Waywof 31.7.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waywof 31.7.20

Morning all. First time on a plane in nearly 5 months!

Have a great weekend all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200731_071545.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	60498
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Stuff... massive effort to get up really really early and Hammers has beaten me.

Should have guessed..

Back to bed.

Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Hammers
      Hammers commented
      Editing a comment
      You know me H either really early or really late for WAYWOF.

i beat the hammers but I was 'watching out for trains' so that everyone gets to work safely & on time

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6636.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	60501

wearing my precious seiko mm300 that I don't normally take to work but I cannot find my monster so oh well f it
    Last edited by woodstock; 31-07-20, 07:50.

Comment

• Hammers
      Hammers commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the value of great lume. I'll take waywof first post on a technicality only. Morale victory to you.

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Great wrist shot, woodstock ...Your Seiko is best referred to as a "Tuna", or specifically an SBBN017 Tuna. "MM300" is a nickname for the Automatic SBDX 8L35-equipped watches, just to avoid the confusion ..kiwi.bloke is wearing an MM300 further down the page.

I'm always up early. Sunrise was mint again this morning

Name:	mpp.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	60503
    If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

First LED. 1973, with oriiginal lobster bracelet, 14ct gold filled, nice watch.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cyma; 31-07-20, 08:23.
      'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Lost a day somewhere (12 hours maybe) Click image for larger version

Name:	Victory (30).jpg
Views:	76
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	60510
        While i'm not as good as i once was.....i'm as good once as i ever was.......!

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Soviet-era Komandirskies have a unique charm all to themselves

GS for me all this week.

Name:	53052B46-3BB8-4E16-A371-DDAE34E301A1.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	60514
        Have a great weekend folks
        Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Really love the case, yours and Hammers' GMT.

Smiling 1958 Tudor today. Looking nice under macro too

Name:	main shot~3.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	60516

Name:	1596143619736_tulip~3.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	60517

Name:	1596143605651_self winding~3.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	60518

Comment

• woodstock
          woodstock commented
          Editing a comment
          awesome photos the dial is ageing nice

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          And to think, most people probably think it needs the dial re-painted etc

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          The aging really gives this Small Rose a individualistic signature. A great example from the first decade of the Oyster Prince.

Name:	image_6533.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	60524

I like to dress her down a little
        Actively seeking Tuna of all shapes and sizes...to hunt your pride of lions...

Comment

The other MM300... also seldom worn these days. Keep her nice and warm in the safe for the odd weekend use.

Name:	31 July.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	60526

Comment

Great to see a variety of timekeepers today! A late addition from me, but one that could be looked at as a poor man’s alternative to the two ultra-fine Grand Seiko on Hammers’ and captainscalet1’s wrists, the SBGN005G and SBGX083 respectively. My watch has all the performance and precision of the two GS, but only half the build quality, a fraction of the prestige—at least outside of Japan—and even less of the aesthetic beauty. Indeed, this Citizen "Exceed" Eco-Drive EBR74-1092 from 1997 is devoid of the Grand Seiko’s evocative and illustrious heritage.

Despite the Exceed line being only an entry-level luxury in the Japanese domestic market, this EBR74-1092’s Cal. A710 is a thermal-compensated movement equipped with a rate-trimmer, and an accuracy of +/- 10 sec per year, just like the GS SBGN005G’s Cal. 9F86 and SBGX083’s 9F62. Like the 9F86 (but not the 9F62), Citizen’s Cal. A710 features Independently Adjustable Hour Hand (IAHH), a common spec on HAQs. Yes, this Eco-Drive A710 was the world’s first solar-powered HAQ, and while it was not Citizen’s top module—"The Citizen" quartz models of 1997 had GS-crushing +/- 5 sec per year—it no doubt led the way for the first Eco-Drive The Citizen (Chronomaster) of 2011. Of course, Eco-Drive means no battery replacement.

For a dress-come-gents watch, the EBR74-1092’s sapphire crystal has a mean anti-reflective coating.

Last edited by Don; 31-07-20, 19:17.
            On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• harlansmart
              harlansmart commented
              Editing a comment
              'The Citizen" quartz models of 1997 had GS-crushing +/- 5 sec per year' !!!

• Don
              Don commented
              Editing a comment
              Indeed, Harlan ...In 1997, the Grand Seiko flagship model was the quartz SBGX019 in solid 18K white gold, retailing at 2,000,000 Yen. The most expensive steel GS was the SBGX007, priced at 200,000 Yen. Both powered by the Quartz Cal. 9F62, with an accuracy of +/- 10 sec per year, the same as current GS Quartz. To date, very few limited edition GS quartz offered any better than +/- 10 sec per year.

Citizen's flagship of '97 was "The Citizen" CTZ57-0523, which was sold at 120,000 Yen and fitted with Quartz Cal 0350 +/- 5 sec per year. Every The Citizen of 1997 had this yearly rate. This is, of course, nothing compared to the newly released (2019) Citizen Cal. 0100, which is rated to +/- 1 sec per hear. See https://www.citizenwatch-global.com/caliber0100/

• Artemis12
              Artemis12 commented
              Editing a comment
              Those are just crazy numbers, especially the citizen at almost atomic clock levels

have a fantastic weekend all Click image for larger version

Name:	20200731_183652.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	60536

Comment

Name:	261713F5-8496-4696-8998-143DEFD0C58F.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	60538 Like Hammers I was traveling for work today - heading home after spending most of the week at our Auckland office. The Mido isn’t as easy to wear when on the move so I threw the Stefan Johansson on the leather NATO for today’s wrist wear. The chrono function also came in handy this morning when making an Aeropress filter coffee.

Comment

• Don
                Don commented
                Editing a comment
                Stefan Johansson "Aeropress" Chronograph has a appealing ring to it

• Hammers
                Hammers commented
                Editing a comment
                Could have tried to meet up for a coffee.... Dam
            Working...
            X