Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don
    commented on 's reply
    kiwi.bloke, I would be interested too. In my views, if Seiko were the company that they were a decade ago, we would see either a 6139 Pogue or 6138 Jumbo remake by now. I think Seiko’s game plan has changed, especially as the 6138 Bullhead Re-Issue (SCEB009) wasn’t met with warmly due to being quartz—mecaquartz not withstanding. Their game plan now is to first introduced an upmarket Automatic Chronograph LE first, then wait awhile to release a mainstream automatic chrono model at a third of the price, which will then be where the $$ are made.

However, Seiko doesn’t currently have an entry-level automatic chronograph like an ETA/Valjoux 7750, and their lowest spec auto-chrono is the 8R48 column-wheel chronograph. I think they will wait until they start manufacturing an entry-level chrono, which, I predict, will be a modular chronograph movement based on the 6R Automatic. They already have the technology for this—Dani 701x Automatic Fly-back chronograph of the 1970s was a modular chrono based on the Cal 7006, which is the great-grandfather of the 6R. So, I think we’ll see first NZ$4k+ Automatic Chronograph Re-Edition LE of either the Pogue/Jumbo/Bullhead, then afterwards many NZ$1.5k versions to harvest the market.

• Don
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, exactly what I thought about the Auto-Zilla when I first saw it in the flesh many years ago, but then...

Oh, just remembered. pedro24 does own a vintage Aqualand C020.

• Don
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!

• kiwi.bloke
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, agree. I thought this year would be the year for reissue. I’ll probably get one if they do and it’s same case size and not to ‘blingie’. A near exact copy with the mecaquatrz movement would be nice. I’m sure an auto would be a seller (could they get it to a decent price point?)
    Last edited by kiwi.bloke; 23-05-20, 01:39.

• Artemis12
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good on the NATO, Rolex

• Artemis12
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely one sweet piece deerworrier

• Artemis12
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good Don

• Artemis12
    commented on 's reply
    Lol that is one monstrous watch!!! that should be kept safe and well in the dive bag

• Don
    commented on 's reply
    AWESOME addition, Artemis12! Congratulations! ...not sure if we even have an Aqualand, old or new, on Timekeeper currently. I will try to limit staring at your watch, because I'm trying not to think about the 1000m BN7020-09E, though it keeps creeping into my thoughts :/ :D

• Don
    commented on 's reply
    Best on bracelet with the correct end-link like yours here, I think. I bet too that the -300x Jumbo will be re-editioned sometime in the future.

• Artemis12
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200522_192858.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	58592 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200522_192709.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	58591 Time to introduce the newest member to the clan Bn2029 on an orange rubber borealis.

Leave a comment:

• kiwi.bloke
    replied
    Likewise

Name:	8DCF089A-DBBF-4E22-BA81-90100AD82C65.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	58589

Name:	E215CABD-9F1A-4C2E-A300-47C2E4E5F82D.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	58588

Leave a comment:

• protocolphil
    replied
    Better late then never. Have a fantastic weekend everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Mine has a lot of work to do before contending

1959 MIDO "MULTIFORT Superautomatic" Powerwind (Cal. 917P)

Leave a comment:

• Don
    commented on 's reply
    Also need to relocate to north of Bombay.
Working...
X