Collection plan's for 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection plan's for 2021

What are your watch plan's for the coming year of 2021????
    Downsize, upside or maintain your current collection??
    super mega purchase or just saving for a rainy day. Maybe even selling up and finding something else?? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210112-221536_Chrome.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	64967

Hi All,

For me I think 2021 will definitely be an interesting year considering the constantly developing situation with covid around the world.

Since joining tknz early last year and working my way through the posts and chatting with the super friendly guys within the forum. I finally have my plans sorted out for my "living collection"

Last year was just fantastic for me watch wise. I managed to pick up three grail watches. i would have never thought this possible in such a short period of time. I picked up a 6105 off a forum member, then a 7c46-6009 ashtray which I thought I would never see for sale in nz, once again with some help form one of the lad's. But best of all was picking up a super hard to find Casio mqd-2000w from the state's.Click image for larger version  Name:	20210110_103847.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.8 KB ID:	64970 Click image for larger version  Name:	Seiko 7c46-6009 ashtray s23155j  _101005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.6 KB ID:	64971 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210101_114515.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	64972

As you can guess I love early dive watches form the 80's and 90's. Most of these are quartz with a couple of automatics thrown into the mix.

My current plans for 2021

I've got a few of my early low value watches to sell. These watches were purchased a few years before i joining tknz, when I didn't really have a clue about what I was doing or where I was heading in this amazing watch rabbit hole.

'm currently saving for one big purchase, either an early 80s or 2000's limited edition diver, but If I'm really lucky I might be able to pick up an extra one or two along the way.

I've currently got two picec's on the way. One's a planned purchase of a seiko from the mid 80s and the other one is a bit of a whim citizen jp from the late 90s early 2000, but this will fit in perfectly

But like all living things I'm constantly evaluating my collection
    Last edited by Artemis12; 13-01-21, 06:54.

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      You've done very well this past year, Artemis12, despite the challenges of buying in watches amidst the pandemic. In percentage growth of collections, I think you'd be very near, if not right at, the top on our forum. May great pieces continue to come your way in 2021.

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Don, I don't think I could have sorted out my direction without your help and the help of the other tknzer's last year was definitely exciting on many levels
      Last edited by Artemis12; 14-01-21, 12:26.

My plan is to focus on one or two nice piece. One for my birthday and one for Christmas.

I'd like to get a diver for sure and that will be my main focus

Comment

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool indeed, looks like you're sticking to your guns in have two watch at both ends of the spectrum

• lepo76
      lepo76 commented
      Editing a comment
      that's the plan!

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      I look forward to seeing the bb58

Consolidation.....yeah right!!!!
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      So another words, a few more acquisitions on the cards???
      Last edited by Artemis12; 13-01-21, 19:00.

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      hahaha

'Consolidation.....yeah right!!!!' - Hammers

1. Don't knowingly buy anything stupid.

2. If I'm going for a drink anywhere at any stage, delete eBay from my phone beforehand.

Comment

• lepo76
      lepo76 commented
      Editing a comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      There are those breathalyzer devices that you have to blow into to start a car, so perhaps an eBay login breathalyzer? :D

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great words to live by also, and this is from experience!!!!! Turn off Bluetooth notifications that unlock your phone while its in your pocket, especially just after looking at your ebay watch list. Otherwise you might get home after a long day on the tool to suddenly realize that you have just pocket purchased a watch from England!! One very embarrassing email later and its all sorted lol
      Last edited by Artemis12; 13-01-21, 18:45.

Eagerly waiting for the end of the year. Reached an agreement with my wife: One watch a year. Any suggestions to bypass the agreement are welcome

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch!! 351 days to go? :P ...Well, this can be a blessing, if played right. My suggestion would be to see what types of watch your wife likes, and save to set aside a fund to buy her something of quality. It should be new, mechanical, practical and durable enough for her to be willing to wear frequently, but special enough to be from you--something to outlive you both.

Secure the watch, give it to her, and engage her into appreciating and valuing watches in general, including yours. Women often misunderstand that watches are all about turbo-charged boy's toy, but if you can bring them to see that we men mostly buy watches with feeling and emotion--we just don't admit it, and often rationalize it away :D It's actually not uncommon for women to like mechanical watches--my own mum has been a watch admirer for most of her life, and so is my partner. In fact, because my partner knows me better than anyone, I've found that she is often the best to talk watches with.

So, get your wife interested watches, and your new found common interest will be very rewarding. Soon, she might have an even bigger collection than yours, but that's allowed, right? ...If that doesn't work, just come back for Plan B, but do give it a go first. I'm serious!

• Kronos
      Kronos commented
      Editing a comment
      That's true, Artemis. Will give time to save up, and in the meantime use what even I have to the fullest :-)

• Kronos
      Kronos commented
      Editing a comment
      Great suggestion, Don! But, believe me, I have tried!!! And still trying :-) Well, I have to give her credit. She understands that I love watches, and she is sympathetic to my plight. Perhaps, she knows that if left alone, I would have no control and would keep buying :-D Nevertheless, I will implement your suggestion and take it step by step. Will talk some trivia or interesting thing about watches everyday and will try to develop from there :-)

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    Eagerly waiting for the end of the year. Reached an agreement with my wife: One watch a year. Any suggestions to bypass the agreement are welcome
    There is a loophole to limited purchases,
    It's called Trading,
    1 purchase a year
    And trade watches you are no longer wearing.
    The purchase agreement stays unbroken.
    Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea from pedro too. Kronos can even be open, and show his wife how much he made from a sale. Buy another watch with that fund, else buy two lower priced ones, all staying within the initial capital. Can even sell two of his watches and combine the money for a more expensive fare.

• Kronos
      Kronos commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent suggestion, pedro. Although, that's something I am struggling with. I have often thought of trading a couple of watches, but I am unable to bring myself to do it. I always think that I will wear it and there is no point selling it. I sold 3 watches a few months back. They were nothing great, but I still regret it.

Plans for this year are no watch purchases,
    So stop selling and tempting me. Lol.
    All I have planned for 2021 is to finish 2 mods, sell 1 watch and buy a mm300 clasp to fit my sumo.
    Boring I know but my collection is pretty settled at the moment

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 this

If they added the MM300 clasp to SUMO it'd make the SUMO vs OS300 vs MM300 decision even easier !

'buy a mm300 clasp to fit my sumo' - p44

• kiwi.bloke
      kiwi.bloke commented
      Editing a comment
      I replace all my Seiko Divers with MM300 clasps. Bees knees for Seiko bracelets.

Track down (decide on) a nice HAQ and purchase. Decide which I want more, Nautilo white dial diver or Christopher Ward C65 Worldtimer. And buy.

Comment

• Hammers
      Hammers commented
      Editing a comment
      CE worldtimer, good call

I can cross one more of the list but I might have added a few more With out any fan far and beening here for four days the 87 Seiko has arrived and will be hitting the pages of tknz from tomorrow onwards, it might even be the only one in the land of the long grey cloud, but who knows, one could be in someone's secret and wonderful collection we will never see!!
    Definitely can't wait to get it on the wrist tomorrow pic's and story tomorrow
    Last edited by Artemis12; 21-01-21, 21:22.

Comment

Working...
    X