Waywof 10-7-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waywof 10-7-2020

Citizen call this the NightHawk WR200, Eco-Drive. i call it hard to see. photo has enhanced it alot,,different for sure.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9980.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	60003
    Last edited by cyma; 10-07-20, 09:11.
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Have a good day all Click image for larger version

Name:	E58DCA5E-B944-469F-A1B5-799F9C779E92.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	60005
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Still on the wrist. Have bought other watches but they just go in the safe.
      In the past I've always bought watches that pair well with certain clothes, but this one doesn't match anything - So I wear it with everything

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200710_105923.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	60007

Comment

• woodstock
        woodstock commented
        Editing a comment
        PERFECT THEN !!!

'this one doesn't match anything
        So I wear it with everything'

Monster meets Alpinist

Name:	12FE5272-6294-43DF-8988-DC8526AA24CD.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	60010

Comment

• kiwi.bloke
        kiwi.bloke commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’s old one? Glad it went to someone here. I came close to taking the plunge myself. Nice looker.

• Tempus
        Tempus commented
        Editing a comment
        I did in fact get this watch in new condition from Don. I let my orange monster go to a forum member who needed it more than me and this has partly filled the space. It has the 6r15 movement which also sets it apart from the other monsters.

I have something of an embarrassing story today, but its Friday so I'll share it here for a laugh if nothing else! A courier arrived earlier and I've spent the morning fixing problems all of my own creation from not being able to leave things alone.

This afternoon I'm wearing the SARB033, but this morning I wasn't, and for a good while before today I wasn't wearing it all. It arrived with me right before lockdown but unfortunately had quite a few cosmetic issues (chapter ring alignment was off, hands way off hitting the hour markers, 12 o'clock marker crooked, a large bit of grit floating around inside the with the dial).

I don't really mind one or two little things like that but getting them all in one go was a bit disheartening. Returning it wasn't practical with everything closed so I tried to fix it as best I could, for the most part it went fine although a lot more dust than I expected got on to the dial and the static really keeps it there.

But the crooked 12 o'clock marker kept bugging me, and in my attempt to gently adjust it after softening the glue on the dial my tweezers slipped and went right through the plastic film I was covering the dial with and put a nice big scratch between 11 and 12. So after ordering a new OEM dial before the stock runs out (SARB033 is now discontinued, so the dial was eye-wateringly expensive for what it is), I also geared up with some proper cleaning compound to pick off the dust that the static keeps attached to the crystal and dial and to clean up the hands after reattaching:

Picture of my previous handiwork (or lack of!) and the ugly slice it took out of the lovely dial the SARB has. I had also really gotten the hour markers dirty which doesn't show in the photo:

After working with the eccentric screws that the 6R15 uses to secure the dial feet I put the hands back on, thankfully no slip ups this time, and the new dial has an aligned chapter ring too which is a bonus. The A*F cleaning compound took care of all the dust that the air blower couldn't get rid of, and now I can really start to enjoy the watch. The new dial is pristine with no dirt and dust, and minus any big scratches too!

Don't do what I did and fiddle around too much with your nicer watches! Have a good weekend all!

G

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! Fantastic story, complete with exposition, rise, climax, fall, and denouement ...Sorry that it costed you a dial, but as I commented previously, you're a lot more brave than I am

• Hammers
        Hammers commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks perfect now. Great work

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_6387.jpg Views:	15 Size:	79.1 KB ID:	60014 Thanks for sharing your experience G!

Have a great weekend all.

Enjoying this little gem from Island Watches today.
      Last edited by Hammers; 10-07-20, 18:09.
      'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

SEA-GULL “Limited Edition D304" Chronograph

Tianjin Seagull introduced this LE in 2010, as a faithful rendition of the Chinese Air Force's second generation aviator watch, project code "304" of the late-1960s. The movement is Seagull's in-house manual-wind column-wheel chronograph ST1901, a direct descendant of Tianjin Watch Factory-produced Venus 175 that powered the original Project 304. The 37mm case and acrylic crystal are true to the original.
        On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• Gauss
          Gauss commented
          Editing a comment
          A lot of companies are using the ST19 series these days - I can only assume it is due to overall solid performance as well as the accessible price.

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Gauss, we see the ST19 in many other non-Sea-Gull watches too, but they are all boutique- and micro-brands, who assemble their watches from made-to-order components paired with a movement from a movement manufacturer. They choose Seagull because it is the world's largest producer of mechanical movement, thus plentiful supply. Large Manufacturers, like Seagull and Citizen, also offer OEM service using their movements, i.e. end-to-end production and assembly for small brands that have no manufacturing capability. When it comes to manual-winding chronographs, there is really no other real-world choice for micro-brands, with the only other affordable source of movement being the Russian-made Poljot 3133, which is a cam-lever actuated chronograph and currently powers Maktime chronos.

Seagull would be the more reliable supplier, with stable supply chain and heaps of choices for case/dial, compared to the Poljot.

From the buyer's perspective, the next level manual-wind chronograph on the market is the Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" (NZ$6.2k), which despite its history and prestige is a cam-lever chrono and inferior specs compared the the Seagull ST19. In fact, if one is specifically after a manual-wind column-wheel chronograph, the next level price tier is actually the Vacheron&Constantin Malte Ref. 47120 (NZ$28k) and the Patek Philippe Ref. 5170J (NZ$90k). So, an ST19 is a no-brainer

• Tempus
          Tempus commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice Don

Name:	4C8B44F8-DE91-484C-97C5-70C9691183A7.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	60028 Started today with another view, but quite a different one to yesterday.

Comment

Seiko UFO. Given up glaring at the front door waiting for the courier to arrive. Monday I guess.

Name:	10 July.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	60033

Comment

• Artemis12
            Artemis12 commented
            Editing a comment
            These are awesome kb, what size are they??

• kiwi.bloke
            kiwi.bloke commented
            Editing a comment
            The Seiko UFO? Or Yachtman to some. Case Reference Is 6130-001x. Case width is stated at 44mm. Wears smaller due to short lugs. Quite a sought after model and easy enough to get a decent example.

• Artemis12
            Artemis12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Those short lugs really make is look and wear nicely. looks good on the mesh too

SEIKO
          PROFESSIONAL
          300m
          7C46

Have a good weekend all

Picture via Tapatalk Premium + NOKIA 3210
          Size: Medium 1024 x 768

Comment

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm... backdrop is either snow, bubble bath, or beer foam.
        Working...
        X