Aragon watch co, u.s.a.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aragon watch co, u.s.a.

Anyone any experience with ARAGON watches?

Someones looking this this fellow, Model is 'Parma 2’… 50mm case, 17mm thick, 25j Japanese Made NH35 mechanical and currently on special at USD99

https://www.aragonwatch.com/product_p/a357grn.htm

Click image for larger version  Name:	ARAGON.Parma.2.NH35.50mm.png Views:	0 Size:	660.1 KB ID:	61761
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Thanks harlan
    Keen to buy this am just waiting for a reply about shipping cost

Comment

Originally posted by harlansmart View Post
      Anyone any experience with ARAGON watches?

Someones looking this this fellow, Model is 'Parma 2’… 50mm case, 17mm thick, 25j Japanese Made NH35 mechanical and currently on special at USD99

https://www.aragonwatch.com/product_p/a357grn.htm

Click image for larger version Name:	ARAGON.Parma.2.NH35.50mm.png Views:	0 Size:	660.1 KB ID:	61761
      Seen then on Dropbox before, look decent bang for buck, especially with the robust Seiko movement
      'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Big watch... 17mm thick!
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Thats a massive chunk at 50x17
          Crown @ 3 could be a nuisance
          But that depends on how the underside of case is shaped ( flat or Pam style)
          If its Pam style you may get away with the crown @ 3.
          just my 10 cents
          Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Just as a counterpoint, a few things that one should definitely be considering before ordering. These are more about correctness in representation, and about expectations that you should have.

1) On the page linked to, Aragon states, “Movement Country of Origin: Japan”. Most of us here already know that this is not true. Correctly speaking, the movement used in this watch is not a Seiko-branded movement, as one would find in a Seiko-branded watch. It is an SII NH35A, manufactured in China by Time Module Ltd, which while wholly-owned by Seiko, does not produce the NH35A in Japan, but in China... The NH35A does not have “Japan” inscribed anywhere on it, yet the watch case says “JAPAN MOVEMENT”. A deal breaker for me, but may not be for others.

2) “K1 crystal” just means mineral glass.

3) Don’t count on the claimed water resistance rating. Mass-produced NH35A cases—you can find tons from China on eBay—have at most 30-50m WR. This is the same water-resistance found on top-grade $700 replica watches because they are all made using the same technology. This is regardless of what it says on the case... If your brand new NZ$85 G-Shock DW9052 doesn’t pass a 20 BAR pressure test, Casio will back you up. If your “200m” no-name-brand watch floods at the kitchen sink, do you think someone would cover it? Aragon does not have a product warranty beyond 30-days. You can read this one their website... Coupled this with the fact that they state, "Returns must arrive within 30 days of the date of purchase", and you'll be mailing the watch back to the US via NZPost International Courier Economy (EMS), which is the cheapest method for international parcels with a tracking option. That is, if you're returning an Aragon watch for a refund, any reason, the return shipping will cost you around NZ$80!

4) You might find out the hard way about getting what you pay for. Now, many here know that I’m all for budget-range watches and honest value, but as an experiment, do this… Go to eBay and search NH35A. You’ll find the lowest priced movement at around US$30. Now pick out a decent case and crystal, dial and hands, bracelet... Without even putting these together, without shipping and operating cost of running an internet store, your total bill for parts is already pass US$110. However, we know that outfits like these are for-profit, so think how much more inferior the components have to be to still net them a profit. What I’m getting at is to be prepared for the level of quality that, for many of us here more familiar with at least budget-range brands, might find to fall short of what we’re accustomed to.

Have I purchased a Chinese-made micro-brand diver? Yes.. Was it good? Quite good… But it cost a lot more than US$99. To an extent, do beware when something might be too good to be true, or sometimes, too cheap to be good
            On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Fair points, yeah fair enough... it is a NZD189 item delivered so relatively low priced fun hopefully... still sneaky the way they write JAPAN on it, pondered that too... but thats no worse than other things.

Harlan
              Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Seems has a 2 year warrantee if watch registered online within 30 days.
                will upload pics and my thoughts for what they are worth when it arrives

Comment

• Don
                  Don commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You read better than I do, sakkara! ...I hadn't located that information until you pointed it. Anyway, I hope all goes well, and you won't need to claim the warranty.
              Working...
              X