Waywof - 2 October 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waywof - 2 October 2020

Have a fantastic Friday and weekend everyone Nixon 48-20 Green oxide this morning

Click image for larger version  Name:	Nixon 48-20 green oxide _065039.jpg Views:	34 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	62255

Light as, Aluminium,, Chronograph by Swatch. have a great weekend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0256.JPG Views:	0 Size:	179.1 KB ID:	62257
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

• rolex
      rolex commented
      Editing a comment
      I love SWATCH WATCH

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      This would make a Nice Pair with Leroy's one

Enjoy the weekend guys

Click image for larger version  Name:	39FF4B8E-F1E7-4BCA-B2C3-888C8AD1D53B.jpeg Views:	30 Size:	143.4 KB ID:	62260
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

• Stevo_iwc
      Stevo_iwc commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol diligence at high school was not what I was known for captain.
      Last edited by Stevo_iwc; 02-10-20, 10:38.

• LeroyC
      LeroyC commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s interesting Steve - my wife is a primary school teacher like yourself and she was much the same!! LOL.

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      As an offspring from two generations of teachers, I won't want my child's teacher to have come from the most diligent nor top of her class. I'd want the teacher to understand through experience the challenges her students face. Those are the best teachers, IMO

Been with this one this week. 1972 6139 6012 on a vintage Stelux bracelet. This one is still a work in progress as it needs a clip to secure the day wheel. But apart from that it’s good to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CC5AE52D-8F5C-4A29-9866-03E79436DCD5.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	62263
    Have a great weekend
    Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

• retlaw4
      retlaw4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good!

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      You always have the best spots for a photo shot

• captainscarlet1
      captainscarlet1 commented
      Editing a comment
      This plank of wood could be a contender for ‘Most photographed plank’ ont’tinternet lol.

I'm out running this arvo so I'm rocking my Suunto 9 Baro in limited edition gold

Click image for larger version  Name:	mLS3FkLl.jpg Views:	6 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	62266

Click image for larger version  Name:	kxtOQaBl.jpg Views:	7 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	62268

Have a great Friday & weekend everyone
    Last edited by Mini Forklift; 02-10-20, 11:42.

Comment

• captainscarlet1
      captainscarlet1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t let Mr Smart put you off mate......Keep em coming lol

• Mini Forklift
      Mini Forklift commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha please feel free to elaborate on these comments. Guessing it's just to do with me being new on here as I don't quite follow

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Mini Forklift, Harlan knows that captainscarlet1 is one of the traditionalists among us who doesn't advocate funny business. But your Suunto is more fun business than funny business, so the Capt'n doesn't mind and gave you his blessing ...or something along that line.

Have a good weekend all. Seiko today!

G

Comment

• LeroyC
      LeroyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Second that.

• rolex
      rolex commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice Gauss

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      +1... It's the proportion that's perfect. Most Gents watches today that try to replicate mid-20th Century appeal are, in my view, far too big. This, or no more than a couple of mm above this, is the right size.

UTS ... last time on my wrist, off to marketplace in an effort to downsize

Comment

• rolex
      rolex commented
      Editing a comment
      Super TOOL watch NINCA

Originally posted by Gauss View Post
    Have a good weekend all. Seiko today!

G
    Lovely! What a nice looking vintage Seiko you have there

Comment

• Gauss
      Gauss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mini Forklift, it's in the same vein as that gold 6309 that you got recently - nice everyday mechanicals from the seventies without too many bells and whistles

Name:	thumbnail_20201002_132121.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	62278

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      As far I know, this model of the LM Special 5216 was available up to 1977. However, it is possible that production may have been limited to the time period you mentioned. I would imagine also that, around the world, Seiko dealers would have ordered in few of these mechanical models at a time when Quartz was booming all around. That could also account for their rarity.

• Guzz
      Guzz commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe you're right about the LM 5216 being made through to 1977 - but it's the blue dial variant that (as far as I can tell) was only made for a short time. Lord Matics fascinate me because there are so many variants, different colours, case shapes, faceted glass etc. They still seem relatively underappreciated - and therefore decent value - in a world where vintage seiko prices are clearly only heading up (fast). Bellmatics are in the same camp I think.

