WAYWOF 4th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAYWOF 4th September

Been celebrating my 30th with a recent pick up - a 1950s Pink Gold GP pulsation dial chronograph

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200904_063132.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	61453 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200830_134244.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	61454 Click image for larger version

Name:	close 2~3.JPG
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	61455

Another Chrono, enjoy the weekend Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6809.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	61459
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

• retlaw4
      retlaw4 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a heavy hitting piece!

Awesome piece Retlaw4

Comment

Happy Friday all, have a totally fantastic weekend Click image for larger version

Name:	Seiko 6105-8110 1974 on uncleSeiko_072543.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	61462

Comment

Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk

Comment

Stunning morning in Auckland today, heading to the Mainland for a road trip tomorrow, first holiday of the year - wohoo Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0047.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	61466

Comment

• Gauss
            Gauss commented
            Editing a comment
            I really like the Airman series, cool watch psyched

• LeroyC
            LeroyC commented
            Editing a comment
            Apparently the folks down here want your money but not your diseases so they’re in a bit of a quandary!! LOL

As psyched said, a really nice sunny morning today in AKL. Hope for the same wherever you all might be today.

Have a good weekend!

G

Comment

Originally posted by retlaw4 View Post
            Been celebrating my 30th with a recent pick up - a 1950s Pink Gold GP pulsation dial chronograph
            Also very annoying that the forum doesn't allow comments on the starting post, that's a great looking mid-century chrono retlaw! They really knew how to do a lug or two back in the day didn't they? Out of interest can you tell me what calibre is powering that one?

Comment

• retlaw4
              retlaw4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Gauss. Its powered by the Valjoux 22 movement.

• Don
              Don commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad that Gauss asked, as I was about to guess the movement to be Landeron 48, given the rectangular pushers. However, Valjoux 22 is even better

Beaut morning in the 09! Best of the week, and not just because it’s FriYAY!
            HAGWE TKNZers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "at least it won't be a down-trou" - Dean Barker 07/09/2013 (PDT)

Comment

Originally posted by retlaw4 View Post

Name:	IMG_20200904_063132.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	61453 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200830_134244.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	61454 Click image for larger version

Name:	close 2~3.JPG
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	61455
              Wow! Best vintage I’ve seen on here since the Eterna. Stunning.

Comment

• retlaw4
                retlaw4 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks!

• Don
                Don commented
                Editing a comment
                Beaut condition too given the 60+ years. Especially the well-preserved dial.

Back in the tractor today, Valtra T151 for those interested, hard to believe we had snow on the ground a couple of days ago, 17 and windy today. Some great watches so far today. Hagwe, I'm watching my son in Colts Metro semi tomorrow.

Comment

Well I’m gonna ruin things and bring us back down a notch. Haha! I’m getting into the garden this afternoon hopefully so the G Shock is on the wrist. As much as it’s at a completely different level to all other watches already posted (except for 246’s as he beat me to it while I typed this long winded post on my phone) I’m actually a bit blown away by what’s happening in the G Shock market. It seems it’s going the way of Seiko and as soon as something exits production the value shoots up. I think I got this at an eBay type price 7 or 8 years ago for around the $200 mark. May even have been a bit less. I know I only paid $150 for the King of G that I bought when I first sold this Riseman and that was from a well known Wellington based Casio retailer. Both watches were on sold without profit, but probably not much loss either. However you’re looking at a minimum of NZ$350 + shipping to buy new ones now on eBay as it seems those specific models are out of production. And anything that’s slightly ‘limited edition’ is another coupla hundy. So I’m now in the same situation with Casio as I have been with all the vintage Seikos that I bought and sold for next to nothing over the years! It’s crazy. It does make you think about buying one or two of the current cheaper, but slightly interesting models and putting them away for 5-10yrs to see if they’ll end up being worth four times as much. That’s not really why I like watches though so I’ll just move on and have a bit of a chuckle at people that are prepared to pay $500 for a Riseman.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8BE00B8D-1EE8-498C-B346-6F52A71A262B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	111.5 KB ID:	61477
                Last edited by LeroyC; 04-09-20, 11:11.

Comment

• Don
                  Don commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not ruining anything at all, Leroy--at least not for me. If we're talking price, then I'm winning the whose-is-the-cheapest stake with my WAYWOF a couple of posts down :D

I too have been taking an interest in G-Shock's rise within the last 5 or so years, from Budget Range, when their main strength was low price, to where they are now--Quality Range Non-Luxury, where main strength is quality. I commented in my WAYWOF post two weeks ago that Casio's flagship MR-G is now Entry-Level Luxury, and at NZ$4k+ for the basic MR-G, they are definitely charging for intangible luxury value. Whether or not the mainstream watch enthusiasts agree, G-Shock now competes with not only their compatriots, Citizen and Orient, but also with base Swatch Group brands, like Hamilton and Tissot. Whether or not WIS like it, MR-G is now in direct competition with Swiss technical-orient entry-level luxury Swiss, like Bell&Ross and Fortis, along with (gasp) Seiko Marinemaster.

I remember 10-15 years ago, how mainstream watch forums turned their noses at Seiko, and folks on TradeMe won't fork out any more than a few hundred for a Seiko ("it's just a Seiko"). Some of these people now write on Hodinkee/Monochrome-type sites with pretty pictures. pretending that they never disliked Seiko. The feeling that mainstream enthusiasts have for G-Shock today is the exact same feeling towards Seiko a decade ago. So, you're onto something!
                  Last edited by Don; 04-09-20, 15:13.

246 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m sure you guys are right on the Casio front, I don’t know enough to comment. But, I would just caution any recent increase could be related to the abundant money printing going on around the world. I’m sure it’s affecting things in limited supply. All that money has to go some where, how long will it continue, who knows. Enjoy your weekend.

• Don
                  Don commented
                  Editing a comment
                  246, I agree totally. The cruel thing about bubbles are that they continue to expand up to the very moment they burst. I've cautioned people about making big ticket purchases during these times, though I can never be sure whether those same people are on the receiving end of the money printing chain

10 more days of lockdown, so back in the home office on Monday. Frrrt. May as well have a few beers this weekend

Name:	Lord Matic.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	61485

If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

Great watches and commentary today ...A Russian on my wrist to celebrate 1000 posts on Timekeeper, which is behind a lot of your guys, but that's all I have been able to do in 11 years on this forum ...

VOSTOK "AMPHIBIA" 170863 GMT
                  Last edited by Don; 04-09-20, 14:40.
                  On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• LeroyC
                    LeroyC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very cool. I like that one.

Rising in value even more than Leroy’s watch. Undoubtedly
                  Attached Files
                  Actively seeking Tuna of all shapes and sizes...to hunt your pride of lions...

Comment

Working...
                  X