Waywof 21 August 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waywof 21 August 2020

Trying to brighten up a dull morning. Have a good weekend all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200821_080217.jpg Views:	15 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	61018
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Have a fantastic day all Roll on the weekend plus a bit of orange to brighten the morning

Click image for larger version  Name:	Seiko 7c46-6009 ashtray _071044.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	61020

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      We're lucky to see this one often on these pages, so thank you, Artemis12. Almost forgetting now that the watch is, in fact, very rare.

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Don. Going from past posts on the forum there could be another two somewhere in nz, unless mine is one of those, then there's one somewhere hiding out there to be found

Lockdown VII

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lockdown.jpg Views:	8 Size:	56.9 KB ID:	61023

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      LD #7 hahahah brilliant work Sir

• psyched
      psyched commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, bugger v II

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      looking good Psyched

Well that was a bit dumb - I’m about to get rid of the Tangin as part of a trade. I took it off the bracelet that it was on and threw it on this leather NATO to see how it looked. Of course it looks bloody good and now I wanna keep it!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	B02FDF1E-E5E8-4ECE-85C2-542A81B29F43.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	61026 Click image for larger version

Name:	DA4BA8A8-9575-40EB-9017-6102BB3A3C4C.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	61025

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      Love how a new watch can often be gotten just thru a strap swap isn't it.

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Too true Harlan

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      A perfect tone of brown to suit too.

Stuff, dates wrong but it’s trivial enough to overlook by miles on the 1st Spring Drive in NZL

SEIKO SD600 GMT

Comment

Was supposed to be in Taupo today (and all weekend). Looks like it's tunes instead

Name:	Speedie(1).jpg
Views:	75
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	61040
      If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        I think for all of us, 2020 will be remembered as the "Was-Supposed-To Year".

Excuse the date, I can't see it without my glasses. Have a good one all.

Comment

• harlansmart
        harlansmart commented
        Editing a comment
        GOLGO woop woop

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Wears amazingly there

Name:	IMG_20200821_132034.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	61043

Comment

• harlansmart
        harlansmart commented
        Editing a comment
        According to someone here w/me:

'Thats beautiful, I'd wear that for sure'.

One of my favourite vintage on today:

Have a good weekend all!

G

Comment

• harlansmart
        harlansmart commented
        Editing a comment
        And whats the basic primary purpose of a watch... to tell one the time, and this one certainly does a prima job of that.

So this lovely piece is perfect for the visually challenged, 246 & I etc

• Gauss
        Gauss commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely Harlan - I quite like the fact that although the dial presents a very practical and legible display of the time, it's also the source of the charm of this particular watch

• harlansmart
        harlansmart commented
        Editing a comment
        100% Gauss... too many don't understand that 'a' watch doesn't have to say NZD24,500 or ROLEX or SWISS MADE on it for it to give pleasure.

It's got a lovely charm to it, exactly as you say, it's cool too.

Great to see more watches today than last Friday ...Doing my watch-enthusiast-thingie today.

During the early- to mid-1990s, the primary target demographic for the relatively-young G-Shock sub-brand were teenagers and young men in their 20s. Casio must have thought that once these men reach middle management, a more solid design that minimized the obvious functional components of traditional Gs in favour of quality of material and detail would appeal more to these business executives. So in 1996, Casio introduced a collection of G-Shock for-grown-ups, and gave it a name so daft only the Japanese could manage to come up with, MR-G ("Mister-G").

G-SHOCK MR-G MRG-1-1 (1996)

These 1st Generation MR-Gs hail from a nostalgic era when all G-Shock were constructed in the same way, with inner metal case and screw-in case back. The one on my wrist today is actually the very first MR-G manufactured by Casio, the MRG-1, now on the cusp of becoming a vintage. This watch has an all-titanium inner case, and at its introduction, would have been pitched at the quality, but non-luxury, segment. That is, the titanium MR-1 poised itself against the likes of Citizen titanium sports watches of the mid-90s.

24 years later, the MR-G is now Casio's flagship range, competing in the entry-luxury market and retailing upward of NZ$4k for the basic MRGB1000D model. For many of us more traditional watch enthusiast, it is very hard to wrap our head around how a hand-assembled MR-G now competes with not only mid-range Seiko, but in the territory of Swiss technical-oriented brands like Bell&Ross and Fortis (and might be winning, too). Not only that, if you follow the market, modern MR-Gs are finding buyers left and right. Anyway, this watch, the 1996 MRG-1, is where it all started over two decades ago.

Casio, like Seiko and Citizen, proves to the watch world that you don't need to exclude in order to be successful. I yearn for the day when the word "exclusivity" gets the negative connotation it so much deserves, the way the word "discrimination" has.
      On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheers, Harlan

• Artemis12
        Artemis12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Another great post Don. I throughly enjoy the history and how your watches fit into it. Have a great weekend
        Last edited by Artemis12; 22-08-20, 09:13.

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Artemis12, I appreciate that. Thank you.

I never used to like gold watches - I always had it in my head that stainless steel suited my skin colour better. Then I got a gold watch and loved it. Now I own a bunch and can go full Pimp Daddy if the mood takes me. This 6139 6012 is a little cracker. The original hardlex is scratched too bits and new glass would show off the immaculate dial - but I haven't yet got around to doing that.

Name:	thumbnail_20200821_170351.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	61052

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        A great Friday to you too, Guzz... I totally understand what you mean--especially at some angles where the light really show up the scratches, right? ...There is merit in keeping the original, which is Hardlex rather than the softer aftermarket mineral crystal, but then a new glass would breathe a lot of life into the watch. I would suggest that you order in a reproduction crystal and gasket--there are many on eBay, and the parts number is 330W18GN. You can then just keep them until you feel you want to get it done, or when you need some work done on the watch, or even for when you want to sell the piece.

I would source one for you, but unfortunately, regular postal services to NZ has not yet resumed.

• harlansmart
        harlansmart commented
        Editing a comment
        You look great pimped out like that...

PS: Maybe consider starting to develop a quiver of gold medallions, think it'll be another thing you could really get into (hopefully you've a decently hairy chest n all).

• Artemis12
        Artemis12 commented
        Editing a comment
        sweet looking piece Guzz

Awesome range of time picec's today all have a great weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X