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Lord Matics definitely underappreciated, and thus, an excellent ownership proposition for anyone who is after a high-grade vintage movement at so-very-affordable for most people. Very good build quality too, close to KS in fit&finish. I've owned quite a few, and perhaps we can make a thread of it? Bell-Matic slightly further out to reach, but the 27-jewel is sweet and well-worth the extra.

SEIKO H558-5000 ‘Arnie'

Worn famously in Commando 1985, Raw Deal 1986, Predator & Running Man 1987 etc

Introduced 1982, the Worlds 1st 150m Digi-Ano the H558 was an expensive item retailing at whopping 45,000 Japanese Yen

H558 ‘Tuna’ went to the top of Everest 1988, Explorations to North & South Poles & was successfully tested across a 100c temperature range (-40c to +60c)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8350.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	152.6 KB ID:	62331
    Last edited by rolex; 02-10-20, 14:01.

Comment

• psyched
      psyched commented
      Editing a comment
      Arnie got around eh... unmistakably 80s and iconic at that

Incomming......

Click image for larger version  Name:	Black Luftwaffe (2).jpg Views:	11 Size:	144.6 KB ID:	62290
    While i'm not as good as i once was.....i'm as good once as i ever was.......!

Comment

Mine is a more um... diluted Russian than Scouser's almost-quintessential Komanderskie in the above post . Less brutal in attitude, but wins me in many ways nonetheless.

VOSTOK "AMPHIBIA Classic" 170863 GMT
      On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Guzz, the 170 Case, including this 170863 is not new. It was first released in December last year, and I actually missed out on the first batch of the 170863 GMT when it came out. When 170863 was restocked in March, it was completely sold out within a few hours, but thankfully I purchased one in time. However, (no) thanks to the pandemic, I only received the package from Russia a month ago--yes, it spent nearly 6 months in transit! :P

For reasons that I have yet to ask Chistopol, they seem to have discontinued production of the 170 Amphibia. There are no longer 170863, no any other 170 case there... See Gauss' comment above, too ...Yes, resellers including on eBay, still have them. Meranom is the actual Vostok factory, so everything comes out from there.
        Last edited by Don; 02-10-20, 16:13.

• Guzz
        Guzz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks both

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Gauss. The 170 Case is as good on the wrist as in the photos, and this is the second that I've owned, with the first being the 170548 ( https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...7033#post57033 ), now with its new owner in France. It was a difficult call as to which one to keep, as the 170548 was near-perfect for what it was. Minor details, like the case finishing between the lugs, could benefit from improvement, but overall I was very happy.

Guzz, you're most welcome.

I’m volunteering as dressing room help for my daughter’s theatre school production this afternoon. So I’m trapped in a fairly small room with about a dozen pre-teens and teens. BUT at least this one has windows unlike the ones downstairs! Done that before and it’s like a glimpse into the underworld. Stefan Johansson on the wrist today to help keen the spirits up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	675ADEBB-A52C-4226-B1F7-7D9D3CFE6EE4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	102.6 KB ID:	62324

Comment

+1

Originally posted by Don

From 1965-1974, there was another watch in the market which had nearly the same specs--automatic with auxiliary hand-winding, 25 jewels, same slow-beat of 19'800 A/hr, and same Date set by changing 21-24h. That watch had the same fixed GMT hand calibrated to the hour hand with a corresponding external rotating 24 hour bezel. It had the same acrylic crystal, and same canteen crown, though only 50m WR. During the 60s, that watch retailed for US$250.

The movement was called the Cal. 1575GMT, and the watch was the Rolex GMT-Master Ref. 1675... Today, Rolex no longer have the technology nor the tooling to produce (nor the courage to market) an actual GMT-Master 1675 to this original spec, and neither does any other watch company in the world. Only Vostok
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Harlan

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          Says it all mate....

Frankly, I do not appreciate all the modern day rolex frothing

Each to their own, that is all cool too

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely like you say, and that's why I described it as "diluted" especially compared to Scouser's Komanderskie and kiwi.bloke's Amphibia below--both very pure with their Slavic charm. A couple of years ago, I had a Komanderskie 65 GMT that used a similar 4-hand movement, but had a more "correct" vibe ( https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...0938#post40938 ). Russian watches are never perfect though, kinda like us humans, and the flaws you see (including any Rolex misdirection) are part of their quirky nature.

Another Ruskie. On flat mesh. Nice cheap as chips combo.

Name:	2 October.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	62336

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Most Amphibia, like most Doxa divers, wear shark mesh really well.
      Working...
      X