Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waywof 12-2-2021

Will kick of with a classic from 72.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0641.JPG Views:	17 Size:	118.4 KB ID:	66040
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Nice one Cyma.

Still with the IWC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20210212072232.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	66042

Have a great weekend all.

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

took the bus to work today...

Name:	image_7991.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	66044 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210212_085805[1].jpg
Views:	62
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	66045
      Last edited by deerworrier; 12-02-21, 09:21.
      “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
      Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• deerworrier
        deerworrier commented
        Editing a comment
        not quite

• Don
        Don commented
        Editing a comment
        Either deerworrier or lepo76 received one with an upside-down dial? ..hahaha Both cool!

• lepo76
        lepo76 commented
        Editing a comment
        you are right! you have the newest version with the automatic movement

Stuff, was going to wear the iPod NANO (to annoy the Capt.) but it's screen said:

'Connect to power'

So the current go-to is sported, amazing... solar powered, says the right time, right day even.

Good watch.

Via TapaTalk Ultra + NOKIA 3210
      Image sized medium
      768 x 1024 pixels

CITIZEN 300m
      Serial: 081020098
      Codename: EcoZilla
      Titanium crown: Yes
      D.O.M.: August 2010
      Ref: B873-S057914 HST
      Hands/display: Blu’ish lume
      Rotating ring: Green’ish lume
      Mods: Titanium adapter/Tan Zulu
      Last edited by rolex; 12-02-21, 10:45.

Comment

That's one very cool bus ride to one heck of a beautiful work site
        it's a nice spot, bloody windy at times and very exposed to the incoming weather.

Name:	Sophie3.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	66050 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sophie2.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	66051
        we are moving the pipe on the right 50m to the left so it doesn't fall into the sea before Queen J and the green meanies force us all into the wind farm and solar array construction farce.
        and yes, i do like my sites clean and orderly
        “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
        Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          wow awesome work DW, great pix too Boss.

PS: Can you build us a jump track when you're finished making a silly little motorway ?

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Brilliant addition to WAYWOF today, DW! Thanks for sharing. Looks straight out of a Tonka truck TV commercial :D

• Kronos
          Kronos commented
          Editing a comment
          Wonderful pics, deerworrier! And yes, Harlan. A jump track would be awesome! ;-)

at the office

Click image for larger version  Name:	5AE98E8A-FAA8-4BFC-A6FE-93600342100C.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	98.6 KB ID:	66056

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          My own personal preference for the SKX013 would be on this Oyster bracelet.

• lepo76
          lepo76 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes for me it's either this oyster bracelet or the grey zulu, just depends on my mood. Btw the picture quality is pretty bad... didn't realized when I was looking at it on my phone

'Dress to impress,' they say, so I'm rocking aging, and faded gold Seiko 5 bling for a site visit.

Name:	IMG_20210212_130447.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	66059

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you ever end up fitting this with leather straps, Slade?

• sladew
          sladew commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope, not yet. I think that the metal bracelet is growing on me. I've got a spare brown strap but I've started to appreciate the worn, anodized gold colour, particularly where it's rubbing away on the back of the clasp and bracelet.

NANO charged !

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9954.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	142.2 KB ID:	66061
        Via TapaTalk Ultra + NOKIA 3210
        Image sized medium
        768 x 1024 pixels
        Last edited by rolex; 12-02-21, 13:17.

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          Complications displayed include:

1. Constant seconds
          2. Day
          3. Date
          4. Month
          5. Year

Borrowed this Seiko from my partner to wear for the day ...She likes classic field watches, and I got her this piece late last year. Because the standard military-issued field watch tend to be small, we've had a sort of tradition over the years in sharing such watches . This watch, though, is not a mil-issue, and its timeline falls between a few actual historically issued Seiko--the 1968 Seiko 5 6119-8100, 1970 Automatic 7005-8030 (both by the US Special Forces unit MACV-SOG, 1968-1972) and the the current Seiko/Pulsar Quartz PXD433 (British MoD General Service Watch, 2009-present).

Four years prior to the Pulsar PXD433 entering service with the UK Armed Forces, however, Seiko released a military-style watch into their Japanese Domestic Market line known as the "Spirit". The Seiko Spirit was a JDM-only mid-range that existed from 1986 to mid-2010s, and its central ethos was design that return to the functional purpose of a watch--telling time--with legibility being the focus. In my view, the range attempted to bring back aesthetics of previous eras that was still relevant to, and reflecting, the "spirit of the times". By far, the Spirit model that won the hearts of today's Seiko enthusiasts most is the 6R15 Spirit SCVS003, or better known by its 2009 re-designation, the SARB033.

This Seiko Spirit SBCA001 (2005-2010) did not derive inspiration from past historical Seiko, but rather, is a homage or re-imagining of the Hamilton MIL watches of the 80s. Here, the spirit of the times is of that era, when the Swatch Group turned an old-style army Hamilton into a consumer product, the "Khaki". During the late-80s, these watches were considered chic guerrilla fashion, and sold in huge numbers in the States and later in Japan. In Seiko's home country, the Spirit SBCA001 turned out to be quite popular, and today, relatively common in the Japanese used market. Being a quartz of a classic 37 mm size, however, keeps the SBCA001 sufficiently under the radar, and still rare to find outside of Japan.
        On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          Noobie Query: Why is there so little info on PXD433 ?

PS: Thanks for another typically learned post Sir.

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          Harlan, you can see a photo of the Seiko PXD433 (Cal. 7N32) here... https://military-watches.net/pulsar-%2F-citizen ...Why so little info on PXD433? I'm not sure, but could be due to:
          1) The MoD's reply to the Freedom of Information Request stated the "Supplier" as Seiko, but the contract is fulfilled by Seiko's Pulsar division, and thus are branded Pulsar.
          2) The PXD433 has no equatable civilian version, unlike the MoD's dive watches that are off-the-shelf Citizen Promaster Eco-Drives whose model numbers, as provided by the MoD, are the same as the retail versions.
          3) Relative lack of interest among modern watch enthusiasts for quartz-based Japanese non-luxury brands issued by the MoD, e.g. nobody raves over the current British Royal Navy divers--Citizen BN0150-28E and BN0190-07E.

• Kronos
          Kronos commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice one, Don. And thanks for the description. This is going in the reference links :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          Classic + cool = Win

• Kronos
          Kronos commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Harlan! :-)

Casio md-703 in white for tonight have a fantastic and safe weekend everyone Click image for larger version

Name:	20210212_194420.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	66100

Comment

How good are these things?

Name:	5061A8C0-552A-4CA5-B6A3-5B869B64B1FF.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	66103

Comment

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            Another great shot, Leroy. Like how the bezel insert at the 20 minute mark looks Coke, and toward to top, near the lume pip, looks Pepsi.
        Working...
        X