Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. Great idea!

Comment

I liked the idea, then jumped into this thread to see what the deal is and boy did it get ridiculously complicated really fast. Now I have no idea what the rules are

Comment

• Artemis12
        Artemis12 commented
        Editing a comment
        I will repost the rules, then we can give it a crack and see what needs to be adjusted

Hi all,
      Below is a copy and paste of Don's fantastic work on this.

Photos - Any photo you like, as long as it has one of your own watches in it.

I think Method 2 looks good.

1. Is like in Method 1 above, but a “Poll” option is included. However, “Answers” within the poll is left on default, to be edited later when all photos entries have been received at the end of the entry period (the remainder of Saturday, until 11:59 PM).

2. Is exactly like in Method 1.
      2. Members post replies with their photo entry. No response to other posts nor comments are allowed, but members are encouraged (but not compelled) to include a description for the watch, e.g. brand, model, year. Since it is a photo contest, details about the camera/lens used is permitted, but not essential.

3. Like in Method 1, at mid-night of that day, entry closes. The OP or one of the Mods post a final reply notifying that entry is now closed, and then edits the poll “answers” to consist of Post #1, Post #2, Post #3,...to however many entries there are that day. Each reply post or entry already has a Post # on the top right hand corner, so no confusion. The Poll is then set to expire on the Monday 0:00 AM.

4. Is exactly like in Method 1.
      4. Members can vote all day Sunday, and unlike the “Likes”, the Poll function allows everyone to only vote once. The Poll also supports changing votes, and the function will take care of that itself. At midnight, the poll ends automatically, and we have the winner for the week.

Again, this may all sound complicated, but in practice, it is actually quite simple—just describing the process is complicated

Note -
      I've asked Hammers if he can try a test poll, just waiting to hear back, as I'm to sure about how to start a poll.
      Last edited by Artemis12; 22-03-21, 19:50.

Comment

• lepo76
        lepo76 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m with you , method 2 will work well

Is this all sorted now, and starts 28 March, correct ?
      Harlan
      Timekeeper Watch Club
      New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• harlansmart
        harlansmart commented
        Editing a comment
        Problem is who's gonna beat retlaw4 ?

• Artemis12
        Artemis12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Too true, H
        It would be good to do a quick poll test, as I'm not to sure how to set it up.

• lepo76
        lepo76 commented
        Editing a comment
        nobody is gonna beat retlaw4
    Working...
    X