment
        That is stylish... very cool looking Tissot

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to Timekeeper, vm100in ...I think it was very smart how Tissot turned the ETA Quartz Chronograph 251.471 upside-down to achieve the Bascule chrono. Like the rectangular case also—must give it a great wrist presence.

• Scouser
        Scouser commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the forum, cool looking timepiece to start off.....

Hey there New Member vm100in yourself, welcome!

PS: That s a good start, a nice looking curving 'Tank' chrono on leather

Originally posted by vm100in View Post
      Hey Everyone,

Just joined the forum. Looking forward to learn more about watches and have some interesting discussions.

Name:	Tissot Bascule.png
Views:	136
Size:	655.8 KB
ID:	58402
      Harlan
      Timekeeper Watch Club
      New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Arrived this morning - one of the Citizen Leopard high-beats that they produced for a little while in the 1970s. The 7700-series movements had a few variations across the number of jewels (24, 26, 28 and 31) and beats per hour between 28,800 and 36,000. Managed to snag this one dated to September 1973 in good condition with all original parts including the bracelet and the 'CTZ' signed crown. From what I have read these are high-quality movements that were near the peak of Citizen's automatic offerings at the time.

The 7710 movement inside this particular watch runs at 28,800 and has a real quirky day/date quickset function. Depending on the position of the watch, pushing the crown in will change either the day or date - with 12 o'clock up it flicks the date forward, while inverting the watch around to have 6 o'clock up flicks the day of the week. I'd like to know more about the specific mechanism in the movement that allows for this (a positional lever of some sort?) but it's very weird and interesting.

Old and new(er) together:

The case has really nice angular lines and is a comfortable size, the dial is clear and legible and has a subtle striped finish that is visible in certain light. I haven't had a high-beat movement before and this feels like a nice way to start, looking forward to wearing it today and over the weekend.

Have a good weekend all!

G
        Last edited by Gauss; 15-05-20, 13:24.

Comment

• deerworrier
          deerworrier commented
          Editing a comment
          that could be in a shop window today and be sold as the latest iteration. lovely thing.

• rolex
          rolex commented
          Editing a comment
          Beaut watch, love to know how it senses which wheel to adjust based on case position.

Probably uses a computer of some sort.

• LeroyC
          LeroyC commented
          Editing a comment
          Now THAT is a nice watch!!

Name:	15 May.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	58410

Comment

• LeroyC
          LeroyC commented
          Editing a comment
          I liked this so much when you posted it the other day I went searching. Sadly it's well out of my price range. Cool watch though.

• kiwi.bloke
          kiwi.bloke commented
          Editing a comment
          They go second hand for well under half retail. It’s a nice watch, Bracelet is excellent for what it is and it’s not one you see every day. I enjoy having one in the box.

There is also a rubber strap metal case version instead, that I same close to buying, but my gorilla wrists prevented it fitting.

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Leroy, I was in the same boat as you, and didn't have that much to spend on these new full-metal. However, I discovered the original late-1990s MR-G full-metal, and I got my fix. They are affordable, collectible, and, provided you buy well, no depreciation.

2011 SEIKO SBDX001
        MARINEMASTER
        PROFESSIONAL
        'KP-LE'
        300m

Via Tapatalk + NOKIA 3210
        Image Sized Medium
        1024 x 768 pixels

Comment

• LeroyC
          LeroyC commented
          Editing a comment
          What the hell is that watch attached to!!!!!!!

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          Wouldn't you like to hold it ?

HAGWE TKNZers!
        Go alert level 2 crazy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "at least it won't be a down-trou" - Dean Barker 07/09/2013 (PDT)

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          Very purposeful.

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder how many Frogs we have on TKNZ...

Name:	IMG_20200515_081058.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	58414

Have a good weekend all
        'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Scouser
          Scouser commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the orange accents on that dial....

Originally posted by andrewing View Post
        Level 2. Churrrrr

Name:	image_5973.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	58382
        I'm Batman.

Comment

Aramex and NZ Post are really struggling - or personally targeting me - Lockdown watch still not here FFS

Making do with the OS300 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0159.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	58425

Comment

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually, ARAMEX aka SLOWwayz have always been struggling, their performance, which is as always totally non existent.

SPEWING

• psyched
            psyched commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting, taking the piss a bit and getting frustrated. Now say they’ve passed to NZ post who have yet to scan. Long wait and I’m getting twitchy

Lord Matic today. Have a great weekend chaps - don't go too mad

Name:	Lord.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	58428
          If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• Guzz
            Guzz commented
            Editing a comment
            Lovely. I have a soft spot for the Lord Matic. Really good value for money and so many variants. I think I've commented on this one before and said the same thing - this is a nice early one without the LM badge on the dial. I would guess very early 1968??

• sjb
            sjb commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks - it's a lovely piece. Had it for quite a while and it keeps great time for its age. It is August 68 judging by the serial. Also got a King Seiko from 72 but don't wear that one nearly as much

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            We're lucky to see both the Seiko Lord Matic and its competitor, the Citizen Leopard, on the same page today )
        Working...
        X