X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waywof - 25 September 2020

Zilla Friday and a black cat for an extra bit of good luck
    Have a fantastic Friday and weekend everyone

Click image for larger version  Name:	Citizen AutoZilla NH6930-09_060652.jpg Views:	17 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	62061

Citizen dress watch for the day.

Beautiful day here in Christchurch

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk
    Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

• Hammers
      Hammers commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice Pete. Everything about this watch is sharp.

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 with Hammers. I've not seen this model before, and was guessing it might be a discontinued model. Then saw the Date window, and think it might be something recent or current?

• captainscarlet1
      captainscarlet1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great legibility on this one Pete.

Have a great weekend all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200925_075007.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	62066
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm preferring the original 6105-8110 more and more over the current SPB151 re-edition. Something missing from the SPB151 that I can't put my finger on.

• kiwi.bloke
      kiwi.bloke commented
      Editing a comment
      Patina!

I’ve been getting to know this one a bit better this week. A product of the ‘jewel wars’.

Name:	407AD580-26E7-4FAF-B8D5-68F2647BFE13.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	62068
    Have a great weekend chaps.
    Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

• Gauss
      Gauss commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd love to see the movement on this one, its always fun to see where they stuff all of the 60-odd nonfunctional jewels across the rotor and bridges on watches from that period!

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      A beautiful piece, Capt'n. The case, red Date, and Date magnifier reminds me of 1960s Rado Horse range.

• captainscarlet1
      captainscarlet1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys See my post further down.

Starting the day with my other Helix.

Name:	B84D1386-FB5C-442E-BB79-CF1C0C25E223.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	62070

Comment

Lets go yachting,, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0177.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	62072
      'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Stayed at Fox and now the Hermitage but yet to get a clear view of Mt Cook lol. Still weather and South Island have been spectacular aside

Name:	image_6978.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	62074

Comment

Name:	thumbnail_20200925_115100.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	62077

Comment

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            This case shape works very well on bracelet, IMO.

• Guzz
            Guzz commented
            Editing a comment
            Don - I think you might say that about any watch on a bracelet!!!

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha...very true, Guzz

I'm wearing my Certina today. Need to find a NOS crown for it at some stage and then it will be all-original parts. Hope that you all have a great weekend!

G

Comment

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            Always great to see this Water-King, Gauss. Should be able to find the correct crown, as a large number was made. Look to Europe, as they were popular there.

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah thats a class piece.

Makes me miss my Kakume. Really should look for another decent one.

Tossing a 'Pilot' watch into the mix today. Still unsure about the bezel, I think the smaller diameter one is the go so may change over this weekend.

Name:	25 September.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	62083

Comment

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            Clean bezel is very sweet on this case.

I'm without "hands" today ...Was recently very fortunate to pick up another specimen of the vintage Casio "Heavy Duty" 300m DW-3000C ( https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...0344#post60344 ), and with these 1985 watches being very rare, it is a treat to find two. This example is in better condition than the first unit posted in the Nice Pair thread, so is the one I've chosen to keep.

CASIO "HEAVY DUTY" 300m DW-3000 (1985)
          Last edited by Don; 25-09-20, 17:00.
          On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            jeepers I NEED a decent CASIO

Why don't you sell me this one, please

• kiwi.bloke
            kiwi.bloke commented
            Editing a comment
            I think there are a couple of us chasing a decent Casio DW-3000C. I love the fact you can fit an aftermarket strap to it. Would be nice on a mesh or Eulit.

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Artemis12 & Harlan... kiwi.bloke, yes agree The flexibility of conventional 22mm straps makes the DW-3000 extra appealing. I thought about bracelet and mesh, but decided the case detail would stand out better against a backdrop of some kind of black, plus leather reminds me to keep away from water.

One setback on this Casio is that there is very little clearance between the spring bars and the case. This means that it can only accommodate straps up to around 2 mm thick, like the ones currently fitted. I did try fitting thick chunky leather straps at first, but ended up damaging those brand new straps :/ Perlon or nylon Nato might fit, though.

Pea planting today, rugby viewing tomorrow. Looking like a good weekend, stay safe all.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Seeko⌚️

Comment

I'd love to see the movement on this one, its always fun to see where they stuff all of the 60-odd nonfunctional jewels across the rotor and bridges on watches from that period

Here you go Gauss,

Click image for larger version  Name:	B6983F27-9E74-4DF7-884C-E53E14A44DB8.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	121.0 KB ID:	62096

I believe the movement is a AS1674, with 25 functional jewels. You may also notice that the rotor is off centre, allowing a much thinner movement overall for the time. The other 52 jewels are mostly in the auto winding mechanism. Usually I wouldn’t crack open a movement until it needs servicing, but on this occasion I’m glad I did. Not only is it a tad dirty, but the eagle eyed amongst you will see an errant movement clamp just at the base of the balance cock.

Thanks for your comments also Don. The date wheel alternates between red and blue dates (odd and even)
              Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

• Don
                Don commented
                Editing a comment
                Geez, I didn't expect something this nice under the hood, and like Gauss said, I was expecting to see jewels lining the edges of the movement and the rotor. I've seen a 100-jewel movement before, and that's how they generally are. But A. Schild calibers are very good vintage high-grades, on the same level as Zenith automatics of the period and certainly better than later Omega 1000 Series. This one, I looked up, was introduced in 1955, and I can only imagine how avant garde an automatic it would have been at the time, so early in the development of self-winders.

The use of the AS movement is another similarity to Rado, who used AS extensively during the 60s. Date colour change is very playful on such an austere-looking piece ...For most of the mid-20th Century, I think we have to give it to the Swiss--they were the best.

Had to come to work for a few hours so have swapped to the SKX-

Name:	SKX7.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	62104

Comment

• harlansmart
                harlansmart commented
                Editing a comment
                minty skx = nice classic watch

like a monster, if you've never had an skx you've never been WIS
            Working...
            X