Clear All

• Waywof 7.8.20

Have a great weekend all

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200807_075620.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	60655
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

6119,, and blue as well, have a great weekend. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0117.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	60661
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Happy Friday - no change today

Comment

Vintage for a day on the tractor. Have a good one all.

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Despite being an adult, if I had a day in a tractor wearing a 1970s Seiko 6138-8020, I’d pretend I was timing afterburners in a spacecraft

• Artemis12
          Artemis12 commented
          Editing a comment
          "Lol" totally agree Don!! Omg a joystick!! what's that for??I'm betting something cool

246 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gents, the 6138 is in need of a service, like a lot of mine, and the pushers are typically stiff so no good for timing much and is the only vintage I wear on the farm, keeps good time too. And the joystick on the armrest just controls some of the hydraulics, you can program it to do various tasks but I mainly use it like a switch.

Tgif really looking forward to the weekend. New arrival courtesy of courier post hiding in the background Have a brilliant weekend all Click image for larger version  Name:	Seiko 6105-8110 .jpg Views:	16 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	60665
        Last edited by Artemis12; 07-08-20, 18:26.

Comment

• retlaw4
          retlaw4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that a Seiko Ashtray in the background???

• Artemis12
          Artemis12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sharp eyes retlaw4

A classic (and rare) case of 1 watch done well by someone with passion and drive. Great bit of kit.

Name:	7 August.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	60667

Comment

It's a World Time kind of Friday, always comfy on a NATO this one:

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

G

Comment

Started the day with this -

Name:	F429C129-A90D-454B-8A6A-EC29022C497F.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	60673 Click image for larger version

Name:	A78D5499-A1EB-4EAC-B3A8-5964CA7631AD.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	60672

Comment

Name:	IMG_20200807_134446.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	60676

Comment

• Don
              Don commented
              Editing a comment
              That yellow is spectacular in this light.

A Seiko for a change today…

This is a Seiko Automatic Diver’s 200m SKZ285 “Shurikane”, aka Starfish, manufactured for approximately two years (2010-2012). For those of us already into watching in 2010, you’ll recall the ISO diver offerings from Seiko for markets outside of Japan. The entry-level divers were the Cal. 7S26 SKX line, the most popular of which would have been the SKX007/009 and the original Monster. Prospex 200m Divers were, back then, exclusively for the Japan Domestic Market, and the range did not expand outside of JDM until around 2016.

Mid-range Seiko Divers for the international market were the Quartz 200m, like the SHC0xx “Sawtooth”, and a few mechanical divers within the Superior lineup. One of the latter was the Cal. 7S36-equipped Superior SKZ2xx divers, officially marketed by Seiko in some countries as the Shurikane, or Samurai Shurikane. Seiko’s 2010 press release stated that the design was inspired by the Japanese concealed weapon (shuriken), and I believe that the altered spelling was with Internet-search optimization in mind (life would be easier for me had Citizen changed their name to “Citizane”). In the West, these divers were also nicknamed Starfish, though it should be noted that the Starfish moniker had already been given to a 1990s range of Kinetic Diver’s 200m.

The 44mm SKZ285 Shurikane is stainless steel with Seiko’s proprietary Hard Coating, giving it a surface Vickers hardness of 1,000 Hv, i.e. around that of Citizen’s basic Duratec or SuperTitanium and on the bottom spectrum of diamond-like coating (DLC). Being proprietary, we’re not certain on the exact surface treatment composition, but it could be similar to a titanium carbon nitride (TiCN) process. This coating gives the SKZ285 a rather odd tactile feel, compared to older PVD and IP blackening. While being quite a heavy 15mm-thick watch, the low heat conductance and smoothness of the surface makes it feel like plastic to the touch.

Also interesting is the centre of the dial, with its waffle-pattern similar to what we see on the recently-released Prospex SRPE “King Turtle”.
            On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• Artemis12
              Artemis12 commented
              Editing a comment
              looking forward to a few more pics of this one Don

• Don
              Don commented
              Editing a comment
              Sure!

• Artemis12
              Artemis12 commented
              Editing a comment
              Brilliant

Hi-Beat perfection.

Name:	B8D3A590-C98C-450F-8E44-6D73204E2982.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	60682

Comment

• Don
              Don commented
              Editing a comment
              One of the things I love about these original Grand Seiko from the late-1960s is how well-proportioned they are. Whenever Seiko does a re-edition of these GS, they are under the pressure to increase their case sizes to appeal to today's taste. IMO, some of that proportional balance is lost. The limited edition SBGW047, a lovely watch though it is, just looks awkward and homely next to this '69 45GSC.

I acquired this recently as a trade and decided to give it some wrist time today to see if I like it. It has some nice features, but I’m still not sold on it.

Name:	DFAE4009-267E-4F81-8E15-7231C2B19135.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	60692

Name:	7DD83E00-8420-4286-93BC-05299491919A.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	60691

Comment

• Don
              Don commented
              Editing a comment
              Could be just up to individual aesthetic preferences, Leroy... For me, I like your Field&Stream in Post #8 more 
          Working...
          X